Many of you have probably noticed the introduction of a couple of ranks, noticeably: Moderation, Event Management, and Public Relations. Essentially, these are the result of the council being split up into separate teams with a former council member as their leader (These former council members have the same level of access as the council did). We hope that this new structure will allow more people to get involved with the administration of the community as a whole and will address issues that we previously had with the council rank itself.
The following teams were created as a result of the split:
- Moderates the GFL Discord, TS3 Server, and Forums
- Assists in the selection of new moderators
- Application: https://gflclan.com/forms/6-moderation-application/
- Currently lead by @Ben Roy
- Helps maintain good relations between GFL and its community
- Advertises GFL in a respectful manner (i.e. not getting on other servers and spamming ‘JOIN GFL!’)
- Assists managers in making sure that bans are consistent with community policy.
- Application: https://gflclan.com/forms/13-public-relations-application/
- Lead by @Unknown
- Involved in the planning and execution community events, as well as reaching out to other communities for event related purposes.
- Assists managers in putting on events for their server.
- Application: https://gflclan.com/forms/12-event-management-application/
- Lead by @Pyros (Might be reassigned to somewhere else, tbd)
Currently, none of the new teams have strict requirements with the exception of Moderation (due to its nature).
PFAQ (Probably Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: Why was I/[INSERT FORMER MODS NAME HERE] removed from TS3 Admin/ Discord Moderator?
A: Due to the expansion of the role to include all platforms, trusted did a vote on all current communications staff. If >= 50% voted Yes, the staff member was retained, but if they didn’t get enough yes votes, then they were removed from the position. If you were removed from the position, you are free to re-apply at any time using the link above.
Q: What happened to Crusty and Flyingjoe?
A: Crusty is now the manager of the upcoming Arma 3 server and flyingjoe is now overseeing the media team alongside SadBandit (who is still the primary leader).
That's all for now <3