Darkling

Voting for Art of the Month

Posted  Edited by Darkling - Edit Reason: Shuruia instead of Fuuko

Entries

The submissions by each person will be hidden in a spoiler tag to save room.

@Leks

Two Stupid Uncles Running to the Beat

A Short Story

by

Leks 

Rick was thinking about Roy again. Roy was a brave teacher with ample toes and blonde lips.

Rick walked over to the window and reflected on his silly surroundings. He had always hated GFL with its ill, stupid idiots. It was a place that encouraged his tendency to feel sad.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the brave figure of Roy.

Rick gulped. He glanced at his own reflection. He was an intuitive, arrogant, squash drinker with beautiful toes and sticky lips. His friends saw him as a green, giant gamer. Once, he had even made a cup of tea for a kaleidoscopic baby bird.

But not even an intuitive person who had once made a cup of tea for a kaleidoscopic baby bird, was prepared for what Roy had in store today.

The clouds danced like thinking frogs, making Rick worried. Rick grabbed a bright gun that had been strewn nearby; he massaged it with his fingers.

As Rick stepped outside and Roy came closer, he could see the pretty glint in her eye.

"I am here because I want a kiss," Roy bellowed, in a mean tone. She slammed her fist against Rick's chest, with the force of 5546 cats. "I frigging hate you, Rick."

Rick looked back, even more worried and still fingering the bright gun. "Roy, I am your father," he replied.

They looked at each other with happy feelings, like two ratty, raw rats bopping at a very virtuous wedding, which had indie music playing in the background and two stupid uncles running to the beat.

Suddenly, Roy lunged forward and tried to punch Rick in the face. Quickly, Rick grabbed the bright gun and brought it down on Roy's skull.

Roy's ample toes trembled and her blonde lips wobbled. She looked sneezy, her body raw like a steamed, sweet sandwich.

Then she let out an agonising groan and collapsed onto the ground. Moments later Roy was dead.

Rick went back inside and made himself a nice beaker of squash.

end

@Severely_Artistic

Cast/Mentions: @Violator @Xy_ @Kubnair @MooTheCow @Bunnynator @Windeetree @PB-n-J @WholeMilk @EJ. (I might edit more people in later)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50 Shades of Violator

The Artistic Farm Story

By Severely Artistic

Author's Note: Yes

The sun rises once more on Artistic's farm. Artistic the Autistic Farmer had been rocking back and forth in his chair on his chair while relaxing to the view of his farm. He had taken his medicine earlier, so he's a lot less hyper. Around the house, animals roam freely in the acres of land. Artistic had chosen his favorite ones and named them. He has Kubnair the Goat, Moo the Cow, and Bunnynator the Bunny. Oh, and of course there is a great oak tree that lays by his house named the Windy Tree. It has an amazing history to be told in a different time. After feeding them some weird food he had bought from the GFL Supermarket, they learned to speak. Artistic had even put the food in his ever-lasting sandwich named PB-n-J, along with a carton of milk he just calls WholeMilk and his talking pickle, EJ. So many things around him had been able to speak!

After some time in the morning passed, Artistic had gotten up and went back into his house to see what's on the news. While he laid there, the animals talked about how bored they were around the farm.

"What is there to even do around here? No one comes out this far." says Bunnynator. The others just sigh in agreement.

"Oh I have an idea! Why don't we check out what's in the new barn Artistic was building? Maybe there's something fun in there." Kubnair asked the others. Bunnynator and Moo follow Kubnair over to the barn. It's appearance seemed almost haunted with how bad the condition of the wood was in.

"I have a bad feeling about this... Ma-Maybe we should ask first..." Moo says anxiously. Kubnair and Bunny pretend they didn't hear Moo and kept going. Bunny jumps up and opens the Barn door and they all walk in. Kubnair sniffs the air.

"Why does it smell so bad in here?" asks Kubnair.

"Careful! Some of the pieces roof is falling down!" Bunny tells Kubnair as he dodges a wooden plank tumbling from the barn roof.

"I'm telling ya this place is no good!" exclaims Moo. All three of them stay close with their guard up. "Ever thought there's a reason why there's a 'KEEP OUT' sign outside?"

"YOU CAN READ?" a synchronized yell emits from Kubnair and Bunny. Surprised as they may seem, Moo was equally surprised that they couldn't read.

