Broccoli_nyu

[Suggestion] Hide people

Hide People  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be useful?

Posted  Edited by Broccoli_nyu

Read to the end. I'm not talking about a public plugin. Obviously, such a public plugin can be a problem.

Some part of the sentence is not written by me. I just took the information, because I agree with the person.

Server is improving a lot, new maps are added, and server managers are looking for (good) changes, and this is a good thing.

It's on this way that I make this post,to propose a new plugin, the hide people plugin (!hide). The main objective of this plugin is to hide other players by typing "!hide". This plugin improving FPS a lot (less models displayed more FPS for users).

There's no better way to defend an opinion that talking about his own experience. I used to play with less than 20 FPS during almost a year and I know that unpleasant feeling. A lot of peoples playing with low FPS and its not rare to see players complaining about their low FPS and asking for "magic fix"

Main pros :

• Improving FPS
  • Better seen in a crowd of players
  • Useful on bosses, because beacon visible (At the present time, the beacon is almost invisible in the crowd of players)
  • The ability to enable / disable the display of the nearest players
Main cons :

• Can maybe affect server performance ? (In the event that the public version is used)

An example of what this thing looks like:

https://media.giphy.com/media/H2F2OcQJohaak/giphy.gif

P.s the mapeadores such plugin done, the server does not crash

Is there a way to do something similar, by this server scripters?

So, as an example - there is a map ze_minecraft_adventure. It, if I'm not mistaken, the server dont crash

Sorry for my English

giphy (1).gif

@xSnowyAngel, @P2ss, @Kim, @Deltacommander

Edited by Broccoli_nyu

3oKIPs5awLl4NXoKZO.gif

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel

What you said about improving fps may be true but could cause some side-effects

The plugin may cause a degrade in the server performance and may cause it to crash every so often.

Most people want the hide plugin so they can "dodge" lazers better, but since GFL ZE is mostly T sided, not in favor of CT (That's what makes it fun), we probably don't need it

Edited by xSnowyAngel

13 minutes ago, xSnowyAngel said:

Honestly, we don't need it.

The plugin may cause a degrade in the server performance and may cause it to crash every so often.

Most people want the hide plugin so they can "dodge" lazers better, but since GFL ZE is mostly T sided, not in favor of CT, we probably don't need it

If you take a ready plugin (public version) - not surprisingly, he crash the server. The mapeadores (used Rewritten version)  enabled is not the first day, and there were dont crash  server. Any performance issues too.

There is an assumption that there are any problems with the performance of the server because of the unfinished plug-in. Because of what I'm writing here, for as far as I know, you have your own scripters, able to write like that. As an example, you can look at the map ze_minecraft_adventure. There's a similar thing, but the server dont crash

@xSnowyAngel, @P2ss, @Kim

Edited by Broccoli_nyu

3oKIPs5awLl4NXoKZO.gif

Posted  Edited by Potti

I think no need hide plugins for gfl . hide plugins on jp(maybe?), china server. their server has anime skins, so they need hide plugins, but gfl doesnt has anime skins. so no problems. (kek shit english sry.)

Edited by Potti

6 hours ago, Potti said:

I think no need hide plugins for gfl . hide plugins on jp(maybe?), china server. their server has anime skins, so they need hide plugins, but gfl doesnt has anime skins. so no problems. (kek shit english sry.)

Skins in any case prevent see anything, especially if any of the narrow space, and all the players are in one place.

Here is an example: map ze_sunlight At the end of the map, where you will find three bridge-going crowd players. And through them not seen absolutely nothing. So the problem is not in the anime skins.

Or, for example, there are maps where you have to jump over the abyss. In a crowd of players is difficult, as the skins do not allow you to see anything in front of him. Again - any skins.

Edited by Broccoli_nyu

3oKIPs5awLl4NXoKZO.gif

Posted  Edited by Potti
5 minutes ago, Broccoli_nyu said:

Skins in any case prevent see anything, especially if any of the narrow space, and all the players are in one place.

Here is an example: map ze_sunlight At the end of the map, where you will find three bridge-going crowd players. And through them not seen absolutely nothing. So the problem is not in the anime skins.

For me, i cant see only anime skins.(i can see well if i playing on gfl) yea when all the players are in same place it cant see it. but if we using hide plugins, it makes ze easy or dumb. 

