Rcool64

Northwestern Grad Student suing Evanston Police

You would think that the city of Evanston, home to Northwestern University, lives many well-educated people, but, boy, was I wrong. The student was entering his car and a woman calls the police because she thought he was trying to break into one. The police then confronted him and he peacefully walked out with his hands up. Then, for no fucking reason, officers tackle him to the ground and beat him to make sure he didn't steal the car. When they verified that the car was his. instead of apologizing, they said "You're lucky we didn't shoot you, motherfucker." Kinda fucked up that this happened about 12 minutes away from me.

76561198088916523.png

Posted  Edited by Ghost_Assassin

If you get pulled over by police, you don't open your door and walk out.

The police responded to a report of a stolen car and it turns out to be a mistake. The student should not of gotten out of his car without being ordered to do so.

In general, if you get pulled over by police, do you get out of your car after you get pulled over? No, that's how you escalate the situation or get shot.

Edited by Ghost_Assassin

spacer.png

The cops remind me of TTT, trigger happy.

Anyways, I believe this is like the many reasons why I think cops are lacking brains or mental knowledge.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

21 hours ago, Ghost_Assassin said:

If you get pulled over by police, you don't open your door and walk out.

The police responded to a report of a stolen car and it turns out to be a mistake. The student should not of gotten out of his car without being ordered to do so.

In general, if you get pulled over by police, do you get out of your car after you get pulled over? No, that's how you escalate the situation or get shot.

You do have a good point about the procedure on getting pulled over. I see this done incorrectly so many times on the news. However, it WAS kinda unjustified for the police to break not one but TWO amendments and saying "that doesn't apply here" and not even apologizing. But in general, the student could have cooperated a little more with the police to have a more positive outcome. Policemen were still idiots though...

On 1/16/2017 at 6:37 PM, Major_Push said:

Man, we really need to fix a lot of things in the U.S.

Hopefully the student wins the lawsuit.

Oh he's definitely going to win the lawsuit. The funny thing is the policemen said that the whole process was on video before beginning the search, then they seem to completely forget that and make so much evidence used against them. And considering that this is a NORTHWESTERN GRADUATE, he's going to be able to back himself up with or without a lawyer.

76561198088916523.png

Okay, I'm moving away from U.S. Anyone want to fund me so I can attempt to move to the UK? I hate those type of officers.

76561198043643390.png

This is an instance where police here did overreact and were in general asshats. A trigger for them was that he turned around possibly to comply with "getting on the ground" on his own slowly but was jumped anyway.

Still, not all police officers are like this. Being in the force or the military is a hard thing no doubt. In a split second a situation can go from bad to worse either way. That kind of anxiety, especially given the constant divisive brainwashing news nowadays and runaway violence, makes situations like this more likely. It comes as no surprise when you have the most violent city next door reactionary shit like this happens. It also came as no surprise when the Justice Dept. rips on CPD and told them they used excessive and deadly force.

US Dept. of Justice overview report on Chicago PD

Another thing that needs to be addressed is lack of standards vs. lack of volunteers. Everyone knows police and military life is tough but very few people enter those organizations with the right mindset. In the military, I've seen people who "wants to kill as many sand niggers as possible" to "I want to be a hero" to "I want to enrich my life (w/ combat experience)". All of which are poor excuses for executing a good job as an authority figure. The ones you want as an authority figure with a gun should be a person that understands what they are getting into, that they have a duty to not fuck around, and how they affect everyone around them. Sadly these people are few and far between. Hence the shortage and hence the standards go lower for more volunteers. Anyways admins and managers anywhere would know what I'm talking about.

About bringing the military into this I don't condone militarizing our police but I'm saying that cause nowadays that can be used as a flawed prerequisite or "a plus" on a listing for entering the force. Military teaches you to kill. They also teach you to be a professional about it yes but still it doesn't matter if you're a sociopath or a saint. Your job is to kill when ordered to or when the situation presents itself. By the end of it all there will be some fucked up behavioral problems to sort out and never fully treatment instantly. That by no means is to say that we should dishonor any of our military members. Truth be told if it weren't for them volunteering and serving, you would be via the draft.

Then there is of course crime itself in the neighboring city of Chicago. The only solution at this point is ironically to send these asshats to fight gang asshats. Even that has its own problems as good people can live in bad neighborhoods (financial reasons and affordable housing ofc) but are so afraid to call the cops cause cops either absent-mindedly or out of flawed protocol will knock on your door. That there is a death sentence to your tipster with so many eyes watching. I doubt these idiots will ever consider that and be a contributing cause to their tipster's death.

TL;DR: I don't excuse these officers but at the same time don't think all officers are like this. I agree w/ Push, this country's structure and system needs a good fixing. There are officers like this and outside forces like crime and even media (I reserve media as a tangent but still interrelated) that are not being addressed properly.

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

10/10 report i will so call cops for some 1 getting in a car lmfo

.eJwVzEEOhCAMAMC_8ABaC0L0NwQJkogltJ42-_ddM_f5mGdeZjen6pAd4GiSeR5WlGeqxVbmepU0mtjMHZJqymcvtwrQhs6vHqMPjrYXOES3hCWsRIjR-UjQ-r8RO-5qvj_gJCIu.t46Loz1YH4dqwtzyP7UxuKymbe4Capture.PNG.4c9bc5dbf21f8a1679c5bd711f1f064e.PNG

Former Manager On Hide and Seek

Former Admin  on prop hunt

Former trail admin on breach 

Northwestern is about 10-12 minutes from my house this is only somewhat surprising though. The last time I got pulled over they brought a k9 unit and force searched my car even though I do not have a history. Not all cops are like that though seems that this one jumped the gun.