NotFancy

More staff?

This should be more a requirement than a suggestion, I notice that you guys don't have any admins on during weeknights EST. This wouldn't be much of an issue but the Minecraft TTT server suffers greatly from it with greifers ranging from mic spam, ghosting, RDM and so on. This server is almost always full 24/7 so it would only seem fitting to have a schedule or staff who are awake at odd times. Have any of the staff thought about finding more admins that can be up during those hours?

2 hours ago, NotFancy said:

This should be more a requirement than a suggestion, I notice that you guys don't have any admins on during weeknights EST. This wouldn't be much of an issue but the Minecraft TTT server suffers greatly from it with greifers ranging from mic spam, ghosting, RDM and so on. This server is almost always full 24/7 so it would only seem fitting to have a schedule or staff who are awake at odd times. Have any of the staff thought about finding more admins that can be up during those hours?

Its complicated, most admins have either school or work, therefor they need to sleep, we could try, but being a staff int a job, we dont get paid

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

5 hours ago, NotFancy said:

I agree with you but, they might want to hire staff that are in different timezones or that can work at different times so that way they are having weekdays and weekends etc.

51 minutes ago, MonkeyMan said:

I agree with you but, they might want to hire staff that are in different timezones or that can work at different times so that way they are having weekdays and weekends etc.

We have tried that in the past, not the easiest thing to do.

76561198088916523.png

Posted  Edited by Bae - Edit Reason: Stupid phone autocorrect

Violator doesn't even sleep at all so maybe he can deal with the situation when he can. I mean he does but most of time it's like only for short amount of time. Like rcool said, there used to be admin that do come in for late hours but they resigned due to personal problems and moving on stuff. If you think you're qualified for the position for late night, I mean you could read up on the administration application and try applying for it.

Edited by Bae
Stupid phone autocorrect

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I do work as an admin for the gmod murder server, and I do live in EST. However, I typically get on the servers between 3-9pm. Between this time however, I may be occupied with school work at any time. And after this time frame, I like to relax and spend time with my girlfriend. So it really depends from admin to admin with what times they will be available. I know that the TTT servers are typically full of people like this, but it does seem to make up for it with the very dedicated and hard working admin teams for this server. With all the problems they have on there, I don't think I could ever do their job xD.  But if you continue to have more problems with this, have @Xy_ ban everyone ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 minute ago, Sephnessed said:

But if you continue to have more problems with this, have @Xy_ ban everyone ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I am good at that.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

I am the admin on the GMod Deathrun Server, while it isn't exactly bad, there can be issues. Like @Sephnessedsaid, I am also in the Eastern Time Zone, and I am also only able to be on the servers from 3 PM - about 10 PM due to school. We all try to get on our respective servers as much as possible, however.

759110999_GFLSignature.png.5f98a0d75491ad7bc17aaf7a35c1f7bf.png

Thank you @AceOfSpadesMM for the signature! Very much appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Aireesan said:

I'd apply to be a staff member or something if there was more trust in Garry's Mod staff.

A bit of freedom to judge how long to punish, what route to take, etc...

What exactly do you mean by trust?

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

2 hours ago, Bae said:

What exactly do you mean by trust?

Server managers and administrators tend to assume the worst in staff members.

Maybe I've just had a poor experience with certain servers.

10 hours ago, Aireesan said:

Server managers and administrators tend to assume the worst in staff members.

Maybe I've just had a poor experience with certain servers.

Oh, no. If they think they deserve, then they do. If they don't then they don't. But I'm not sure how they do it no, since a lot of things have changed on gmod. But gmod is strict on applicants. And once you know why, you'll understand but I don't think I can tell you because I am unsure if the reasoning i'm thinking of is correct or not. But gmod especially is strict upon.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

On 13/02/2017 at 5:24 PM, Bae said:

I mean you could read up on the administration application and try applying for it.

I might just do that, was thinking about it since this isn't my main server but tonight is just as bad as when I posted the topic. Where can I go to apply?

I have a little bit of a story from my enjoyable time in retail, and I'm not sure if I have told it or not already...

I use to play the strict card myself while fulfilling this role.  It seemed to have worked so well, that I could see associates quickly tidying up the place as I walked into the store, and everything would fall into order the moment I clocked in.  My department was performing the best it had ever done compared to any of my predecessors (many of whom were involuntarily terminated) and we were on the rise in an internal ranking system.  We weren't the best, but there was no reason for me to think anything was wrong.

The Assistant Store Manager made a very interesting observation and brought it to my attention: Things would only get done while I was in the store or if the associates were afraid that I may talk to them later on.  Everything would only be in order for 40 ~ 60 hours per week.  The moment that I walked out of the store was the moment that people were on their vacation.  I changed up the game a little bit to see if coaching and motivation would work better (calling people into the office weekly with open doors and training them on something new, asking them how they felt, allowing them to vent without waiting for them to come to me, etc.), and the number soared!  Associates began fulfilling their tasks to the best of their ability; not out of fear, but to support their friend. or to see what they could achieve  I would walk out of the store and the standards were held to my expectations and sometimes above - all the associates working for me were much like a small clone of myself... making decisions and thinking as similarly to me as possible as they had seen so many times, understood from our conversations, training, and motivation.  This made my role super easy while I was on the clock and people asking for help was only a mere formality or a way to pass on accountability for risky decisions (and I was always willing to take that bullet which made them even more willing to work hard for me).  By that time, my team made $60,000/quarter more than any predecessor and - since our pay was partial base and commission (performance) - my associates were paid more than every supervisor in the store.  I literally had supervisors asking if they could be demoted and become an associate on my team.

The moral of this story?  There's a problem if you have one of the largest staff team of any game mode, the most bans, and people are still asking for more staff.  The change I made above for my success was not becoming more strict or to add more watchdogs on the team, but to loosen up and change the culture.  You can do exactly the same thing with players too.  There will always be the one or two bad players who refuse to budge no matter what you do, but a good majority of them are influenced by culture.  The servers with a bunch of rule breakers...  these people do these things because they enjoy how easy it is to trigger a Server Admin or disrupt an unstable system dependent on a team holding it up; it's only a game, and they get more joy from disrupting you than they do from the game itself.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152