I played many csgo ze server. and i used many times hide plugins, but its makes ze too easy. and many times using that plugins, dependence that plugins too much. Its not good for zombie escape. (sry shit english)

Edited by Potti

10 minutes ago, Potti said:

For me, i cant see only anime skins.(i can see well if i playing on gfl) yea when all the players are in same place it cant see it. but if we using hide plugins, it makes ze easy or dumb. (sry shit english)

What is easy? It somehow helps to hold the position, or maybe not die on bosses?

There are many maps where this feature would be useful. The same Mako Reactor, where you have to jump through the hole, before they go back to the elevator. Count up the ladder rises crowd people, and in this crowd have to either wait until you will not see, or jump in and hope for luck.

10 minutes ago, Potti said:

I played many csgo ze server. and i used many times hide plugins, but its makes ze too easy. and many times using that plugins, dependence that plugins too much. Its not good for zombie escape. (sry shit english)

I still can't understand how this plugin affect teamwork. If no  teamwork, the map does not pass only by the plugin.

Edited by Broccoli_nyu

3oKIPs5awLl4NXoKZO.gif

Posted  Edited by Potti
10 minutes ago, Broccoli_nyu said:

What is easy? It somehow helps to hold the position, or maybe not die on bosses?

There are many maps where this feature would be useful. The same Mako Reactor, where you have to jump through the hole, before they go back to the elevator. Count up the ladder rises crowd people, and in this crowd have to either wait until you will not see, or jump in and hope for luck.

I still can't understand how this plugin affect teamwork. If no command work, the map does not pass only by the plugin.

1. Just player's skill. Most of server doesnt has hide plugins, but their players can makes climb the ladders well. Just player's skill.

2. It can makes some troubles. Not good for teamworks and When They forgot un-hide players, it makes item troll .

I know good things. But i think its not good for gfl(actullay ze) I think. 

(sry shit english )

Edited by Potti

11 minutes ago, Potti said:

1. Just player's skill. Most of server doesnt has hide plugins, but their players can makes climb the ladders well. Just player's skill.

2. It can makes some troubles. Not good for teamworks. When They forgot un-hide players, it makes item troll .

I know good things. But i think its not good on gfl(actullay ze) I think. 

(sry shit english )

1. It was not originally about the ladders themselves, but about the fact that at some point you need to jump. And because of the players, you just can not see the place where you jump. Stand and wait for others to pass? You will wait for that, that you will be infested. Also, you see, a little pleasant.

2. How exactly can this trolling be realized? After all, not all players are hidden, but only those that are very close to you. Not those who stand somewhere out there, namely those that are near.
In this case, I remember, there is a plugin like entwatch. By the way, it does not disappear anywhere.

3. I still do not see at least one, objective reason why this plug-in is not needed.
It does not only help at certain moments, it also increases FPS. In addition, if the plugin is normal, then there should not be any problems with it. Mapeadores did something like this, a plugin that allows players to hide in the vicinity, and the server does not crash.
All the "against" that I see right now is "we are used to, and we do not want to change it". Is that really an argument? Seriously?

No. It'll dumb down ze. Play legit or quit.

It's just an excuse.

Edited by Broccoli_nyu

3oKIPs5awLl4NXoKZO.gif

Posted  Edited by Potti
34 minutes ago, Broccoli_nyu said:

1. It was not originally about the ladders themselves, but about the fact that at some point you need to jump. And because of the players, you just can not see the place where you jump. Stand and wait for others to pass? You will wait for that, that you will be infested. Also, you see, a little pleasant.

2. How exactly can this trolling be realized? After all, not all players are hidden, but only those that are very close to you. Not those who stand somewhere out there, namely those that are near.
In this case, I remember, there is a plugin like entwatch. By the way, it does not disappear anywhere.

3. I still do not see at least one, objective reason why this plug-in is not needed.
It does not only help at certain moments, it also increases FPS. In addition, if the plugin is normal, then there should not be any problems with it. Mapeadores did something like this, a plugin that allows players to hide in the vicinity, and the server does not crash.
All the "against" that I see right now is "we are used to, and we do not want to change it". Is that really an argument? Seriously?

It's just an excuse.

1. Exsample, on Mako, usually use ice and grav (wind, ice, grav) before the climb the ladder. So players has 2 more chance if they fail the jump. (I think they just need experience. they doesnt know what to do, they cant jump without hide plugins. yea hide plugins makes ez jumps, but they will dependence that plugins. so they cant jump without plugin(need to learn).)

2. Yes the plugin will hide very close ppl, but when we using hide plugin, its makes easily troll by the way(Not same situation on maps. its different.). (I cant explain well this shit. sry.)

3. I agree when using hide plugins, it makes increase fps. 

By the way, I just worry about player's are dependence that plugins. 

