Bae

Contest Subsection

I would like to request a sub forum section under Art. Please I would love it to be named Contests or Art Contests, doesn't quite matter. The reason being is that there would be multiple contests that'll be ongoing in the future and I do not want it to cluster the main art section. 

The current contest:

Art of the Month

Future Contest:

Story of the Month

Signature of the Week

1v1 Call-Out Challenges

Photography of the Month

And so on.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

33 minutes ago, Bae said:

I would like to request a sub forum section under Art. Please I would love it to be named Contests or Art Contests, doesn't quite matter. The reason being is that there would be multiple contests that'll be ongoing in the future and I do not want it to cluster the main art section. 

The current contest:

Art of the Month

Future Contest:

Story of the Month

Signature of the Week

1v1 Call-Out Challenges

Photography of the Month

And so on.

I like this idea

- Triggered -

Creative Team (GFX) 

Former Hide and Seek Manager 

Former Purge Admin

PM me for personal requests

Idk like it kinda sucks 2 suck unless you like sucking :B|:

Fᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤ

I don't know why I'm so nice by continuing some of my advising, I guess I just really like you, @Bae :B|: .

The problem I've had with a lot of ideas is that they are too narrow.  Imagine if there is a sub-forum for everything and every kind of contest?  These forums are already large enough and many areas of it are accumulating dust.  Large forums make us look effectively inactive, and this turns away business.  Think of it like this (another one of Joshy's silly analogies): You walk into two retail stores...  The first retail store is small, but the shelves look full; the second is a large retail store, but everything is really spread out and the shelves look empty.  Both stores could have the same quantity and selection of items, but I'll always have a bias where I think the larger store is "out of stock" on things or doesn't have a good selection merely because the shelves "look" empty.

What you can really do to evolve this idea, but still preserve the concentration of its mechanism...  namely the "event" part of it (again: mechanism)...  is to make an "Events" forum category.  For that matter: I think this could really absorb the "Giveaway" forums because most seem to end up being some kind of contest and anyways, and people could still make an "event" where they are giving away something for free; that category has been a bit slow lately anyways.  We'd lose nothing much like the success of our proof of concept with Member Activity forums absorbing Introduction (people can introduce their self AND update the community with their activity), which keeps up looking very active and busy.  It could also localize events that are scattered across the boards and attract people from other games and modes (I find that people within their own game and mode are already familiar with upcoming events anyways).  We can achieve additional functionality without having to add categories.  Visitors and potential members prefer active communities, and that's something you want to project when a person scrolls through the boards the first time and each following time.

My personal opinion is the staff members have not done a very good job at this given one was promoted to Directorate and the other is admittedly busy (these are fair reasons and it wouldn't be right to blame them for it, but it's safe to say that the roles aren't be fulfilled very well).  I think your idea is a pretty good one, and it can be optimized to be a bit more effective; it'll also be a good follow up in response to that announcement.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

@Joshy I originally wanted to have different sections but was told it was too much so I narrowed it down. Originally this was supposed to be the plan of the forum subsections:

Creative Team

- Art

- Contests

- Art of the Month

- Closed Contests/Submission/Themes

- Signature of the Week

- Closed Contests/Submission/Themes

- Request

- Open

- Closed

- Tutorial/Support

- School

- Level One

- Level Two

- Level Three

- Level Four

- Resources

- Media

Something like that.  But because of how there's way too much, I narrowed it down and put the priority in first. 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements