-SL

Worst idea ever?

I can feel the hate coming.  But i think it would be fun to add dust 2 to the lineup and have a comp match.  Wouldn't necessarily have to be a 5v5, just comp with all of our percs ;)

TBH, GFL used to have casual comp server but I don't think it has de_dust2 on it, that's probably why it died,

On topic, this can go with the gamemode thread, since it is fun and all.

I am sure we can do this because ZE did it too.

self +1

PLACE HOLDER

you know what the worst (prob best if taken srsly) idea ever?

Put the plugin zombie mod reloaded into the server along with rpg. (pretending there's no ze_surf_facility_v2_3_p2 and ze_surf_danger_p2), this can actually stop people from using the smgs since the zombies with impulse will just kill the humans easily

to make my idea worse, here is an abrupt ending,

PLACE HOLDER

5 minutes ago, Mad_Father said:

TBH, GFL used to have casual comp server but I don't think it has de_dust2 on it, that's probably why it died,

Casual Competitive does have de_dust2. It's currently in process of going to shut down.

76561198043643390.png

3 minutes ago, Benroyjam said:

Casual Competitive does have de_dust2. It's currently in process of going to shut down.

Maybe if the server is like 24/7 de_dust2 it prob will live longer.

PLACE HOLDER

Honestly, it's not entirely bad. Especially if everyone was high level. Some normal/ordinary maps would actually be quite interesting in my opinion, and would certainly make a change from surfing all the time.

GFL Banner.jpg

Was thinking about bomb timers being an issue.  Would need to increase them to make it fair, and maybe the same goes for defusing.  Just saying though would make for some fun awp battles at mid doors on dust2.

Just now, Party said:

I feel this would be a very refreshing and new cool thing to add +rep  I REALLY WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!!!!

which idea are you referring to?

PLACE HOLDER

Yea but if you have read my other threads we can just do a priv 5v5 with the guys from the forum.

but dust2 with rpg dm, sure I guess why not.

2 minutes ago, Party said:

Too the Dust 2 mini comp game in the server.

PLACE HOLDER

• 3 weeks later...

I completely agree with your idea SL with the 5v5 Comp mini game with our perks it would be a blast and if not doing that I think there should be a !Ws or !knife plugin added it would be fun to use the skins and knifes you want while playing and surfing :)

11 minutes ago, Second said:

I completely agree with your idea SL with the 5v5 Comp mini game with our perks it would be a blast and if not doing that I think there should be a !Ws or !knife plugin added it would be fun to use the skins and knifes you want while playing and surfing :)

wouldn't have to be 5v5, just a normal day with a map switch to any of the active duty/reserve maps.  The knife plugin isn't allowed by valve, so we can't add it.  Other servers may have it currently, but I think GFL is trying to get away from it.

Just now, Second said:

Wouldn't adding the knife plugin and Ws plugin attract more players though? And I'm not sure what you meant by not allowed by valve

It is banned and forbidden by Valve. If we add that plugin in, we(CS:GO Servers) will end up getting banned that instantly. 

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by Mad_Father

TIL blacklisted = banned

no sarchasm

Edit

Source on the ban warning issued by valve to all server operators

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3ci2ov/vitaliy_genkin_has_sent_a_request_to_community/

Edited by Mad_Father

PLACE HOLDER