(Sry my english is bad. I cant explain well..)

Edited by Potti

Posted  Edited by Hydreigon
4 hours ago, Broccoli_nyu said:
4 hours ago, Broccoli_nyu said:

I still can't understand how this plugin affect teamwork. If no  teamwork, the map does not pass only by the plugin.

It's just an excuse.

At least 90% of my excuses are legitimate because of how long I been on ze. And even with a hide plugin, bullets block other players meaning players can blindly attempt to shoot zombies or bosses only to see that their bullets don't work.

Edited by Hydreigon

• 1 year later...
Posted  Edited by SparkyCloudy

Um excuseme i know this topic is very very long but i have 1 thing

Why not make every player alpha to 75% or to 50%? Maybe its will helping for improve some fps we dont need Hide Plugin

Sorry bad english and am new for ZE CSGO community THX 😄

Edited by SparkyCloudy

anime-clipart-thank-you-4.jpg

As of now, we are not really interested in adding any !hide plugins to the server. We would like everyone who joins our server to enjoy ZE with the normal difficulties of having 63 other player models present. If you are interested in tweaking the client-side models to your own preference, than @Potti has created a guide on how to get transparent models. This will only be seen on your own side and will have nothing to do with server.

"How to get client-side transparent models for CS:GO"

Keep in mind, this guide was created before the major UI and Game Mode overhauls by Valve. Please follow and tweak your models at your own discretion. 

19 minutes ago, reduct said:

We would like everyone who joins our server to enjoy ZE with the normal difficulties of having 63 other player models present.

There are 64 player models present if you use third person.

Posted  Edited by willywilson

My reasoning why !hide would be amazing for the server:

Number one reason: FPS, this is the ONLY server where I lag out and my movement literally goes to the side due to how bad my computer is, on literally any other server in go, I can use hide and it drastically improves my fps, and stops me from lagging and moving to the side. Out of all the servers on go that are popped: GFL, SG, GUC, MAPEA, PSE, RSS, 93X, ZED, etc. There are only TWO without !hide, GFL, and SG, and SG has seethrough playermodels (again not a fan that doesn't really help my fps). If someone cared enough about lasers, they could follow 

7 hours ago, reduct said:

in order to actually beat the lasers, and have an easier time doing it, or just play on another server where you can use hide.

No. It'll dumb down ze. Play legit or quit.

Does it dumb down gameplay? I don't think it impacts gameplay or "dumbs it down" so to speak because quite frankly there are very few spots where I see it giving you an actual gameplay advantage, and when it does (e.g. a bunch of players are stacked on top of you) it's usually because the team is doorhugging and the round is already pretty much lost. And if you're going to go as far as saying that !hide dumbs down straight up ze gameplay then why are there maps like crazy kart or mojo's minigames on a server dedicated to ZE, a mod about shooting zombies back, defending, and beating maps, those maps are both esentially minigame maps (I have no issue with them, infact I love crazy kart, but it's really not a ze map). Same goes for gris rtv, grau rtv, or tilex rtv, where there is almost NO shooting of zombies, if at all. Core gameplay wise, ze is a gamemode for shooting back zombies, defending, and knowing the maps, but these minigame maps and levels hardly if at all draw upon any elements of defending or zombies, turning being a zombie into more an exclusion from play rather than the pvp gamemode as ze has always been. If you're really going to be a purist about ze !hide is where you draw the line? 

7 hours ago, reduct said:

We would like everyone who joins our server to enjoy ZE with the normal difficulties of having 63 other player models present.

This in my opinion is a detriment to ze gameplay, other who suffer from low fps on gfl (almost exclusively as other servers have !hide, on here I quite literally look at the ground to move because of the boost it gives) I don't see this as a detriment to any gameplay at all, as there is almost no scenario where, if you're playing the map right and going to win the round, you're doorhugging with 40 other peeps on top of you, and the ability to !hide helps. If you want to complain about "normal difficulty" you should also reduce the gravity so that you have to crouch jump legitimately, something that would exponentially increase the difficulty on a lot of maps for newer players, a lot more than !hide would.

At this point, GFL and SG are the only two populated ze servers without !hide, and it is more a detriment to gameplay than making it a "challenge" the biggest challenge that comes from not having !hide are the fps drops I experience. If you want purist ze gameplay, remove the minigames maps and levels with a stripper, make people ACTUALLY crouch jump, and while we're at it, why not enable bhop too? That would really give a css purist ze experience.

Edited by willywilson