Chormee

CS:GO Crashing after loading map

Alright, so i never thought i'd come to this, but i've been on this problem for nearly three hours now, i've uninstalled CS:GO and reinstalled it, updated my drivers, verified game cache at least 5 times, tinkered with config files, and the game just says "0:05 > Continue" and freezes and crashes. No error message, no "csgo.exe has stopped working" or anything, just closes to desktop and nothing else happens. I can't play Competitive or Casual, and i haven't tried any other servers yet. It's been working perfectly normal, even at 4am last night i was able to play, but all of a sudden it's not letting me.

SPECS: (Laptop)

CPU: Intel i7 620M 

4GB DDR3 Ram

NVIDIA Quadro FX 880m 

Windows 7 64-Bit

don't really know what else to do other than wait for it to fix itself.

Also, every time i start up the game now it goes through the first time setup which is just damn annoying.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

Okay, so after messing around with a lot of stuff, i've gotten it to work again, but i don't exactly know if it will stay working or how it got fixed. if anyone finds a solution feel free to post a fix. Thanks

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

@BudRot reply since he can not type a reply due to a glitch with his rank it seems.

9:35 PM - BudRot™ | GFL: Anyways if you wanna type up my reply in the mean time. All i did was use Revo Uninstaller and delete all reg entries for CSGO after uninstalling. Then i re installed.

Achievements

• 3 months later...

Make sure to verify the integrity of your files! Go to steam > Library > Right click csgo > veryify integrity of files > and see if that helps some of the default maps, also try cl_downloadfilter all. If not try reinstalling csgo, this has happened to me a couple of times, good luck ! ::D: