JLlaneras

Shadow_Temple Under Progress

Posted  Edited by JLlaneras - Edit Reason: Added Content

@whim4life I have the same problem with lasers haha. Sooo with that being said I will try and not make them so challenging so other players can get the hang of them. I'm thinking the laser speed will be more like Surf Vortexes lasers.

Edited by JLlaneras
Added Content

@Loccstan There isn't much tutorials about zombie escape things like items or bosses you kind of have to figure it out yourself. That's what i did but, if you ever need help with something you can always message me or any of the professional mappers like Luffaren, Moltard, Naraka, ect...

Little preview of entrance to Sky map... The map is now about 7 minutes long not including the boss! I am going to add about 10 more minutes.

20170403215636_1.jpg

This isn't the what the final version of the entrance will look like. It will have displacements and more props...

Edited by JLlaneras
Added Content

1 hour ago, JLlaneras said:

@Loccstan There isn't much tutorials about zombie escape things like items or bosses you kind of have to figure it out yourself. That's what i did but, if you ever need help with something you can always message me or any of the professional mappers like Luffaren, Moltard, Naraka, ect...

Thanks for letting me know. Quick question, how do you play test your maps? Do you setup a dedicated server running with the zombie reloaded plugin for that? 

asdf

Posted  Edited by Flops
3 hours ago, Loccstan said:

I am interested in making maps too. Where can I find some good tutorials on zombie escape specific mapping stuff, like bosses, items, levels, etc?

regarding mapping, basics are a must. You must know what everything does before you can piece things together to make something larger, like an item. Once you understand what things do (like logic_counters, coordinates, and outputs), you can ask other mappers like JL said for help and ALWAYS learn from other mappers. You can do this by decompiling maps with and reverse engineering their work to learn how they do things. Don't plagiarize though and always ask for permission to use content from maps. Afterward, get enough free time to make a map - it takes a really long time and you shouldn't expect monetary payment for it, so you should be really passionate about mapping before you start :^), best of luck.

Edited by Flops

Hello Everyone,

Update on my Sky Map:

1. Boss under development it will be similar to the Gris boss fight.

2. I have put in the Map music and sounds for doors, and other miscellaneous things.

3. Added a little bit of surfing to the map just for the hell of it...

Update on my Shadow Temple Map:

1. Beginning Hallway is done along with main area... Still adding details though... (These areas would be the start area and area 3 on the map that I uploaded...)

2. Importing props from actual game to be in the map like: Pictures, Statues, doorways...

3. Added Map music and other miscellaneous sounds.

Shadow_Temple_Map.png

Nice work on the map, this should give me a bit of interest to actually continue my own made map as well ( been on hiatus for 2 months since I got a surgery ). About items, you don't need to put items in, the harder the map, the better IMO ( looking at you Luffaren )

@Shiki Yeah I was actually contemplating whether or not to do items. I haven't made a decision yet but I'm leaning towards not doing items because it saves times and it does make the map harder... (But I'm only contemplating doing that for the Shadow Temple Map)

Edited by JLlaneras
Added Content

Update on Sky_Temples:

Here are some photos of bits and pieces of the map.

The map should be finished and posted by end of May.

20170418105933_1.jpg

20170418110107_1.jpg

20170418110112_1.jpg

20170418110151_1.jpg

20170418110209_1.jpg

Edited by JLlaneras
Added Content

Sky_Temples Update:

Sky_Temples is getting close to being finished! Fire temple, Sand Temple, and Water Temple are in order! Just few more additions and optimizations.

Here are some pictures of the water temple what awaits??? By the way the water temple is my favorite temple...::D:

20170427195631_1.jpg

20170427195737_1.jpg

Sky Temples Boss:

1. Multiple fire attacks

2. Multiple push attacks

3. Multiple water attacks

4. Zombies are included in the boss fight

5. Boss does move around arena

6. Important message!!!! There is no heal for boss.... :xD:

Edited by JLlaneras
Added Content