DUSTY

GFL Zero Nominations Day 2017

Good idea, and i think we should have the points / play hrs to nominate the map too.

eg, if you play 1 hr straight you can nominate the map something like that if less than that you can't.

And if you play long enough like 3 hrs up or 2 maybe you can nominate those try hard maps (Santa, Gris ,etc)

I dont know just my idea. :S

19 minutes ago, NARAKA said:

Good idea, and i think we should have the points / play hrs to nominate the map too.

eg, if you play 1 hr straight you can nominate the map something like that if less than that you can't.

And if you play long enough like 3 hrs up or 2 maybe you can nominate those try hard maps (Santa, Gris ,etc)

I dont know just my idea. :S

Nah, they gonna afk in the server and to the nominate think like they used to do.

Posted  Edited by Vinz

well in pse or EOS we can;t nominate . in PSE we can;t nominate map like gris or wandere to prevent overplayed map so people will never nominate too hope get that map. EOS we can;t nominate all map so always random. well sometime will bad idea if we limit nominate  but sometime will good for free nominate all map.

Edited by Vinz

First... lets no drag icecap through the mud, its a classic and the best map ever.

Second... this is an amazing idea, we played kraznov yesterday and i had played it once maybe twice ever and it was awesome. Theres also a few other maps that are just mayham that would be fun to play but just never get voted over the usual.

Something like this should be done regularly not just a 1 time thing

I think admin should be the only players that are allowed to nominate any number of maps to the maximum number allowed, regardless if they're an admin of Tier 1, 2, 3, or Server Manager and above. Otherwise if no admin are on, then the maps should be entirely random for the reasons Dusty stated above.

23 minutes ago, CrusTi said:

Isn't there a cool down for recently played maps already? Just make the cool down a whole lot longer

The cooldown in between maps is fine as it is, the main issue, is that the server will randomly crash on map change. Once the server crashes, all the maps are up for nomination again.

m8YD3waBSPCsYzvwLDcj_donald%20trump%20el

9 hours ago, Obamaite said:

I think admin should be the only players that are allowed to nominate any number of maps to the maximum number allowed, regardless if they're an admin of Tier 1, 2, 3, or Server Manager and above. Otherwise if no admin are on, then the maps should be entirely random for the reasons Dusty stated above.

Then we are gonna have sorrento, icecap, greencity, mako, gris 24/7

It's nice to see all the support for this idea. I thought asking for a day would be a stretch but from what I gather, people wouldn't mind seeing it go altogether... at least for a little bit. I bet most wouldn't even notice that it's gone.

@NARAKA - DarkHeroz basically hit the nail on the head. People would just afk until they could nominate. That and the server is sort of flawed where it kicks you at the start for slot reservation or some other bug where the map doesn't load right and then you're back at 0.

@Vinz - Google translate couldn't even figure what you just said. kek

@PB-n-J - Baby steps. But hearing the response from others it would not be the worst idea. You should see your way back into the admin team so we have an inside man to sway the decision making.

@CrusTi - It does crash like Wilford said, and even the cooldown doesn't seem to help anymore. It's like the maps are on a 3 hour loop and increasing the cooldown would only add a few more maps to that repetitive loop.

@Trexller - I think I'm the one who recommended it as default map when it was Frostdrake for a while. :kappa:

@Obamaite - Admin nominations is a good idea. That way if we are actually Santa ready we can ask them to nominate it. Although, the admins are just as capable of trolling the nominations as anyone else. :lenny:

@Fidler_2k - I did this just so we could add a little variety to your screenshot collection.

7 hours ago, DUSTY said:

It's nice to see all the support for this idea. I thought asking for a day would be a stretch but from what I gather, people wouldn't mind seeing it go altogether... at least for a little bit. I bet most wouldn't even notice that it's gone.

@NARAKA - DarkHeroz basically hit the nail on the head. People would just afk until they could nominate. 

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't let people afk until they could nominate.   As A fellow Nazi (Sieg Heil), I kick players that are afk rather quick, quicker then most. Perhaps I misunderstood your point.  All in all, I'm for this idea, the real question is, how often? Would you like me to setup a poll with options?

m8YD3waBSPCsYzvwLDcj_donald%20trump%20el

2 minutes ago, Wilford_brimleyy said:

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't let people afk until they could nominate.   As A fellow Nazi, I kick players that are afk rather quick, quicker then most. Perhaps I misunderstood your point.  All in all, I'm for this idea, the real question is, how often? Would you like me to setup a poll with options?

Do it. If it passes it will improve this server a lot

30 minutes ago, Wilford_brimleyy said:

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't let people afk until they could nominate.   As A fellow Nazi (Sieg Heil), I kick players that are afk rather quick, quicker then most. Perhaps I misunderstood your point.  All in all, I'm for this idea, the real question is, how often? Would you like me to setup a poll with options?

What happened to the AFK manager? If it isn't a complete drag on the server, could probably re-institute it, then adjust for the time of being AFK/Spec. I'd say something around 3 minutes, give or take. No more than 5, though.

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png

Posted  Edited by kikofly

not a bad idea. i woulve prefered a random map every 5 maps weve been too. just so were not stuck with 5 tryhard maps in a row or sumthing.

but do keep in mind someone would need to make a plugin of this(or if it exist already). and don't expect an SM would manually set it every time.

Edited by kikofly

On 1/10/2017 at 7:58 AM, PB-n-J said:

What happened to the AFK manager? If it isn't a complete drag on the server, could probably re-institute it, then adjust for the time of being AFK/Spec. I'd say something around 3 minutes, give or take. No more than 5, though.

Lol I remember one time I fell asleep playing GFL ZE and I woke up like 2-3 hours later still there just chilling in spec