Sephnessed

Favorite Pokemon

What's your favorite Pokemon and what's the reason behind it?

My favorite Pokemon for the longest time has been Gardevoir

(To be specific, a shiny mega Gardevoir)

latest?cb=20151222014029

When I was little, the game I played more than anything was Pokemon Emerald. So the gen 3 games and Pokemon have always been my favorite. And when I played it when I was little, I had a Gardevoir on my team that destroyed almost everything in my way. It helped me through the game and helped me beat the Elite 4. I came into battle Phoebe at a disadvantage, but with my moveset Psychic, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Shadow Ball (Dont judge me I was little), I was able to destroy her. But with this moveset, I had an extreme advantage to dark types and my Gardevoir barely ever beat them. But then came gen 6. As many of you know in gen 6, the fairy type was added, and with it several pokemon from previous generations were given the brand new fairy type. This included Gardevoir. The fairy type is not only super effective against dark types, but it also resists it. So now as of gen 6, Gardevoir takes neutral damage from dark types and hits back with super effective attacks. It felt good to be able to get my revenge on those pesky dark types from my childhood. AND to make things even better, Gardevoir also received a mega evolution in XY. I just love its design, especially its shiny one. It's very strong but also elegant at the same time. I have used Gardevoir in my playthoughs with every game it is available in, and I will continue to do so with each new game ::D:

I'm not a huge pokemon player, but I like pokemon. I play it, but I'm not well informed on it if you get what I mean. 

Anyways, my favorite pokemon would be Espurr.

Why?

BECAUSE IT'S A CAT AND IT'S SO DAMN CUTE!

Yeah, I really like cute pokemon. Don't worry, I don't choose pokemon in game just because they're cute. I try to choose ones that will help me advance in the game, but I still like the cute ones. :)

Posted  Edited by Twig
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Zapatos

Zapdos.

Zapatos means shoes. :lenny:

Edited by Twig

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

My favorite pokemon is probably Beedrill.
I used to help run a pokemon fan-based-and-ran battles community on Whirled.com
And I was the Bug-Type gym leader for this community.
I only ever lost once.
But, Beedrill was my favorite for the multitude of attacks and buff/de-buff options it had.

That, and I'm a genwunner. Yea. Crucify me. :Shades:

I always loved the classics, but Zigzagoon was freakin' awesome in game.

250px-263Zigzagoon.png

I would just capture an entire load of these guys and they had a special effect: They would pick up items as you walked throughout the game.  You could just capture as many as you could carry and walk around as they picked up items.  Although rare candy was "rare", carrying 5 of these guys would increase your odds by 5x, and we would pick up a bunch in a short period of time.  My twin and I used this as a way to have Level 100 Pokemon legitimately in a matter of days...  and we wouldn't even have to make it to the first gym battle before achieving this.

Play smart.  You can do it in game; you can definitely do it out-of-game.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

21 minutes ago, Joshy said:

I always loved the classics, but Zigzagoon was freakin' awesome in game.

250px-263Zigzagoon.png

I would just capture an entire load of these guys and they had a special effect: They would pick up items as you walked throughout the game.  You could just capture as many as you could carry and walk around as they picked up items.  Although rare candy was "rare", carrying 5 of these guys would increase your odds by 5x, and we would pick up a bunch in a short period of time.  My twin and I used this as a way to have Level 100 Pokemon legitimately in a matter of days...  and we wouldn't even have to make it to the first gym battle before achieving this.

Play smart.  You can do it in game; you can definitely do it out-of-game.

The higher level a Pokemon with Pickup is, the greater chance to get rare items :)

2 minutes ago, Sephnessed said:

The higher level a Pokemon with Pickup is, the greater chance to get rare items :)

I only played up to Leaf Green and Fire Red.  Levels had no correlation in those games, but I can see on the Wiki that this is true for the newer generations.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

4 minutes ago, MrManslayerX said:

@Sephnessed Eh, I started falling out of Pokemon when Megas were starting to be introduced.

I personally love mega evolutions. They can buff or make Pokemon more popular that were unappreciated in the past like beedrill. Or they can bring Pokemon from the past back into the spotlight like the original starters or mewtwo. 

2 hours ago, Joshy said:

I only played up to Leaf Green and Fire Red.  Levels had no correlation in those games, but I can see on the Wiki that this is true for the newer generations.

You should try some of the newer games. Every Pokemon generation is amazing and worth a shot to play. :) 

3 hours ago, Aurelien said:

Reshiram

that lad is cool one

Reshiram is pretty cool. I love its sleek white design. It also has really good stats and a nice diverse movepool, which explains its rank in Ubers.

3 hours ago, Leks said:

electabuzz or growlithe. Both look hella cool

I also like their evolved forms. Arcanine and Electavire look really dope.

4 hours ago, Azazel said:

Zapdos

Why?

Because it's one of the five original legendary pokemon and it's a giant bird made of fkin lightning, what's not badass about it?

Yeah, Zapdos has always been my favorite of the legendary birds. Lightning birds are badass as hell!!

4 hours ago, Finnick said:

Pikachu

I never really watched the show nor did I play the games

But pikachu is cute 

Das why

Have you seen Mimikyu? I think it's a really cool Pokemon. Especially if you know the story behind it.

4 hours ago, Twig said:

Greninja.

Tongue game strong af.

I love Greninja. He is one of my favorite Pokemon as well. I like to play as him in Smash Bros. Also his new Ash-Greninja form is really badass in the XYZ anime and Pokemon Sun and Moon. 

image.png