Lemon

Extraterrestrial life?

Extraterrestrial Life

Something we have little, to no knowledge about. It's so naive to think that we, the inhabitants of earth, are the only living creatures of this solar system, this galaxy, this universe as a whole. Whether there are, or aren't other living beings within our solar system, are there even further out? Could other life be right outside of our reach? What about the seen, but not yet explored planets, and moons within our solar system? What are your thoughts on moons such as Europa, orbiting Jupiter? Or planets outside of our solar system such as Kepler-22B. These planets could very well sustain us, and other life that has not yet been discovered. I most definitely believe that there is other life waiting for us to find it, what about you?

It might depend on what you class as "life". The circumstances required for eukaryotic life are extremely specific, which means that one should not scoff at the notion that humans are the sole form of intelligent life in the universe. Keep in mind that whilst our universe is (seemingly) infinitely expanding, it is not necessarily a state of infinity within itself. In the event that the universe is a static state of infinity, then logic would dictate that not only would there be intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, but also life that would resemble humanity in almost every faucet of possibility; the same Earth, Sun, moon, languages, cultural history, etc.

The answer for prokaryotic life is not nearly as complex due to such life being able to rise from extreme conditions, most likely even when such conditions are considered "extreme" in cosmic proportions. It's a safe bet that prokaryotic life does exist somewhere in the universe, if not even within our own galaxy.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

I believe that there is other life out there and if we play the odds I'd be more than willing to say that there is intelligent life out there i mean to think that we inherently are alone in the universe seem simple minded to me but I'm sure one could come up with an argument for that.

The Legendary DeathTheKid

#Areyoutryingtoassumeifimaweaponoramister

th.jpg

5 minutes ago, DeathTheKid said:

I believe that there is other life out there and if we play the odds I'd be more than willing to say that there is intelligent life out there i mean to think that we inherently are alone in the universe seem simple minded to me but I'm sure one could come up with an argument for that.

Exactly my thinking... If we were created alongside everything else we've come to see and know, who's to say there isn't any other intelligent life that was created alongside us?

There is another life form out there. It would be basically impossible for earth life to be the only type of life out there. The probability that the new found life would even be close to how human life is would be extremely low. There are more life forms than cell life as hard is it may be to understand. There is also different types of cell life instead of just Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic cell types there may be infinitely more types. Humans just need to open their minds that there is more than just what we define as life that will be living. That being said, we have yet to find similar types of life to earth life but we may be looking at different types of life every day and just not noticing it. This is just the way I see it, my own opinion, whether it is right or wrong we will see in the upcoming years.

19 hours ago, moca24 said:

Two words infinite universes

Yeah, I have read about that theory before. It seems just as plausible as it doesn't. I don't think I believe in that there may be another universe where I didn't have eggs for breakfast, or where I wore jeans to school rather than sweatpants. I'm no scientist, but I just don't think there are going to be infinite other mes, in infinite other universes.

7 hours ago, Lemon said:

Yeah, I have read about that theory before. It seems just as plausible as it doesn't. I don't think I believe in that there may be another universe where I didn't have eggs for breakfast, or where I wore jeans to school rather than sweatpants. I'm no scientist, but I just don't think there are going to be infinite other mes, in infinite other universes.

Ever seen rick and morty

HiVisit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

Image result for fox gif                       Image result for fox gif                 Image result for fox gif swarm

Posted  Edited by Lemon
6 hours ago, moca24 said:

Ever seen rick and morty

No, I haven't. Is the show any good? I mean, worth watching?

Edited by Lemon

To think that we are the only form of life is completely preposterous. To me, the reason we haven't seen other life is because we aren't worthy enough. We still use our planets fuels to power our way of life.

Furthermore, I also believe that we are the universe that's trying to understand/figure out itself, because when you truly try to think about the beginning of time your mind goes blank. The universe could be undergoing it's 4th or 5th singularity. 

Most likely there are intelligent life out there, but we probably won't meet them soon due our limited technologies, and I hope we don't tbh..

What makes me more curious are beings that could be multidimensional, beings that can see us and move from dimension to dimension, without us being able to see. 

02-416x277.jpg

I generally find it to be nearly impossible that there's a whole universe out there and there's no other sort of intelligent, sentient life out there.

That being said, what if we DO happen to observe or contact these other life forms? How would we communicate? What would they perceive as hostile, or curious?

Something we have to bear in mind is that humanity at large has a general sort of outlook and inclinations to certain stimuli in certain fashions. Completely alien species may have completely different outlooks, mentalities, base instincts, etc. It would be preposterous to assume that all sentient species have like-minds. THIS being said, who's to say that they even have a level of intelligence that can come even close to ours? Suppose that these life forms have intelligence lesser than that of prehistoric man, or even greater than our greatest minds?

There's a lot of questions to ask, but ultimately, we don't have the means to carry out expeditions in search of other life forms, and quite frankly, I don't think we're going to necessarily like what we find. We may well open a can of worms if we find the wrong things out there.

Either that or we can find a veritable treasure. There's really too many variables to make a general statement about it.

Of course, there are other forms of life out there; the Universe is, quite literally infinite, so with infinite space to roam, a near-infinite source of planets, galaxies and star systems, there will undoubtedly be bodies of water, sources of nourishment, which will undoubtedly lead to other species' existence.

Aufstand