upin

WTF?

What is a valid reason to lock the RPG surf server with a password and keeping others from playing it? No one is in the server and I think password protecting the server deters new players from even trying out the server. This is doing more damage than good. Something has to change and fast.

49 minutes ago, Sir_Meliodas said:

Did you read this? 

The server should not be down if no one is working on it. It should only be down long enough for people to work on it, other wise it should be up. If the server is down and the people responsible for the fix is playing other games while the server is down, is BS.

2 minutes ago, Twig said:

Time to bring in the wah-bulance

Who the fuk is whining? Since when was taking pride in a server, talking about its down fall because of the lack of attention it is getting, whining?

Stop whining just be happy it isn't being taken down (plus you get some shop points for this)

Blaze_Signature.jpg.db8c44f321653a55430a4ec6311211ab.jpg

Ad Infinitum

-Oneshot

31 minutes ago, BLAZE said:

Stop whining just be happy it isn't being taken down (plus you get some shop points for this)

I am not whining, and the way it is going, it will be taken down. Since I have been playing I have seen a steady decline of players after all of these unnecessary changes and I have talk to other players that feel the same as I do. We are losing more and more players because of the server not getting the adequate attention it needs, ie changes being made that players do not like, the changes not being made or being stuck in limbo. So unless you play on this server and actually know what the deal is, keep moving.

So why should a hurting server be locked while nothing is being to it for the time being?

Playing other games while this server is locked and in trouble is totally irresponsible.

1 hour ago, upin said:

I am not whining, and the way it is going, it will be taken down. Since I have been playing I have seen a steady decline of players after all of these unnecessary changes and I have talk to other players that feel the same as I do. We are losing more and more players because of the server not getting the adequate attention it needs, ie changes being made that players do not like, the changes not being made or being stuck in limbo. So unless you play on this server and actually know what the deal is, keep moving.

So why should a hurting server be locked while nothing is being to it for the time being?

Playing other games while this server is locked and in trouble is totally irresponsible.

I think it might be best if you stop responding.

Most of the time the manager will keep a server closed even with no players or work being done on it to check it's stability.

If it can't run with the new updates for a day with no players on, something is wrong.

Hope your day has been good so far, go ahead and move onto the next comment, I got nothin' for you anymore :) 

Posted  Edited by Baked

Managers and admins work hard everyday to keep a server clean and safe. Sometimes they don't have the time to do something right away,the most you can do is not be whining because they can't fix a problem or they're away.

Edited by Baked

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

ikilledroy.png.67c92b06382380dddcb1f8bf008bd063.png

noobs.png.0cf2d21bc81d219e9dd4ecbc869fc7fe.png

weirdserver.PNG.f1961b5cf0f22eb404ad0dcecc0c0f92.PNG

Interesting how I found this on SourceBans..

1khours.PNG.55315719558ceee643fe10faa7f9418b.PNG

signature.PNG.678535f00d34c4cd3e511ea8ce33b603.PNG

I SPENT 10 MINUTES TYPING A WELL EDUCATED COMEBACK TO A CHATBOX COMMENT AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?get rekt

sdadasdsadasd.gif.e8ae30d871c1e0c7058f2860a0c859f1.gif

360 turn one deag. Thanks Valve.(New application for Faze.)

592fa5f7b9714_giphy(11).gif.7fd2bb0984170a02502ade3c20d4719a.gif

You know what they say, the more orange juice you drink, the less percent you are to become a zombie. -Baked 2017

17 minutes ago, Baked said:

Managers and admins work hard everyday to keep a server clean and safe. Sometimes they don't have the time to do something right away,the most you can do is not be whining because they can't fix a problem or they're away.

I have been playing on this server for a while to know what is going on with it. I have run my own servers before, I am a computer programmer and study computer science in college so I do know a bit of what I am talking about when it comes to it should not be taking so long. I do keep a watch out of what admin are doing since I do have them on my list of friends. You can keep the childish "insults" in grade school. As far as working on the servers everyday, no. That's why I made an application to help out. The problems we are having on the server is not something that just started, it has been months. So again, if you don't know the deal, then keep your 2 cents to yourself.

Just now, upin said:

I have been playing on this server for a while to know what is going on with it. I have run my own servers before, I am a computer programmer and study computer science in college so I do know a bit of what I am talking about when it comes to it should not be taking so long. I do keep a watch out of what admin are doing since I do have them on my list of friends. You can keep the childish "insults" in grade school. As far as working on the servers everyday, no. That's why I made an application to help out. The problems we are having on the server is not something that just started, it has been months. So again, if you don't know the deal, then keep your 2 cents to yourself.

Still, no need to be rude. If you were a server manager you would know that they have a busy job.

