TheBrownFoxJumps

Suggestion for maps with items

Posted  Edited by TheBrownFoxJumps

I've noticed that on maps like Port Royale or Wanderers' Palace and the likes with items, people with no prior experience of using the items often use it at the wrong timing and cause the team to be killed. This often results in a restriction placed onto them and they are often scolded e.g. 'don't use the item if you don't know how to use them retard ffs'.

Personally, I do not know how to use most items except a couple after seeing how they are used in the maps, however, I do not have the confidence to use them due to the lack of experience. I believe the feeling is mutual with most of the other players who often try to help out by using the weapons.

To curb this situation of players not knowing how to use the items and ultimately causing the team a round (and especially the pure frustration that stems from it), I would like to suggest the implementation of the items at spawn of these maps during the warm-up round. I feel that warm-up rounds most of the time are pointless, seeing that roughly half of the server are still in transition and are loading the map. The implementation of items into warm-up rounds will allow players with no experience to tinker around with them and certainly boost their confidence in using it and limit the amount of screw-ups when it comes to item usage in those specific maps.

Just throwing this out because there are times when the regulars do not hop on and as a result the team often lacks experienced item users.

Do give your thoughts on this, if there are any.

Edited by TheBrownFoxJumps

Usually bhoppers get items and usually bhoppers have basic knowledge about ze. When a new player gets an item for the first time and asks about the right way to use it, people will always help out. But in most cases they just take an item, hold on to it and not communicating in any ways.

9 hours ago, Vauff said:

It doesn't sound like a bad idea, but the placement of items like that is hard coded into the map itself and can't be changed by the server.

5 hours ago, mjong99 said:

I like your idea OP, but as Vauff mentioned, the location of items can't be changed by the server. Inexperienced players just need to ask what their item does before they attempt to use it. 

So that means for a change of this sort to happen, the original mapmaker must create a new update for that particular map?

4 hours ago, Zoom said:

Usually bhoppers get items and usually bhoppers have basic knowledge about ze. When a new player gets an item for the first time and asks about the right way to use it, people will always help out. But in most cases they just take an item, hold on to it and not communicating in any ways.

You are right that people do guide new players who have the items on how to use them, but it seems that those players that you speak of who 'hold onto it' and not communicate in any way do not understand the importance of such items, which is why I believe that the implementation of items into warm-up rounds should be done.

Then yet again, it seems to be impossible at the moment seeing the previous 2 responses.

On 10/30/2016 at 1:34 AM, TheBrownFoxJumps said:

Personally, I do not know how to use most items except a couple after seeing how they are used in the maps, however, I do not have the confidence to use them due to the lack of experience. I believe the feeling is mutual with most of the other players who often try to help out by using the weapons.

Same as u, before being pro. We all are newbie, advance by learning. If u don't have confidence, i can't help much. When u got 1 just keep it and use, copy other player. I have played a lot and met a lot of new player holding an item, but they know what they doing (yes they have confidence) and they ask when to use it. I trust them, for u i think do the same. Take the item, listen to command when to use (we always give command). Just becareful with it, don't die, don't trim and u good to go.

Posted  Edited by Vinz

the best exp for item. let them pick item one try. let them learning what item do. like me when i first try play wandere at lv 4. i always fucked up when i heal. but at second pick i already learn how to use heal. but if you no guranteed lived at boss battle better no pick the item.

Edited by Vinz

I like the sound of this idea. The pressure of item-handling in maps can be intense, and failing/not knowing how to use them will in most cases induce hate towards the player, which creates this situation where people don't want to pick up items because of the risk of failing the team.

Of course you can open the map offline and diddle things for yourself, but i'm pretty sure that the vast majority of players just want to join and play on an actual server with people.

A 1-2 min warmup round with a few copies of the same item(s) spawned would be nice. It'd be a little playground where you can experiment/try things out without any risk.

It could also be nice to include some big sign with clear instructions on how they work/how to use them. So even if you're a zombie or didn't get the chance to pick anything up you can still look things up directly in the map.

I'm gonna give this some thought for my current/future projects, for sure. ;)

11 hours ago, Luffaren said:

It could also be nice to include some big sign with clear instructions on how they work/how to use them. So even if you're a zombie or didn't get the chance to pick anything up you can still look things up directly in the map.

Some new maps include in the entwatch instructions that display on the item holder's screen for every pick up.

It is possible for Delta/Kim to code into the transfer system the ability to bring items that haven't been picked up yet. You just need to gain access to the name of the item in the map's code. That way they could transfer some items into the "warmup round".

But for now, like Luffy said, download the map and practice using the items offline. Look up instructions about playing offline and basic console codes to help you do so.

Posted  Edited by Crusty

Basically, I don't eban people for misusing a item. That's complete bullshit if that happens. If they troll with the item, this is when eban comes into play. If a player misuses a item, I normally ask another player if I can etransfer it to them. I don't go full Nazi on the player for misusing a item. Like Luffaren said, hit up offline mode, play around with the map and the items, then come test your ability in the server, if you fuck up, who gives a shit, it's just a game. A player should never be scared to pick up a item just because of what anyone says to them in-game.

Edited by Crusty

etLqFFt.gif

Achievements