Roy

[3-12-17] Major Update - Heading In The Right Direction

Posted  Edited by PaxPlay · Hidden
Hidden
18 minutes ago, Roy said:

Bunny Hop
Although we revamped our Bunny Hop servers a while ago with a new timer, the server population did not increase. I believe we need to take further steps to bring in more population. 

Well, the new timer got a lot of people back to the server and with the new timer, a lot of really good people started to play on this server, many people stopped playing after a while, because of to few maps and other issues.

Since I got manager I tried to add maps and new features to keep the server alive, I even set a goal of atleast 10 maps a week (which wasn't very succesfull due to having to have an internship for school and then being away one week).

I'll try to do even more stuff in the future.

Edited by PaxPlay

Hidden
1 hour ago, Roy said:

Call of Duty 4
I’ve been playing Call of Duty 4 quite often recently and wanted to setup a CoD 4 server on our new OVH box for some time now. However, I haven’t had the motivation to do so until now. I am looking forward to setting up a new CoD 4 server on our OVH machine soon.

I’ve been playing on a server recently that I really like and I am going to try contacting the owner of the community to see if they would be interested in running their CoD 4 server under GFL (we give them server manager and such). Obviously, this would need to be discussed further with the Trusted group if it were to be considered.

Regardless, we will be trying a CoD 4 server on our new European OVH machine. It will most likely be a Hardcore “mixed” or TDM server. I will be the leader of the division and server once it’s started up.

I bought cod 4 awhile ago! gg ez

ezgif-1-cdc6b920817a.gif.0e71bfca2884c5c3e15241e8d1666143.gif

"Execute Order 66."

-Emperor Palpatine

Hidden
2 hours ago, Roy said:

RuneScape
A RuneScape division has been wanted for quite some time now in GFL. @Benroyjam and @Leks wanted to manage this division, and I believe we should give them the chance. Fortunately, it doesn’t take any resources running a mini-division. Therefore, the only thing we would lose if we were to fail with this division is time. In my opinion, it’s definitely worth at least trying.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

I cannot wait for this. I'm at least motivated after reading this post. I'll keep trying to make it a thing for GFL, along with Leks. 

2 hours ago, Roy said:

FFA DeathMatch
Initially, I did not expect FFA DM to work out due to it being very similar to Valve’s DM servers. However, the server is doing quite well. 

471c2b592489c.png

It fills up to around 20 - 30 players daily and I hope it keeps up. I believe there should be admins on the server trying to recruit players to our TS3 server and website (to apply for Membership). With that said, I would recommend trying an European FFA DM server in the future once we setup our OVH machine.

I'm honestly surprised on this. As soon as the problem is fixed, we started getting regulars, which boosts up the server population almost daily. 

The best part about FFA DM is that they don't require those "illegal plugins" to fill and make server popular. I hope it keeps being like this too. 

76561198043643390.png

Hidden
3 hours ago, Roy said:

Radio Bots
I’ve always thought it would be cool to have a few music channels with bots that run a radio. Only bots would have talk power in these channels and clients can go in there just to relax and listen to the music.

ITS HAPPENING GUYS!!111 ITS BEEN LIKE 500 YEARS !!!!1111.

Sweet update @Roy

Hidden
6 hours ago, Roy said:

FFA DeathMatch
Initially, I did not expect FFA DM to work out due to it being very similar to Valve’s DM servers. However, the server is doing quite well. 

471c2b592489c.png

It fills up to around 20 - 30 players daily and I hope it keeps up. I believe there should be admins on the server trying to recruit players to our TS3 server and website (to apply for Membership). With that said, I would recommend trying an European FFA DM server in the future once we setup our OVH machine.

Overall, as said before, the division is stable, but we need to start expanding and fixing up servers that are suffering.

73ab904fb6564636a7cce9374e54a0ba.png

I've been advertising outside of GFL in comp games glad it worked out :)

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Johaw · Hidden
Hidden

Leaked part of the post 

Planning

Topics

• TF2’s Mailing List Thread

• IPS 4

• SourceBans 2

• Expenses Cut

• Linux Machine removed.

• European VDS Cancelled.

• OVH Game Server Machine With EasyWI.

• New Servers (No extra information).

• Donations, etc.

• Who Setup.Sh Is (A.K.A. Amp)

• Games & Game Servers

• My Future With GFL V2

• TeamSpeak 3 Channel Structure, Permissions, Etc

•  

* Of course, as usual, anything above this line will not be included in the actual post.

The Post

Edited by Johaw

Achievements

3 hours ago, Johaw said:

Leaked part of the post 

Reveal hidden contents

That was from the update back in May, 2016. Noob :)

Thanks.

Hidden
On 3/13/2017 at 3:14 AM, Roy said:

That was from the update back in May, 2016. Noob :)

Thanks.

It's interesting that you are able to reflect on past updates.

So: Is this new "right direction" thread in the same direction as the old thread?  I think it would be a good idea to ponder on that, evaluate what happened, and understand where we could have improved, mitigated, or even taken advantage of the situations that led us to this "right direction" thread whether it be the same direction or not.  This advise I am giving is nothing new as I've said the same about your Reddit posts regarding Valve's (lack of) support on community servers.  Judging from the front-loading in this announcement, which I'm very suspicious of...  I've said more than enough.  I think it's great to tell people what they want to hear, but telling them what they want to hear should be followed by making it effective; otherwise: I don't think you should be saying these things.

...  recent events and decisions, general trends...  I'm a very skeptical person.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152