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

I SPENT 10 MINUTES TYPING A WELL EDUCATED COMEBACK TO A CHATBOX COMMENT AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?get rekt

You know what they say, the more orange juice you drink, the less percent you are to become a zombie. -Baked 2017

1 hour ago, Unknown said:

I think it might be best if you stop responding.

Most of the time the manager will keep a server closed even with no players or work being done on it to check it's stability.

If it can't run with the new updates for a day with no players on, something is wrong.

I have been playing on this server for days on end. I have many hours timed played. I have seen the number of people leaving the server to go somewhere else. I have talked to other, people with rep with the server talking about leaving. Everything that people would like to see in this server is being done on other servers. If it takes so long to get anything working, then for them the choice is clear. I do not want to see more people walk away and see this server close like zm did.

Just now, upin said:

I have been playing on this server for days on end. I have many hours timed played. I have seen the number of people leaving the server to go somewhere else. I have talked to other, people with rep with the server talking about leaving. Everything that people would like to see in this server is being done on other servers. If it takes so long to get anything working, then for them the choice is clear. I do not want to see more people walk away and see this server close like zm did.

Servers dont die as often, especially when a manager or admin is just gone for a few because they have something to take care of.

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

3 minutes ago, Baked said:

Still, no need to be rude. If you were a server manager you would know that they have a busy job.

I was never rude. I know they have "jobs", but playing other games while the server is having trouble is not responsible, would you agree? If the servers are down, I would expect they would be working on them an not playing other games. If the responsibility is too much, then I think the job needs to be handed over to someone that can give the server the attention or at least add more people that can.

Posted  Edited by Baked

You can keep the childish "insults" in grade school"

Also they may not know and if they do and they are still not working on it they are probaly away doing personal LIFE things that people like you shouldn't be interupting over a server.

Don't you agree?

Edited by Baked

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

3 minutes ago, Baked said:

Servers dont die as often, especially when a manager or admin is just gone for a few because they have something to take care of.

How often do you play RPG surf? I have been play since last year and I have see it to almost full to 0 players after the massive overhaul. I have talked to the "OG" players, to the new players to players that are trying to stick around, and they want to leave. GFL is not the only rpg surf server and there are others with more daily players. They have the mods that players want to see on gfl servers, but its taking too long. Like I said, I have been admin on servers before, modding and making maps, it should not be taking so long to fix a server, when I say for so long, I am talking about since the overhaul was implemented.

I personally play on the CSGO RPG surf server but that makes no diffrence.

Servers are sometimes run diffrently and sometimes are run the same. I do not know how YOUR RPG server is managed but all the same it is no excuse to be a pain in the butt and keep complaining about something that the managers are un aware of or simply cannot reach his or her PC at the moment.

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

12 minutes ago, Baked said:

I personally play on the CSGO RPG surf server but that makes no diffrence.

Servers are sometimes run diffrently and sometimes are run the same. I do not know how YOUR RPG server is managed but all the same it is no excuse to be a pain in the butt and keep complaining about something that the managers are un aware of or simply cannot reach his or her PC at the moment.

You obvious do not know what is going on, so I think you should just stick with GO and leave this conversation to those that actually do play on this server and are being affected by what is going on. We have had players lose their levels, credits, then having to earn them back to just having them gone again. No, management is not the same across the board. Stop giving excuses for someone on something you lack knowledge of. I have every right to state my thesis on a server I spend my time and give my support on. If I do not take the initiative then whom will?

Posted  Edited by Joshy

@upin is bringing to attention a serious problem, and the responses to his thread reveals further issues with our community.  I personally don't see this as "whining", but lets stipulate that it is: He's giving the Staff a chance to save the server before he leaves too.  We also have to remember that...  even though this is the internet...  it's a rule of thumb in business, that only one in ten upset customers will be vocal about an issue, which means there are at least 9 others who are also upset about this situation.

The best response here is to thank him, and to keep him in the loop about these updates.  The server might be down for maintenance and it's great that there is an announcement about it...  what's the game plan?  I've never seen the server go down for maintenance longer than a brief minute or two, and definitely not for days on.  I'm not trying to step on Manslayer's toes here, but this is really bad and it does seem like our server is slipping.  This is largely the remainder of our CS:S division, and these are the most loyal players to our community as the game is outdated, after past sabotages, and still a very good selection of other RPG servers they can go to.

Is the RPG not available on AlliedModders?  This server didn't have too many customization and I suspect we could just start fresh to let players back on while it's tuned back to our old settings.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Look, Im not the one to do all of this.

I just don't like people that disrepect people that have NO idea what is going on or simply can't do something you are expecting.Yes I know it is their server to take care of but thats the reason for admins and operators.

Thank you for going out of your way to report a problem just don't be RUDE about it.

End of conversation.

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!