Severely_Artistic

Minecraft Division

Minecraft Division  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Make a Minecraft division?

Hi there.

So, I had this thought floating around my head for some time. I planned to bring it up at the community meeting, but unfortunately had to go mid way. When I was looking through the divisions a few months ago, I didn't know the Minecraft division was taken down. I didn't know why either. I definitely remember there being a server though.

I'd like to see the division be brought back. Let's be honest here, Minecraft has a very large potential for revenue from donations and we have the ability to start it up better than most servers. I am sure people will agree with me on this part specifically, along with anyone who might miss it. To the people who will disagree with this, I ask that you don't vote against this because you don't like the game. Just because you don't like Minecraft or think it's cringy doesn't mean others don't.

Now then, I'm going to answer a few questions about this before they are asked because I feel as though they will be (I made a post long ago in Garry's Mod about making a WalkingDeadRP server and these questions were asked, so I'll go of that).

1.) There are plenty of plugins to use.

2.) Administration differs based off gamemode (minigames, pvp, prison, etc).

3.) There is a beautiful market on Minecraft and plenty of willing donators (these are kids we're working with).

4.) Although there are plenty other servers, there are also plenty of players looking for new ones and ones that they like/communities they like.

5.) This should not be difficult to expand into.

6.) There are more than likely players in GFL who would want this.

7.) We have people more than capable of the position for Server Manager.

It's best to start off in Vanilla Minecraft, then hopefully move onto modded later.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

QieICm4iRd6R572F6QZmzQ.png

qIbaita.gif

For ad revenue, I'd say yeah, do it. It may attract younger audiences though

JerryBomb.png.e376b34f3abbf909e911ca905e69e9b5.png.148c6b4cfc47ce26dbdfacd59a6ef633.pngCreative Team of GFL.

That's it.

Achievements

Although from a revenue stand point this has loads of potential, I feel like this would have a bad look on GFL.

3.) There is a beautiful market on Minecraft and plenty of willing donators (these are kids we're working with).

You need to think about this, how low are we willing to go? I feel like this idea is more for 'profit' then actually helping the community.

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

1 minute ago, Bigtime388 said:

Minecraft has been tried many times and managed by multiple people and each time it has failed. So in my opinion it would be a waste.

Every time though we do it the wrong way just do it right easier said then done though.

Achievements

6 minutes ago, Bigtime388 said:

Minecraft has been tried many times and managed by multiple people and each time it has failed. So in my opinion it would be a waste.

Yes, but that was in the far past. Minecraft has grown since and has become more developed, and we have more staff who can give it a try and make it work like myself. Just cuz it didn't work a year ago doesn't mean it wouldn't work now.

7 minutes ago, nekos_number_1_bitchboi said:

Although from a revenue stand point this has loads of potential, I feel like this would have a bad look on GFL.

You need to think about this, how low are we willing to go? I feel like this idea is more for 'profit' then actually helping the community.

What do you mean by "bad look"? Who is the one assigning to us a bad look exactly? Apparently getting a Minecraft server would ruin our reputation then or am I mistaken cuz that's what it sounds like.

I don't understand what you mean by "more for profit then actually helping the community". This isn't a business. People will enjoy themselves and have fun while the server makes money and grows out the community making it more diverse. I don't see a problem here.

8 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

Every time though we do it the wrong way just do it right easier said then done though.

Just saw. That helps.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

qIbaita.gif

isn't against mojang ToS to sell money in-game for real money? 

I don't support this since it was tried so many times, what would be different this time?

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

I say no. We had done this multiple times, even I try running it but only failed as I had no help from who was actually manager and didn't get any okay on what I could do.... If we do this again, it may just end up in the trash like last time.

swegbuster1.png

Just now, Pyros said:

I don't support this since it was tried so many times, what would be different this time?

People fail stuff all the time but when you do it right that one time it works forever

Achievements

14 minutes ago, Pyros said:

13 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

People fail stuff all the time but when you do it right that one time it works forever

Please actually take time to read.

18 minutes ago, Severely_Artistic said:

Yes, but that was in the far past. Minecraft has grown since and has become more developed, and we have more staff who can give it a try and make it work like myself. Just cuz it didn't work a year ago doesn't mean it wouldn't work now.

When exactly was "last time"? A year ago? According to Darkling it was Summer 2016. Also, by what I hear, SoJa was the one who shut it down a lot (according to rapperdan) and he was also an ass director. Now that we have new directors and new people in charge, we can make shit work.

This ridiculous amount of skepticism is what's gonna keep the community in one place. If we plan on expanding to things people actually like, we need to step out of this conservative bubble of ours.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

qIbaita.gif

I'm mixed on this. 

Yes, we've tried in the past, but that doesn't mean anything. We had lack of support with minecraft, and last time we've had it, the server was revealed too much early. 