"I forgot about stuff a lot sometimes sorry!" replies Moo, rolling his eyes.

"Well, what does this say then?" Kubnair points to a sign next to large barrels and a button.

"Uhhh it says T... N... T? What's that?" Moo asks. Suddenly, the door flies open and the three of them hide as Artistic walks in whistling. He held a clipboard with a to do list. The top part read " [  ] Blow barn up and start over".

"What's that button on the remote do? Why is he walking away with it?" Kubnair wonders nervously. Suddenly, a stopwatch alarm clock next to the three begins counting down from 20 seconds. Moo reads it.

"Guys... I just remembered... TNT is an explosive... And that clock is counting down like in those movies! RUN!" Moo screams at the others. All three of the animals burst through the door and jump out and fall flat on the ground. Artistic, in extreme shock, rushes to get all three of them up and get out of the bomb radius. BOOM! An explosion goes off as the three get down on the ground, just in time.

"Come on you three! Don't freak me out like that! I had a keep out sign for a reason. Can't Moo read?" Artistic tells the three. Moo nods in sorrow, along with the other two.

"We're sorry... It was my idea. It's just that, it had gotten so bored and we didn't know what to do." Kubnair depressingly tells Artistic. Artistic sighs and pets them on their heads.

"It's ok you three. But next time, ask, ok?" The three nod to Artistic. "Now run along. I'll try to find ya something." Artistic heads back to his house and goes inside. At this moment, a woman by the name of Xy had pulled up to the front of the house to see the Windy Tree. The tree rarely spoke when there isn't a celebration of some sort. Artistic comes out and talks to the woman.

"Hey there. You're that Xy girl right?" Artistic asks.

"Yes. I've heard that you planted Windy Tree on your land and I visit it every day, so I figured I'd stop by." Xy tells Artistic. He nods in response.

"Well, you can come by any time to visit it. Oh, you should at least meet the residents here though. Just a second." Artistic heads over to the farm really quick and returns with Kubnair. "Xy, this is Kubnair, my goat. Say hi Kubnair."

"Hi." says Kubnair. Xy is amazed to see a talking goat.

"Hi! That's amazing... a talking goat. Do you want to play with some rubber tires? I have some old ones in my car I was gonna throw out." Kubnair nods in excitement and Xy retrieves the tires and puts them on the grass.

"Thanks!" Kubnair runs back to the grass and rolls the rubber tires further out. Xy smiles and continues to talk with Artistic about things going on in her life.

Kubnair, Moo, and Bunny all occupy themselves with the rubber tires. Artistic builds a mini park, inspired by the idea, so the animals enjoy themselves. The sun sets once more with the clouds closing in and the farm goes to sleep once more.

The End

@GOKU

New Beginning

By: Goku

The room was silent. As the clock ticked by slowly, I glanced at the clock on the wall. It was 11:59 pm at night. Was it not 10 pm the last time I checked? I am sitting on my soft leather straight chair rocking back and forth. It made a soft creaking sound with each push. The smell of rose filled the air from the glade plug-in located beside my desk. The thing that stands out the most in my room are the four-symmetrical country blue walls, which are accented with colors that seemed to jump off the walls. Shelves filled with books from a wall beside the door – topped by a number of decorative accessories. Yet nothing obscures the whiteness of these walls quite as good as the furnishing which fills the room. I let out a deep sigh still not knowing if I should sign these papers. These papers will give me a new beginning or maybe lead to a better life.

Last night I had a fight with my wife in this same room I am sitting in. Apparently, I had checked my bank balance yesterday and from nine thousand it went to one thousand in just one week. When my wife came back, I asked her, “WHY IS MY BANK BALANCE SO LOW?!?!” She replied, “Its because I bought high quality make up sets, dress and shoes”.

“Do you have any idea how hard I work my butt off to earn money?”

“Yes, I do know. So why are you making a big issue about it? Just relax”.

After hearing all this I get angry looking at her smiling and typing on her mobile phone. I snatch her expensive phone and throw it on the ground. It made a loud cracking sound as it hit the floor. The phone had an apple behind it. Maybe it was the company logo. My wife stares at me in horror. She then gets up and gets angry and then we both get into a fight. Venessa leaves the house slamming the door behind her. She gets into the shiny, black BMW that I bought and speeds off.

