Cas

Left 4 dead 2 not opening

Posted  Edited by Lapis

So, I didn't think i'd have to post here about it, but I do. Let me explain my issue, when I open this game it won't open at all, and when I run it as administrator it says I have "-insecure" in my launch option. So I look in my launch options and there's nothing. I don't know if anybody else has this issue either, or know how to solve it.  But please, help me out.

EDIT: I tried to run as administrator again and it still won't open. Also sorry for the bad grammar I've only been up for an hour

Edited by Lapis

1 minute ago, Xy_ said:

Screenshot?

My screenshots don't save. What it does is it says Left 4 dead 2 preparing for launch and it doesn't do anything.

ctrl alt del and end task for steam and everything and try again if it still doesn't work you're probably on an alt or something if that is still not it try deleting and re installing

Achievements

Just a question which windows do you have if it windows 10 consider going on this link :  https://steamcommunity.com/app/550/discussions/0/541907867765113852/

Also try doing this: try open the directory file (steam > steamapps > common > l4d2) find common reddist.. install everything inside and restart your pc.. if this didnt work try to verify integrity file for l4d2.. if that still didnt work.. go to steam folder delete all folder except steam apps then open steam.exe ( to download all corrupted file) hope this help.

42 minutes ago, GOKU said:

Just a question which windows do you have if it windows 10 consider going on this link :  https://steamcommunity.com/app/550/discussions/0/541907867765113852/

Also try doing this: try open the directory file (steam > steamapps > common > l4d2) find common reddist.. install everything inside and restart your pc.. if this didnt work try to verify integrity file for l4d2.. if that still didnt work.. go to steam folder delete all folder except steam apps then open steam.exe ( to download all corrupted file) hope this help.

Verifying my game Cache doesn't work whatsoever I've looked this up for hours and found virtually nothing beside verifying my cache *Sigh*

Just now, PB-n-J said:

I'd suggest doing what was already suggested and uninstall/reinstall.

Just now, PB-n-J said:

I'd suggest doing what was already suggested and uninstall/reinstall.

I've done it all already :/ also unistall/resinstall doesn't work

Posted  Edited by Lapis
2 hours ago, Darkling said:

One question. Are you launching the game using steam or are you using the desktop shortcuts to launch the game?

Steam not the shortcut @Darkling

Edited by Lapis

2 hours ago, Sir_Meliodas said:

1 . Start up Gmod

2 . Join the purge server.

I would but TTT is better than Purge lel

Posted  Edited by Xy_
13 minutes ago, Lapis said:

I would but TTT is better than Purge lel

95973412.jpg

They both pretty good tho

Edited by Xy_