But then again, we don't even have anything yet for the server. We need developers and dedicated builders. Everything these day will charge for money. We don't have anything required for MC. It takes more than that. I'm mixed, as I've said. It will need to be decided by staff team members about this, as I would assume. 

We have enough equipment to host the server, but we don't have what it needs. 

76561198043643390.png

1 hour ago, Severely_Artistic said:

Also, by what I hear, SoJa was the one who shut it down a lot (according to rapperdan) and he was also an ass director. Now that we have new directors and new people in charge, we can make shit work.

Not true. SoJa just didnt pay for the box, no one really cared since it was dead. 

Its a no for me. Im all for the "just because it failed before doesnt mean it will always fail in the future"  ideology but minecraft is not the kind of community we want to expand into nor is it worth the resources. The majority of the new and old staff can agree to this.

Image result for roo emotes

Achievements

Im no big fan of Minecraft but I thought it will be nice to have a server that's more on the family friendly side. Great idea.

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

ikilledroy.png.67c92b06382380dddcb1f8bf008bd063.png

noobs.png.0cf2d21bc81d219e9dd4ecbc869fc7fe.png

weirdserver.PNG.f1961b5cf0f22eb404ad0dcecc0c0f92.PNG

Interesting how I found this on SourceBans..

1khours.PNG.55315719558ceee643fe10faa7f9418b.PNG

signature.PNG.678535f00d34c4cd3e511ea8ce33b603.PNG

I SPENT 10 MINUTES TYPING A WELL EDUCATED COMEBACK TO A CHATBOX COMMENT AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?get rekt

sdadasdsadasd.gif.e8ae30d871c1e0c7058f2860a0c859f1.gif

360 turn one deag. Thanks Valve.(New application for Faze.)

592fa5f7b9714_giphy(11).gif.7fd2bb0984170a02502ade3c20d4719a.gif

You know what they say, the more orange juice you drink, the less percent you are to become a zombie. -Baked 2017

21 minutes ago, HackingPotato said:

Not true. SoJa just didnt pay for the box, no one really cared since it was dead. 

Its a no for me. Im all for the "just because it failed before doesnt mean it will always fail in the future"  ideology but minecraft is not the kind of community we want to expand into nor is it worth the resources. The majority of the new and old staff can agree to this.

Well, the community should be the ones to decide on what server they want, not just limited to the staff. 

Why wouldn't Minecraft be the kind of community to expand to anyway? It's family friendly, all ages, and plenty of new kinds of servers to try out now.

There are plenty of new staff with the potential/ability to tackle Minecraft. There's no way you guys can say none of the staff have the ability to take it on or become the best.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

qIbaita.gif

Just now, Severely_Artistic said:

Well, the community should be the ones to decide on what server they want, not just limited to the staff. 

Why wouldn't Minecraft be the kind of community to expand to anyway? It's family friendly, all ages, and plenty of new kinds of servers to try out now.

There are plenty of new staff with the potential/ability to tackle Minecraft. There's no way you guys can say none of the staff have the ability to take it on or become the best.

The community itself wanted all these minecraft servers. We ran them and manage them. No one came on.......... It doesnt matter how much you complain about minecraft or whatever. If it doesn't work, and doesn't bring in population. It going to be shut down. We can't host a dead server, no matter how much the community wants it. The staff is busy with current projects, we don't want to overwhelm them now do we?

swegbuster1.png

18 minutes ago, SwegBuster said:

The community itself wanted all these minecraft servers. We ran them and manage them. No one came on.......... It doesnt matter how much you complain about minecraft or whatever. If it doesn't work, and doesn't bring in population. It going to be shut down. We can't host a dead server, no matter how much the community wants it. The staff is busy with current projects, we don't want to overwhelm them now do we?

Then get willing staff on the job. Look for the ones who can do it or even get new ones. The server manager for it can easily choose who s/he wants.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

qIbaita.gif

55 minutes ago, Severely_Artistic said:

Then get willing staff on the job. Look for the ones who can do it or even get new ones. The server manager for it can easily choose who s/he wants.

The willing staff you are talking about is busy with other stuff...... We aren't going to just let anyone take over minecraft. They have to at least be trusted to a point. Getting new staff doesn't just fall out of the sky. I rather have a vetted staff team than anything. We do have a non-official FTB minecraft server, but I still don't think in any official capacity we should have a division yet. We would have to have a lot of resources, plus general donations to fund it. I mean we could run a server for it, but we would still need something to be in return. I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

swegbuster1.png

No. This is just insanity (literally).

A person tries to make something work that has failed every time before and hoping for a different result is insanity.

759110999_GFLSignature.png.5f98a0d75491ad7bc17aaf7a35c1f7bf.png

Thank you @AceOfSpadesMM for the signature! Very much appreciated.