ScootypTooty

Moose's Admin Application

Name: 

Moose 

Steam ID: 

STEAM_0:0:79230152

Play-time:  

128.78 (Under AuRuM, Moose, Ravioli in my Pockitolli, Jesus Dibble and [GFL] Moose) <--- AuRuM isn't on my profile anymore, it's Aurum.

Admin Sponsor:

@Darkling 

Why Do You Want To Become Admin?: 

I would like to become admin because I enjoy the JB community and I enjoy playing on the server. I also would like to help the admin team, I also find myself online where the are no admins and there are players who do not understand the rules, and freekill or break rules. I would like to able to help them and if need be, swap them or do the correct follow up. I think it would be a fun experience and I think it would be fun to join the team ^_^. I just want to help the server and make sure people learn the rules and learn how to play JB, as It's a really fun gamemode that everyone should be able to enjoy.

Why Should We Accept You?: 

I think I should be accepted on the basis that I can help monitor hours where there are a fewer amount of players. I also have experience monitoring servers, I was a Server Manager for a TF2 server for a while until school caught up to me. I am also mature, I enjoy helping other people; helping them learn rules and learn how to play JB and other games. I am familiar with most of the Staff, I have been on Ts3 quite a lot, talking to admins/fellow JB players. I have a fairly good understanding of rules. I am good at implementing the rules to players. I think I can be a good representative of our community on the server. Over the past few months, I have added 50+hrs to my Play-time. I will enjoy increasing this number. I will continue to be very active and enjoy the server and playing with my friends :D.

Extra Information:

I am living in the Netherlands. You can find me on TS, you can hit me up on Steam ( http://steamcommunity/id/iNao ), I have discord. I also have overwatch, though I'm not very good at it xD (DankMoose #2539). I have skype. I am well acquainted with GFL as a whole. I know players from different Divisions. When I first joined ts, I ended up meeting a great group of players from across GFL. We would play Pictionary from time to time, which was really fun ^_^. I'm Canadian, hence I'm a Moose. Just under 1/4 of my CSGO play-time is JB XD. I made an informal player report to @King_Wailord, giving him links to screenshots of people being cancerous and genuinely ruining the server. I didn't understand how to formally report players, so I sent screenshots directly to him.

Thank you for spending your time to read my application. 

-Moose

Posted  Edited by Swishizzo

TBH, i think im gonna -1 this app, mostly for the fact that you don't really do anything beneficial in the jb. All you reallly do is just join the toxic people. I will change my decision when i see improvement.

Edited by Swishizzo

Posted  Edited by Leks
40 minutes ago, Swishizzo said:

TBH, i think im gonna -1 this app, mostly for the fact that you don't really do anything beneficial in the jb server unless its toxic. I will change my decision when i see improvement.

waaaaaait so you're saying that toxicity is beneficial to the server? 

:/

#confused

More on topic:

I see you're a server admin. What server are you admin on?

Edited by Leks

yeah.gif

16 minutes ago, Leks said:

waaaaaait so you're saying that toxicity is beneficial to the server? 

:/

#confused

More on topic:

I see you're a server admin. What server are you admin on?

I'm not admin for here, just wanted to answer your quick question

2813ca58cb20090283ac44a51b640fcb.png

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

Posted  Edited by iPro

Thank you @Moose for your interest in becoming an admin.

I am going to currently say neutral

Pros

Admin on another server

Active in Teamspeak

Decent Hours

Ex Server Manager

Cons

Needs to learn rules a bit more

Doesn't always talk

Does not know how to make player reports

Lack of player reports

Things to Work On

Activity

Player Reports

Maturity 

Edited by iPro

+1 confirming my sponsor.

I'm concerned by some of the responses I have seen up to now. 

Could everyone make sure they are commenting about the right player as I, and many other players from GFL in general can not remember ANY toxic behavior from Moose.

He is a very well mannered player who did not use his microphone as much in the early days. Although for a while now you have been using your mic and joining CT.

You know the rules very well.

You send me reports when needed and also send reports to @King_Wailord

He is already an Admin on TF2 and shows that he can bring some of his skills.

He clearly knows how to handle players as I have seen him helping out some of the newer players. taking the round a little slower to accommodate players who may not understand as much.

Moose however does not come online late at night (American time) as he is from Netherlands. Which is why some of you may not have the right opinion of this player!!!

(He leaves normally by about 11pm GMT)

Hours - Our minimum requirement is 50 hours. He has more than double than our lowest point that they pass our requirements.

Effort into admin app - He has put a decent effort into his application in comparison to most our recent applicants.

Clean record of Bans/Mutes - https://sourcebans.gflclan.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0%3A0%3A79230152&Submit=Search He has 4 mutes from his server of which aren't issues...

Have good relationship with admins - I feel he has a very good relationship with our admins and also many of GFL's higher ups! Obviously some admins however have disagreed with this...

Can communicate well with other admins and players without losing temper - He used to be Server Manager of a TF2 server... Demonstrating that he can handle a team of Admins/players easily.

Not complaining constantly about being free killed - Never heard you complain at all!

Understand rules well - I believe he understands the rules well.

Being mature - He used to manage a server / is still admin on that server / demonstrates he is mature on our server.

Use TS3 to communicate with players/admin team - He is always on teamspeak chatting to a few of us!

All in all I believe he will make a great addition to the server! 

The only improvement that can be made is to make more actual player reports which I will help you with if needed. (Whether you post a report of an issue which has been dealt with and label it as dealt with already. I personally would rather you do that and demonstrated that you understand how to make an actual player report)

Even though I know that you will have experience dealing with issues as a Admin already and a previous server manager.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Moose
7 hours ago, Swishizzo said:

TBH, i think im gonna -1 this app, mostly for the fact that you don't really do anything beneficial in the jb. All you reallly do is just join the toxic people. I will change my decision when i see improvement.

