Jump to content
  • Community Representative Elections for April 2021 - Voting


    Hello!

     

    The community representative applicants have completed their campaign posts, which means that we can begin voting! While council gave the OK for all 10 applicants, unfortunately, 3 of them decided to drop out due to various reasons, such as school, personal issues, etc. Voting will last for two weeks (until May 8th) and we hope to get the new CRs in council on that same day.

     

    These are the rules to vote.

     

    • You must be a Member or above
    • Your account must be at least 2 months old.
    • You may cast 2 votes. Each vote must go to a different person.
    • Once you have cast a vote, you cannot remove the vote and recast it for a different person.
    • If you're a candidate you may vote (even for yourself), but please remember to act with integrity throughout the process.

     
     

    You can vote here.
     
    Thank you and good luck to all! :furretlove:


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    8 hours ago, Joshy said:

    I agree.  I wish more from non-staff ish positions, but I'll admit there are a lot of good candidates too.  Good luck!

    Goodluck with that happening lol.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, Joshy said:

    I agree.  I wish more from non-staff ish positions, but I'll admit there are a lot of good candidates too.  Good luck!

    Can't speak for other Council members, but I unfortunately had no DMs of anyone that was under SMs asking for sponsor. Which is sad 😞

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Good luck to everyone who is running this time around. Unfortunately I'm not able to make the time commitment at this time of the year, in case anyone was wondering. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    For those complaining about no members being a part of the voting process -- I, much like Pyros had no non-staff members ask me for a sponsor. All in all, I think it's a shame we didn't have more people showing an interest in this role, but there's not a lot that can ultimately be done about it. :ostrich: There's always another vote in 6 months. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Just a reminder that it's possible that not all people who sought sponsors got one.  This could be striking a very sensitive topic, but I think we can be civil about it.

    Edited by Joshy
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Joshy said:

    Just a reminder that it's possible that not all people who sought sponsors got one.  This could be striking a very sensitive topic, but I think we can be civil about it.

     

     

    7 hours ago, FrenZy said:

    I, much like Pyros had no non-staff members ask me for a sponsor.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    13 hours ago, Dragoon said:

    You know, you're a Member.

    I did actually ask a certain council member for a sponsor and asked them if it was a good idea if I should run. 

    Their response to my question about me running "I encourage everyone to run" 

    Then when I asked for a sponsor "I do not feel comfortable sponsoring you at this time"

     

    At that point, I didn't even bother to ask anyone else.

    Edited by TheJitFace
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    7 hours ago, TheJitFace said:

    At that point, I didn't even bother to ask anyone else.

    I apologize. It was meant to be a lighthearted joke in the moment in order to stray away from the semi-serious discussion that was occurring beforehand.

    Edited by Dragoon
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    30 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

    I apologize. It was meant to be a lighthearted joke in the moment in order to stray away from the semi-serious discussion that was occurring beforehand.

     

    Nah bro you good, I'm not some salty loser lol.

    I was just upset by that situation because how are you going to encourage someone to apply and then refuse to sponsor them, you know? 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Maybe the voting hasn't progress far enough, that we can ask @Pyros or @FrenZy if maybe a very special one time exception can be made for a late addition??  It would be a really good gesture in my opinion, but I'm not sure how far along voting is and certainly their statements here aren't a promise to sponsor just anyone who asks.  If you're still interested I think it's worth a shot sending them a PM especially after it looks like a few candidates have withdrawn.  (edit) I don't know if they can make the exception or if they're willing to do that (I wouldn't want to suggest anything false or not possible).  I'm trying to be creative, but maybe we have some lessons learned for the next round.

     

    Maybe they can use Staff feedback thread in the future to privately enter their name in as an interested candidate for CR, then the Council will have access to a pool of candidate they can signoff on as sponsors (much like looking at applications or appeals elsewhere).  I could totally see how DMing 4-5 people might be discouraging after the first one is less responsive, and I feel like for some people who have been around for a really long time I remember something odd at one point like we couldn't even DM division leaders and above (or something odd like that happened to me once or twice).

    Edited by Joshy
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    11 hours ago, Joshy said:

    a very special one time exception can be made for a late addition??

    This is tricky. Creating exceptions for one person would be negative in the long run (imo). Other people in other elections might also ask for exceptions, what justification can be used that would allow us to create a special one time exception now that won't create room for people to also ask for exceptions to future Council members?

     

    11 hours ago, Joshy said:

    but I'm not sure how far along voting is and certainly their statements here aren't a promise to sponsor just anyone who asks

    Seeing as CRs have a major say in how GFL is ran, sponsoring anyone just for the sake of sponsoring is bad. The same way as how Admins won't sponsor everyone that ask for sponsors.

     

    11 hours ago, Joshy said:

    I remember something odd at one point like we couldn't even DM division leaders and above (or something odd like that happened to me once or twice).

    Some roles had some odd settings. In some roles for example old Member Acceptor, you couldn't be blocked.

     

    11 hours ago, Joshy said:

    Maybe they can use Staff feedback thread in the future to privately enter their name in as an interested candidate for CR, then the Council will have access to a pool of candidate they can signoff on as sponsors

    Anyone that is SM+ can see Staff feedback sub-forum, this would kinda of defeat the idea to privately enter.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Might be too late.  Was just trying to be creative since one person is saying they tried to enter and had some barriers.  I suppose saying no to everything also works, but we can keep in mind for future maybe 🙂 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...