Joshy

Coffee or Tea?

Coffee or Tea?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer coffee or tea with your breakfast?

• Coffee
    • Tea

I accidentally broke my French Press Coffee Maker yesterday, and this led to a discussion between a friend and I much like the Pancakes or Waffles? [NOT DAILY] thread.  Breakfast is by far my most favourite meal of the day.  The components of it, such as a cup of "filtered" coffee (specifically a caffeinated drink for our discussion), can really make or break my day.  I've grown up with a family member who has coffee every morning, and it seems to be a common convention in my hometown to do many activities involving coffee.  For example, you can ask someone out on a date "Would you like to get a cup off coffee?", study, kick-back, etc. and fulfill whatever intended activity as you have unlimited refills of coffee.

I'm definitely a coffee person, but it seems like it has a tight competition with tea.  Coffee is typically more bitter and people often don't really enjoy it as they baffle out its flavour with cream, sugar, or into other fancy combinations, but I argue that people use similar strategies with tea despite it's more widely "tolerable" flavours.  As usual: I have pictures, and for this time, I will have pictures for both coffee and tea.  Cheers!

N0LElKA.jpg vporqi6.jpg

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Personally I find this type of question an irrelevant question to ask. Tea and Coffee are both completely different drinks and serve different purposes to some who can define the drinks individuality.

I enjoy both Coffee and Tea but generally I enjoy them both in their own scenario. 

Coffee for me is the type of drink which adds a certain punch only Coffee can. Through the intense flavours brought out from an espresso to the  daily cup some people use to wake up in the morning. I used to drink this almost religiously every day as I woke up, this was during my time as a night shift worker and I needed that extra push to wake me up and get me going. I would drink the coffee with no milk or sugar due to living on my own and I just couldn't drink enough milk to finish off the bottle. However I do enjoy going out for "Coffee" with people I would regard as close. Under typical English tradition I'd sometimes go to one of our local churches Coffee mornings and enjoy a great coffee and some home made cake (I also tend to make a cake for these to donate).

Maybe it seemed as if I drifted of a little there but I have a point to make further down.

Tea for me is the perfect, sit down and relax, kind of drink. You can enjoy different flavour tea's (Yes even for the haters you can enjoy a absolutely amazing fruity tea!). I however tend to make myself when I have someone come over and we want to chat and enjoy a nice cup of tea. Made to the exact specification it should always be made (Tea bag left in water which boiled 2:30 minutes ago, left for 3-5 minutes to stew, remove tea bag and add any required sugar THEN add the milk). 

I guess the point I am trying to make is that I personally use Coffee as the kind of drink I want to fight for me, I drink it when I need that little shove to get going, however I use Tea as my relaxing drink, used to inspire a conversation or just to start the unwinding process after work. 

Coffee is a fighter! Tea is a delighter!

However for the purposes of the topic I will go with what I have recently drunk which would be a delicious Earl grey accompanied by a slice of Earl grey flavoured Victoria sponge. (Oh yes you can flavour a cake with tea too and it is absolutely delicious!)

Achievements

1 hour ago, Darkling said:

Personally I find this type of question an irrelevant question to ask.

>>e06ca48f7db722fbb6d22c7d409930c0.png <<  God, no need to over think it man.

Personally, I'd drink tea over coffee, I can't stand the smell or taste of Coffee.

Even though I don't drink tea on the daily or anything, but tea is still by far my more favourite type of beverage in the morning or in certain situations, like If I'm sick, which helps a lot for it.

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Darkling - Edit Reason: Placed pictures in spoiler tag.

Maybe some of you have a habit of not being able to choose whether to drink Coffee or Tea. 

Then maybe you should go for a Yuenyeung! This is a mixture of Coffee and Tea which has been recreated a few times and also arguably originates from China.

Hers some pictures too

5MCrs8S.jpggPTX3zu.jpg

Edited by Darkling
Placed pictures in spoiler tag.

Achievements

In all honesty, I don't have either typically with my breakfast, but in general I'm more of a tea drinker. Nothing against coffee, just I prefer tea.