Thank you for the constructive criticism. Could you mention a scenario? It will help me improve and learn.

Edited by Moose

Posted  Edited by Moose
5 hours ago, iPro said:

Thank you @Moose for your interest in becoming an admin.

I am going to currently say neutral

Pros

Admin on another server

Active in Teamspeak

Decent Hours

Ex Server Manager

Cons

Needs to learn rules a bit more

Doesn't always talk

Does not know how to make player reports

Lack of player reports

Things to Work On

Activity

Player Reports

Maturity 

Thank you for the feedback.

I understand that player reports are a good demonstration of someone's understanding of the rules. Recently I haven't needed to make a player report as most issues are sorted out:

- The player understands what they did wrong, tried not to do it again.

-They get appropriately punished, after a warning.

I am still trying to memorise the rules. I know most, but there are just a few odd ones that catch me out.

For my microphone, that is something in which I can easily improve/fix.

Edited by Moose

Posted  Edited by Worgee

I would say the same as iPro on this one. You have some skills from other servers and are known by admins but you are lacking a bit with the rules and player reports.

Changed my opinion since I do not feel like you have an opinion on/towards the server. This is both on how to improve the server and to what happens on/in the server.

Threfore i have to give you a neutral

Edited by Worgee

Nerd

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Moose
8 minutes ago, Worgee said:

I would say the same as iPro on this one. You have some skills from other servers and are known by admins but you are lacking a bit with the rules and player reports.

Therefore my answer will be neutral, leaning towards a +1

Thank you, Worgee.

As I said with iPro's post, I'm going to continue working on my understanding of the rules.

Edited by Moose

Posted  Edited by bballallan

Neutral until i see you play ct more often and take warden, just want to see all types of play methods =)

Good luck on the rest of your app.

@Darkling Although he fits the admin requirement list, that is bare min those are regulations to stop a influx of unfit admin applications

Edited by bballallan

9 minutes ago, bballallan said:

Neutral until i see you play ct more often and take warden, just want to see all types of play methods =)

@Darkling Although he fits the admin requirement list, that is bare min those are regulations to stop a influx of unfit admin applications

I was merely pointing out that he fits the requirements and showing that he has exceeded what we have asked for in the points I have made...

Achievements

9 hours ago, bballallan said:

Ok, thank you for the feedback!

On a side note, I am away this weekend so I won't be able to play. I'm going on a camp xd. 

going Neutral cause of the fact that I see you online form time to time (only a short amount of time) then you're off to hecks knows :P

So thinks to improve on:
Be more active on the server
Be more active with your mic
Be Ct more

Posted  Edited by Moose
19 hours ago, KeeD said:

going Neutral cause of the fact that I see you online form time to time (only a short amount of time) then you're off to hecks knows :P

So thinks to improve on:
Be more active on the server
Be more active with your mic
Be Ct more

Thank you for replying.

Yeah, maybe it's time zones, or just bad timing, but I barely seem to run into you xD.

I once again, understand Mic issues.I tend to go ct on weekends where I am more Mic active.

On 29/01/2017 at 11:36 AM, Worgee said:

Changed my opinion since I do not feel like you have an opinion on/towards the server. This is both on how to improve the server and to what happens on/in the server.

Your recent activity is decreasing alot in server and on the forums. Threfore i have to give you a neutral towards -1

My recent decreasement in activity is due to tests. I've had 2 French tests, Biology and now Physics on Friday along with Math on Tuesday. My activity has been decreasing due to this. I will hopefully pick it back up again the following week.

I have a greater understanding of the rules, I just haven't had to make a player report because I feel like the offenders seem to learn from what they did as the people online (and myself) explain what They have done wrong so they can fix and improve. Then again, my recent inactivity could be a reason why you haven't seen a player report. 

Edited by Moose

Posted  Edited by Moose

I'm just going to point out I will have fluctuations of activity due to my GCSEs. I'm not actually doing them yet, but I've started the 2 year course. Our school likes to do a test for my subjects once per (sometimes half term as well, depends on subject) term to make sure everyone is up to date and to practice answering questions. They try to either make it like the GCSEs or make them a little harder so it's easier when it comes to the real things. I believe I will be doing my MOCKs soon as well (Official practice GCSE). Most of my spare time will be devoted to CSGO and JB. 

The fluctuations will be around this week-2 week period at the end of the term. Buuut as soon as the term is over it's holidays :D

Edited by Moose

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017 at 0:36 PM, Worgee said:

Threfore i have to give you a neutral

Thanks for the change. I will continue improving as a ct & increasing  my activity.

Neutral +1

Pros:

Experience on server

Experience as admin

Knows rules

pretty good CT

Things to work on:

More time

Make more of a presence on the server

Honestly, I think you're alright, you just need to be on more, which I have noticed. and make yourself known to the players <3

santavoc.png

some say poopoo

i say peepee

STEAM PROFILE

Posted  Edited by Moose
2 hours ago, Ahsim said:

Neutral +1

Pros:

Experience on server

Experience as admin

Knows rules

pretty good CT

Things to work on:

More time

Make more of a presence on the server

Honestly, I think you're alright, you just need to be on more, which I have noticed. and make yourself known to the players <3

I am constantly working on my activity, but please just note that I've had a holiday the past week so I've been on more than i would normally because of school work etc...

Thank you for the feedback :D

Edited by Moose