Shai

#ReviveCSS-SURFRPG

Posted (edited)

Let's revive this shit - I want to deny that this server is going to die.

It's very unfortunate to see that the GFL Surf CSS server is dead, I remember back in the days when I was bored and had enough of CSGO, GMod, I'd always come to the CSS Server of GFL and play for the fun and for being competitive, now it's not happening, why - Useless addons(I.E Shop), Bugs, The dramatic event that happened when the server was getting a reset when it wasn't the same date it's supposed to be, Poor modifications, poor xp modifications on some plugins(knive throwings and more)

 

Come on, @MrManslayerX do something and revive this community for gods' sake, do something useful as a Division Leader that can make people come back to the Surf CSS server and to regain it's popularity. The server may be dead now and people are bullshittin' that they won't come back, but if you do what the people say and remove the plugins that are un-needed for such a classic gamemode, maybe people will crawl back to this community and accept them with open hands #IBelieve

Edited by Shai
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't you ask for the Server Manager role and see if you can make it happen yourself?  This isn't just for you- It's for anyone who'd be interested.  I'm not, and I'm not willing; it's not unknown that I'm such a snob.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be more than happy to try and recruit a server manager, but that sort of thing needs to be a process that occurs over time. Can't just go and hire somebody right off the bat.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on board with trying to revive! I'll go down with the ship anyways!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Joshy said:

Why don't you ask for the Server Manager role and see if you can make it happen yourself?  This isn't just for you- It's for anyone who'd be interested.  I'm not, and I'm not willing; it's not unknown that I'm such a snob.

I am not certainly sure about that, I mean It seems to complicated and I want to help the server in a way but first let's see the server revived then hop in to these discussions of Server Managers roles :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

A plane without a pilot?  Good luck getting people to hop on board and hoping it lands safely by itself.  To me: This sounds like "Let us worry about the plane landing first and we'll talk about who's the pilot after."  I suppose, if the plane were taking a nose dive and I somehow wanted to be on that plane, then I'd probably at least try recovering control.  I know my analogies baffle people as nobody will die from the server failing, but I'm trying to exaggerate the concepts and mechanisms.  Why would anybody invest their time with our server when they could build a relationship with a community that has a more promising server?

 

In other words: If you want the server to come back to life...  lead the way.

Edited by Joshy
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few of the regular players have already moved on few are admins / mods in other server and communities now. Many applied here and never went anywhere I did disagree with a lot of choices made but I have always been willing to provide input and rode it out until I was let go, and honestly, I do not see it going anywhere with the way the community had been treated.

 

I ain't pointing fingers at nobody, Everyone had a part some how in fucking it up, If it can be fixed I am all for it, I loved it, was an amazing 3 years but again, A community in a dead game was killed off, That is fucking hard to fix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck with fixing the server ill play when people are on it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2017 at 10:16 AM, Joshy said:

Good luck getting people to hop on board

Jb did it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, _Eli said:

Jb did it

Which JB? CSS? No CSS JB Server so I assume CSGO. Easier to do with a game that is alive and healthy. People dont go out and buy CSS anymore. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Runda20 said:

Which JB

Gmod jb. We had me and @canman1151 and the other admins and once we got a play base then vio and zebra choose can for manager

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, _Eli said:

Gmod jb. We had me and @canman1151 and the other admins and once we got a play base then vio and zebra choose can for manager

There are no admins for this server. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Runda20 said:
1 minute ago, _Eli said:

 

There are no admins for this server. 

Problem 1. I agree with @MrManslayerX dou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, _Eli said:

Problem 1. I agree with @MrManslayerX dou

 

I think if you, or anyone posting in this thread who didn't play often, really knew what has happened in the last few months, you would understand that this is pretty far gone. You can only do so much as an admin, keeping a player base is not possible when most have moved on and are now admins or mods in a different community. None of the normal players are gonna want to come back and waste more time after trying endlessly and having a hope in reviving Surf for months until there are 15-20 people on normally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2017 at 11:56 PM, MrManslayerX said:

I'd be more than happy to try and recruit a server manager, but that sort of thing needs to be a process that occurs over time. Can't just go and hire somebody right off the bat.

Like dubs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Runda20 said:

 

I think if you, or anyone posting in this thread who didn't play often, really knew what has happened in the last few months, you would understand that this is pretty far gone. You can only do so much as an admin, keeping a player base is not possible when most have moved on and are now admins or mods in a different community. None of the normal players are gonna want to come back and waste more time after trying endlessly and having a hope in reviving Surf for months until there are 15-20 people on normally. 

People have moved on. The ones I have talked to do not want to come back. They have found a new home. As for me, well shit happens, f'd around with coding, forgot to close it out, got myself banned!!! On the bright side, I got my code debugged! As for now, I think I will help someone join my free wifi. :ninja: Got root? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be someone's last chance to step up if they've been itching to try it.  Take a look at what has been happening: If you stay on course, then you know what this'll likely converge to; at least, if you tried, then failure isn't a guarantee.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Joshy said:

This could be someone's last chance to step up if they've been itching to try it.  Take a look at what has been happening: If you stay on course, then you know what this'll likely converge to; at least, if you tried, then failure isn't a guarantee.

It is not like it can get any worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan on getting CSS as soon as I get enough money. It sounds great and I am an addict to RPG Surf. I try very hard to keep the CSGO Rpg Surf server active and alive and I'd like to help out the CSS version as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Baked said:

I plan on getting CSS as soon as I get enough money. It sounds great and I am an addict to RPG Surf. I try very hard to keep the CSGO Rpg Surf server active and alive and I'd like to help out the CSS version as well.

They do get active but there are things on the server that the players are upset about having it on there. I presume that it's still there because not sure if manager removed it before he retired. It's not as active as it used to be. After the downfall of CSS, it's like this for awhile along with the changes on the server.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd apply for an Admin or for a Server Manager role, but I dont fit for it and currently an admin in GMod in a Serious-Roleplay community so, rest :/

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Shai said:

I'd apply for an Admin or for a Server Manager role, but I dont fit for it and currently an admin in GMod in a Serious-Roleplay community so, rest :/

Ah, it's cool. We'll see what'll happen if @Thomasdavid097 can respond. 🤡

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you're more then welcome to apply for admin and help out, I'm working on getting someone manager already and will try and keep the cs:s surf rpg community updated, I hope the players will like the new manager that is added.

 

sorry if the server isn't how you like it, we are working really hard on trying to fix it all.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2017 at 4:10 PM, Thomasdavid097 said:

you're more then welcome to apply for admin and help out, I'm working on getting someone manager already and will try and keep the cs:s surf rpg community updated, I hope the players will like the new manager that is added.

 

sorry if the server isn't how you like it, we are working really hard on trying to fix it all.

who is the new manager?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now