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former GFL Council Member
  • Former Deathrun Server Manager
  • Former Murder Server Manager (2x)
  • Former Forum/Discord/TS Moderator
  • Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin
  • Former Ragdoll Combat Admin
  • Former Hide and Seek Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

76561198080414294.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad0d7752f3af933e823242707f002882.png

7ca15ba2adfc1cca1bbdd1b0e2899323.png

8a1fc7db81c9f9c55efeb06616369387.png

a23834bee8bd262ab85ddc004d8a52d4.png

37c2106e984c072a98986b80abc62302.png

ac8e16c80959c1400d7f78eb08d82b9a.png

d987b48e16877f03d3f4bd471f7a167d.png

7c3ddae8149571527b4fd382077c386b.png

addedjittogroupgay.png.b9cd0e35765a9eb4289086eb110830ed.png

crusty.PNG.ff0ad7f19b0b472ee3cf36cffd1138a4.PNG

eatcakeandcry.PNG.c3e7a72409b2c1a1bca7a659d6b0d5c5.PNG

fuckijustnutted.png.288a102240b0b61679c2a06089a8b4fb.png

quesadillaorriot.PNG.694be1708aeccc1771da16873fb0705b.PNG

26 minutes ago, Darkling said:

Maybe some of you have a habit of not being able to choose whether to drink Coffee or Tea. 

Then maybe you should go for a Yuenyeung! This is a mixture of Coffee and Tea which has been recreated a few times and also arguably originates from China.

Hers some pictures too 

5MCrs8S.jpg

gPTX3zu.jpg

I want to try this.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I drink coffee a few days a week, mostly when I didn't get good sleep. I enjoy straight black coffee and coffee with milk and a bit of sugar.

As for tea.......Well :3 ........I have Two 24 packs of Canned Arizona Sweet Tea, Three gallons on Arizona Half&Half, 30ish bottles of Snapple Straight up tea, and Homemade Carmel Honey Tea Iced. Went a bit over board but you get my point.

I'm a Tea dude :3

Why not both? 

I use coffee more often though, because I need to get more energy. I stay up too late a lot recently, and I need to fix this. Anyway, I barely use tea, but I find them useful when I'm not feeling well. 

76561198043643390.png

Depends on time/mood for me. 

Good Mood / Time I'll Have Tea

Bad Mood / No Time I'll get the Keurig Out

5 hours ago, Darkling said:

Personally I find this type of question an irrelevant question to ask. Tea and Coffee are both completely different drinks and serve different purposes to some who can define the drinks individuality.

I enjoy both Coffee and Tea but generally I enjoy them both in their own scenario. 

Coffee for me is the type of drink which adds a certain punch only Coffee can. Through the intense flavours brought out from an espresso to the  daily cup some people use to wake up in the morning. I used to drink this almost religiously every day as I woke up, this was during my time as a night shift worker and I needed that extra push to wake me up and get me going. I would drink the coffee with no milk or sugar due to living on my own and I just couldn't drink enough milk to finish off the bottle. However I do enjoy going out for "Coffee" with people I would regard as close. Under typical English tradition I'd sometimes go to one of our local churches Coffee mornings and enjoy a great coffee and some home made cake (I also tend to make a cake for these to donate).

Maybe it seemed as if I drifted of a little there but I have a point to make further down.

Tea for me is the perfect, sit down and relax, kind of drink. You can enjoy different flavour tea's (Yes even for the haters you can enjoy a absolutely amazing fruity tea!). I however tend to make myself when I have someone come over and we want to chat and enjoy a nice cup of tea. Made to the exact specification it should always be made (Tea bag left in water which boiled 2:30 minutes ago, left for 3-5 minutes to stew, remove tea bag and add any required sugar THEN add the milk). 

I guess the point I am trying to make is that I personally use Coffee as the kind of drink I want to fight for me, I drink it when I need that little shove to get going, however I use Tea as my relaxing drink, used to inspire a conversation or just to start the unwinding process after work. 

Coffee is a fighter! Tea is a delighter!

However for the purposes of the topic I will go with what I have recently drunk which would be a delicious Earl grey accompanied by a slice of Earl grey flavoured Victoria sponge. (Oh yes you can flavour a cake with tea too and it is absolutely delicious!)

PijcGEU.gif

giphy.webpgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Achievements