Faex

Should girls be able to join Boy Scouts?

Psshhh, what kind of question is that? Obviously they shouldn't, it's in the name! Wait what? People are trying to get girls to join Boy Scouts? God are they dumb. 

So here's the thing, Boy Scouts was created for boys so they can develop leadership skills that they need in the adult life. Allowing girls into the organization will cripple it entirely, because they diversity will "just make it better" which is not always a good thing. Do you really think parents would want their 12-13 year olds still going through puberty to sleep in the same camping spot with girls their age? Also, what's wrong with Girl Scouts? Why can't you just join them? Oh, they're not the same as the boy scouts? Well guess what you crusty elbow, you can attempt to change the girl scouts to be like the boy scouts! 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

I don't see why girls should intrude in the Boy Scouts, nor why boys should intrude in the Girl Scouts. There are already mixed gender Scouting troops if that's what you want to join.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

I wouldn't have a problem with it.  Personally, I'd toss out the gender condition and just call it Scouts, or something cute like Kids Scouts.  I don't like our social conditioning and systematic discrimination.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Ejfeds
2 minutes ago, Joshy said:

I wouldn't have a problem with it.  Personally, I'd toss out the gender condition and just call it Scouts, or something cute like Kids Scouts.  I don't like our social conditioning and systematic discrimination.

I agree with what @Joshy said, but there also is Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts for a reason. I was in Boy Scouts (left because i got bored of it :P) but they could make just a "Kids Scouts". Would be nice to see.

Edited by Ejfeds

759110999_GFLSignature.png.5f98a0d75491ad7bc17aaf7a35c1f7bf.png

Thank you @AceOfSpadesMM for the signature! Very much appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Joshy said:

There's something like that, it's called the Venture Scouts. 

2014 - 2020

Former Global Admin

Achievements

I don't really mind. Why not just call it something else other than naming it with Boys Scout/Girl Scout. Normally, there'd be some people in my church shaking their head over this, but I'm not. (My religion is Christianity for those who are curious).

I don't really understand why our system is like this when there'd be something simple like this. 

76561198043643390.png

21 minutes ago, Benroyjam said:

I don't really mind. Why not just call it something else other than naming it with Boys Scout/Girl Scout. Normally, there'd be some people in my church shaking their head over this, but I'm not. (My religion is Christianity for those who are curious).

I don't really understand why our system is like this when there'd be something simple like this. 

2014 - 2020

Former Global Admin

Achievements

Posted  Edited by JerryBomb

I extremely dislike feminists. If they ruled the world, 

1. All men would be dead

2. Any aliens who would give a friendly visit would immediately fly back to their country, tell their leader about them, then immediately start war just to get rid of them.

I think no girls should join boy scouts. Each gender should stay in it's own scout community. 

Edited by JerryBomb

JerryBomb.png.e376b34f3abbf909e911ca905e69e9b5.png.148c6b4cfc47ce26dbdfacd59a6ef633.pngCreative Team of GFL.

That's it.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Major_Push
27 minutes ago, JerryBomb said:

I extremely dislike feminists. If they ruled the world, 

1. All men would be dead

2. Any aliens who would give a friendly visit would immediately fly back to their country, tell their leader about them, then immediately start war just to get rid of them.

I think no girls should join "boy scouts". Each gender should stay in it's own scout community. 

I'm not going to even argue with this.

You're an idiot.

Anyway, should girls be allowed into the boy scouts?

Na.

They have the girl scouts. And if the girl scouts isn't good enough then they should work to improve it.

And if they want a scouts group that is multi-gender then they should just join an already multi-gender scout organization. 

Edited by Major_Push

"Be good people"

Posted  Edited by JerryBomb
1 hour ago, Major_Push said:

I'm not going to even argue with this.

You're an idiot.

Anyway, should girls be allowed into the boy scouts?

Na.

They have the girl scouts. And if the girl scouts isn't good enough then they should work to improve it.

And if they want a scouts group that is multi-gender then they should just join an already multi-gender scout organization. 

Lol call me an idiot, and then not argue with me. Nice.

It's obvious why boys should stay in their own group, especially going through puberty. Someone else stated that earlier in this thread. If you have a problem with me stating my opinion, then say why. 

So, how am I an idiot? Please tell me, I'm curious.

Edited by JerryBomb

JerryBomb.png.e376b34f3abbf909e911ca905e69e9b5.png.148c6b4cfc47ce26dbdfacd59a6ef633.pngCreative Team of GFL.

That's it.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Major_Push
1 hour ago, JerryBomb said:

Lol call me an idiot, and then not argue with me. Nice.

It's obvious why boys should stay in their own group, especially going through puberty. Someone else stated that earlier in this thread. If you have a problem with me stating my opinion, then say why. 

