Elch

2nd server

Hi,

are there any thoughts of a 2nd server at the moment?

cause i cannot connect most of the time because 64/64

last weeks i login at evening 7 pm central european time and i simply cannot enter the server because its full full full

Is it possible to start a 2nd server, maybe 32 slot located eu?

i would think of not transfer all the maps there, maps which require a lot of players should remain on the mother server of course

just throw it in because i would like to play actually^^

:thumbsup:

/membership does not have nothing to do with serverslots right?

Not an CS:GO player but I do see CS:GO ZE server getting fulled 24/7 which is good thing but to be honest, this would honestly drown our donation but I do want to see 2nd server of CS:GO ZE server incase the 1st server gets fulled.

143068bf65422d15.gif.a4fec75c1555410601df14ff72e91bb9.gif

Posted  Edited by whim4life

Please Revive the EU server then.

I'm sure there will be a lot of player base in EU that would like to participate in it.

Just need some competent manager and some good player base that love to see it being revive!

Edited by whim4life

I have same opinion with whim because if you want to play on 2nd server it should be EU server. But tbh it wont be popular cause all pro people will still play on NA server. Even if server will get good ping for EU zombie escape tryhard players. This server will have problems with good managment. So :/But this idea is good! 

ZE once had an EU server, but it failed since the EU player base still liked going to the NA server. A few attempts were made to populate the EU server, but sadly these attempts never saw fruition and the server was eventually shut down.

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png

yes i know you kick afks and specs and so on

but despite that i am not able to join for several hours :D

and thats really a pity :o.O:

dunno if you need pro player for server, some friendly ones :D

as i know for some ppl from asia who cannot play gfl cause its so far away and ping is too bad :)

Posted  Edited by Potti
7 hours ago, Elch said:

yes i know you kick afks and specs and so on

but despite that i am not able to join for several hours :D

and thats really a pity :o.O:

dunno if you need pro player for server, some friendly ones :D

as i know for some ppl from asia who cannot play gfl cause its so far away and ping is too bad :)

kek i from asia also, but no problems playing on high ping.(for me. ik some players has problems playing on high ping lel)

Edited by Potti

if there isn't something unique or different at all about the eu server, there is no reason to have one. If one was made now (assuming it was a clone of this one, just with better ping for eu players) there wouldn't be a stable enough population at all as NA server players would have no reason to migrate. Furthermore, a majority of the player base is outside of north America, yet still chooses GFL over other servers like pse (wuck feeaboos) or mapeadores. 

having to handle 2 servers will be twice as hard as we do before, we already got our hands full in the US server as of the moment and we are currently under staff. reviving the EU would need to hire/train admins. not saying its not possible tho

Yes, an EU server was up and running. I can't remember the guys name that was managing it, but the settings were played around with to try to gain a playerbase.  I think a Pirates event was planned which got some interest, but everyone migrated back to the US server after and I felt bad for the guy because he really tried. Meanwhile, it might have peaked around 10-12 players on a good day, and you cant play ZE with so few. It's painful turning zombie every other round and nobody ever stuck around long enough to get its numbers up.

Eventually, like Wilford said, they started falling behind on uptdates and it was just a playground for the admins. I remember hearing about some pissed off europeans who were trying to play while the admins were training and messing around. They were not happy. I sometimes explored new maps over there like Frostdrake, but because I was the only one, I was always playing as a zombie.

Not to make GFL sound like some greedy enterprise, but donating is the best option out there. Reserved slot the moment you want to play is so worth it. With how much time I've spent playing on their servers, it feels like the least I could do with how many hours of entertainment I've gotten from it.

19 hours ago, Elch said:

Hi,

are there any thoughts of a 2nd server at the moment?

cause i cannot connect most of the time because 64/64

last weeks i login at evening 7 pm central european time and i simply cannot enter the server because its full full full

Is it possible to start a 2nd server, maybe 32 slot located eu?

i would think of not transfer all the maps there, maps which require a lot of players should remain on the mother server of course

just throw it in because i would like to play actually^^

:thumbsup:

/membership does not have nothing to do with serverslots right?

We had this server before, it didn't work. At most it had 15-20 players but due to ZE being itself it would require another team to keep the order and help it rise and a dedicated player base.

Achievements

6 hours ago, Flops said:

if there isn't something unique or different at all about the eu server, there is no reason to have one. If one was made now (assuming it was a clone of this one, just with better ping for eu players) there wouldn't be a stable enough population at all as NA server players would have no reason to migrate. Furthermore, a majority of the player base is outside of north America, yet still chooses GFL over other servers like pse (wuck feeaboos) or mapeadores. 

I dont say it must be special or something and the only reason i brought it up because the current server is very often full

And the reason to migrate would be better ping and that you could join^^

I only write that because it makes no sense what you write^^

And as there is no really good eu ze server, many play gfl :) , as i do

fe. mapadores is so op for humans...,not playable as zombie :(

--

Sry to hear that eu attempt already failed in past and ofc i keep the management arguments in mind :)

Thank you for your thoughts, opinions and background infos so far :)

• 4 weeks later...

I would be on the server with the most maximum threshhold of players. is there a server with MORE slots? I would be down.

bye plebs :steamsalty: :steammocking:

your profile is 33% complete!

5 minutes ago, Loccstan said:

is it possible for the server to support 128 players, does the game engine allow this? 

CSGO itself cannot handle much more than 64. Any more would result in lots of fps drop, possibly client crashes and server crashes.