Roy

The Future Of GFL

• Roy pinned this topic
Posted  Edited by Major_Push · Hidden
Hidden

We're finally shrinking down and cutting the dead weight.

Woot.

Also, why can't I use a space in my name. :(

RIP the 10k post count dream, boys.

Edited by Major_Push

"Be good people"

Hidden

The future has many great things to come!

- Triggered -

Creative Team (GFX) 

Former Hide and Seek Manager 

Former Purge Admin

PM me for personal requests

Idk like it kinda sucks 2 suck unless you like sucking :B|:

Fᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤ

Hidden
16 hours ago, Roy said:

Cutting Down On Servers
With GFL being rebuilt, we thought it would be best to cut down on game servers that:

1. Don’t generate much traffic.
  2. Don’t generate any donations.

I cry. Don't hurt me :(.

mISAKA.PNG.7ae08e296fce84289eed8af14dfeb020.PNG

Hidden

Well, I am excited to try out the newer forums.

I am suspecting the length of this upgrade and security risks may have cost us a good number of members, but maybe this will give us an opportunity to improve our forum community this time around instead of trying to fix the old one.  I hope some other changes that might be considered is how someone becomes an admin; I sincerely feel that 25 post count requirement (I'm not sure if it'll still be in place here) was toxic for our community.  Although the players would have never achieved their goals, they still posted on the forums and sets of people trying to make their way to that 25 could literally causes an 100 ~ 200 posts of absolute crap.

It looks like we have a lot of new features.  I'm really happy about that.  I recalling tagging someone was not as convenient, and you had to type in brackets Member with their complete name.  Some people would change their name and the tag would go bad...

Bummer about Sourcebans!  It's very resourceful and that should be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks for the update, @Roy.  I can tell a lot of effort went into this upgrade and it looks like it will be worth it.  Great job.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Hidden

So the website is officially back on? For some reason in the past couple days whenever I visited the gfl website to check, I stumbled upon a link to denro's nfoservers.com test forum, which appeared to have made in the beginning of the year and registered an account on there. The new website looks pretty good.

spacer.png

Hidden
15 hours ago, Snoopy said:

Here's to a fresh new start for GFL.

beer-toast1.jpg

THE NEW WEBSITE LOOKS SO COOL! MAJOR UPGRADE! LOVE IT! GOOD JOB GUYS! The new GFL is certainly better than before! We have taken a huge hit, however, we can still go through this and show those hackers that we won't let it get to us, that we will stand strong as a community!

I think the higher ups need a big THANK YOU! for doing their best to find the problem, fix it, and then having to REDO tho WHOLE WEBSITE! It must have taken HOURS of their time!

Anyway, thanks guys for getting the forums back up and doing your best, I think we all appreciate it :D

THANK YOU!

-DankMoose

Hidden
22 hours ago, Roy said:

Cutting Down On Servers
With GFL being rebuilt, we thought it would be best to cut down on game servers that:

1. Don’t generate much traffic.
  2. Don’t generate any donations.

I'm curious to how you guys are going to cut down servers. I know that there are some that can get fairly active during certain time periods but, from about 23:00-10:00 there are only 2-4 people on.

Posted  Edited by Addy · Hidden
Hidden
2 hours ago, DankMoose said:

I'm curious to how you guys are going to cut down servers. I know that there are some that can get fairly active during certain time periods but, from about 23:00-10:00 there are only 2-4 people on.

I'm assuming that aspect is more based on whether or not they generate donations. I doubt they'll need to have populations at odd times. Just my thought, though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

anyways, am glad new forums are up. Do you know how much YouTube I've binge watched the past week or so...

Edited by Addy

maxresdefault.jpg

9qgn1Zn.png

was good knowin you

M E M E S

Spoiler

c8t20uJ.png

NYsFw15.png

pRMNTno.png

iGOJUvA.png

9qgn1Zn.png

F11Vx5A.png

YK0zrGH.png

D I S C O R D

V5BjkfK.png

NHMZswY.png

4M7pOXZ.png

aURPCME.png

XYga1Wn.png

7VakUEv.png

ecErTIf.png

cc1LDBw.png

D E N R O S

giphy.gif

D O N T   F O R G E T   W I L F O R D

SDjQmNz.png

D O N T   F O R G E T   J E R M

9qgn1Zn.png

Spoiler

Former Garry's Mod Jailbreak Manager

Former CS:S Bhop Manager

Former CS:S Dust 2 Manager

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

#BringBackGMODJailbreak

#BringBackJermsquad

#Hacking4CA

Hidden
1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Fresh start with the same management. You've essentially sent the same storm troopers back out again to get the Jedi after they failed the first 10 times....

It seems as though you do not understand the circumstances here. Changes have always been made and are always made. GFL has improved its security, its staff, etc.

It's certainly not the same that has "failed" before.

Snow Owl.jpg

Achievements

Hidden

Your lack of security and piss poor management decisions lead to my confidential information being leaked to the internet. Information I trusted to your website. You have failed and then prance back in here with a half ass apology and pretend it's all going to be okay. The trust is gone dude.