So, how am I an idiot? Please tell me, I'm curious.

Not for that.

You're an idiot for the whole anti-feminist thing.

The "feminists" you're referring to aren't even actual feminists. They're just idiots who are trying to get attention. So they're pretty much your run of the mill lunatics who are hijacking a cause to try and get attention while making themselves feel good.

Feminists don't want men dead. It's only the extremely loud minority who want that. And if aliens saw us, they'd exterminate us for putting a cheeto into the world's most powerful position. 

Either way, I just hate the whole anti-feminist mind set that everyone's been indoctrinated into. Think for yourself and don't make idiotic blanket statements. Every group has their radicals. Religious radicals, political radicals, environmentalist radicals, feminist radicals, meninist radicals, etc. etc. 

In other words, I think you're an idiot for making a blanket statement about a group of people because of some very loud radicals.

Edited by Major_Push

"Be good people"

1 minute ago, Major_Push said:

Not for that.

You're an idiot for the whole anti-feminist thing.

The "feminists" you're referring to aren't even actual feminists. They're just idiots who are trying to get attention. So they're pretty much your run of the mill lunatics who are hijacking a cause to try and get attention while making themselves feel good.

Feminists don't want men dead. It's only the extremely loud minority who want that. And if aliens saw us, they'd exterminate us for putting a cheeto into the world's most powerful position. 

Either way, I just hate the whole anti-feminist mind set that everyone's been indoctrinated into. Think for yourself and don't make idiotic blanket statements. Every group has their radicals. Religious radicals, political radicals, environmentalist radicals, feminist radicals, meninist radicals, etc. etc. 

In other words, I think you're an idiot for making a blanket statement about a group of people because of some very loud radicals.

I'm surprised you can't tell the difference between an actual joke, and a serious statement. 

But can you blame the whole anti-feminist mindset? It's the extremely loud radicals who makes things worse. Don't call me an idiot and say I'm at fault and it's not. I don't know of a single feminist who doesn't have her mouth open all the time. From what I've seen, all feminists are "radicals". Show me a calm feminist who believes her beliefs. Show me. Please. Prove me wrong.

That's it.

Achievements

1 minute ago, JerryBomb said:

I'm surprised you can't tell the difference between an actual joke, and a serious statement. 

But can you blame the whole anti-feminist mindset? It's the extremely loud radicals who makes things worse. Don't call me an idiot and say I'm at fault and it's not. I don't know of a single feminist who doesn't have her mouth open all the time. From what I've seen, all feminists are "radicals". Show me a calm feminist who believes her beliefs. Show me. Please. Prove me wrong.

Honestly, looking at your post, I suggest that you and Push should take it to PM instead of posting here. People are sharing their opinions on this and I've shared.

Either way, it's not really the right place to start a "fight" here

76561198043643390.png

I used to be a boy scout. And I hate to break it to you, but there are girls in boy scouts. Although they may not be part of standard boy scout troops, there are specialized adventure groups that are beyond the eagle rank and still a part of boy scouts. I have never seen a girl in a standard boy scout troop, but I have seen girls several times in these adventure groups which are technically affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America.

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

I'm a feminist.

I am also a feminist. While some feminists approach to their cause can be a bit much and rather annoying at times, I am still in support of the general belief of feminism which is equal treatment under the law for all genders.

12 hours ago, Sephnessed said:

I used to be a boy scout. And I hate to break it to you, but there are girls in boy scouts. Although they may not be part of standard boy scout troops, there are specialized adventure groups that are beyond the eagle rank and still a part of boy scouts. I have never seen a girl in a standard boy scout troop, but I have seen girls several times in these adventure groups which are technically affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America.

Yeah, I already said there were Venture scouts. I've been on trips with them at some times. 

2014 - 2020

Former Global Admin

Achievements

21 hours ago, Benroyjam said:

Honestly, looking at your post, I suggest that you and Push should take it to PM instead of posting here. People are sharing their opinions on this and I've shared.

Either way, it's not really the right place to start a "fight" here

Which is why I didn't follow up with a response.

It's not worth it and it's inappropriate.

"Be good people"

On 2/18/2017 at 4:57 PM, Major_Push said:

Which is why I didn't follow up with a response.

It's not worth it and it's inappropriate.

I feel the same exact way.

That's it.

Achievements

19 minutes ago, JerryBomb said:

I feel the same exact way.

Why do you have to follow up?  It was done.  The fire is out and the smoke is gone...

I still don't understand the points against having girls in the Boy Scouts and the converse?  Are these the main points, or am I misunderstanding?

• The name.  It says "Boy" Scouts, and therefore should only be for boys.
  • Tradition
  • Sexual reasons

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152