What a bad night that was. I look at the marriage photo of me and Venessa that sits on the dresser. She looked pretty with the red lipstick and the white gown she was wearing. Her nails matched the lipstick. I go back in time to the good, old memories. Like the time, I proposed to her. We were sitting in an restaurant. When I breathe in the aroma of the Italian food it always reminds me of how hungry I am. The uniquely textured walls produced a smooth look. The viny plants that clasped to the wall ever so freely gave a natural appearance. The marble tiled floor beneath gave the restaurant a clean yet warm look. Romantic music was being played in the background. After eating I took out the Three-Gemstone ring, also known as the trinity or trilogy ring. This design supported a trio of gemstones. I proposed to her and asked her “Will you marry me” She replied, “Yes honey, I will marry you”

I come back to my senses. The clock strikes 8. The sun had just risen above the houses. I finally make a decision now. I can not live in the past anymore. I must move forward. I sign the papers and when she woke up, I gave them to her. Her mouth opened and a small sound came out. I observed the hurt in her eyes. Tears started rolling down her soft cheek. This was what I had expected. I felt a deep sense of guilt, but I couldn’t do anything about it. The women who had spent ten years of her life with me was now a stranger crying on my bed. I felt sorry for her wasted time and energy, but it was time for me to start a new life. One better then before.

Please Like if you enjoyed reading this was also submitted as my school work. Also guess what the papers are lol.

@Duc2000

I made this because I just had some thoughts. This is them into words that I could write and explain. 

For them

Harriet looked out the window and sighed. It had been over a decade since her husband had left her. She had barely managed to cope and had to care for three young boys as well. She had to lie to them and say he was kidnapped. Harriet looked back at her old flip phone. A text appeared. 

"Are you getting ready for tonight?" it read. 

She groaned. She would have to leave in an hour to make it to the club. Good thing the boys were asleep. She put the phone away. She checked her purse. Not enough for food. Hopefully she could make some tonight. She sighed again. The picture of her, the boys and her husband stared at her in her wallet. 

Harriet began to weep, remembering the day it was taken. The boys wouldn't do it unless they were promised ice cream. She remembered after wards, when Tom, the youngest one, asked for the largest sundae they had. He ate it all and threw up on the table. She couldn't help but laugh, and the others, even Tom laughed. Then she remembered Tom and started to weep again. A memory of him came to her.

Tom looked at her. His love was obvious in his eyes… or was it? Harriet didn't realize it at the time. Tom reached over and tapped her on the shoulder. 

"What are you thinking?" he asked. 

"I'm thinking we should head to the beach for the weekend" She said. 

He nodded. "Better start packing. "

She went and told the bous. They were so happy. On that very trip he left them forever. 

Her phone dinged. Time to go. She hoped maybe the things she did now would insure that the boys would have a better future and life than hers. She got up and left.

@EJ. 

EJ's AOTM Short (Long) Story

@Baked

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sIo0lnWYmTUFqQmp59F_VEpvjomDH8ClV42GxTyxw5c/edit?usp=sharing

@Kubnair

Title: Escape From Site 19

Genre: Horror, Comedy

Characters: @Kubnair @Roy @RickGrimesTM @Violator @Xy_ @Severely_Artistic @Darkling @Monsoon @Kite9867@Gekkota-Senpai @Winter and @TomRiddle

Note: I may not know some of you good, Sorry for adding you in and even tagging you cough tom cough but I thought since I'm adding darkling there was no way I was leaving you out.

It was a normal night for me at 12:30 AM. My day usually begins at 12:30 AM. I hopped on GFL’s GMod Breach server and I saw the usual. Most of the server was full of admins and super-admins with maybe 1 or 2 regular players. I was greeted by everybody except for the (as usual AFK) Violator. Then it happened,  just as the round started a lightning strike. It was so random, no rain, no thunder just a sudden lightning strike. It struck my laptop and shocked me along with it. I instantly went unconscious and when I woke up, I was astonished. I was in prison gear lying down in a long corridor. I also saw 2-3 other people and we all came back to our senses at the same time. We woke up groaning, staring at our clothes and around us in shock. We ... we were... in the game.. I always wanted to meet the people I see on GFL but... not like this... I quickly noticed a small boy and he was in tears. I assumed this boy to be gecko. I walked up to him and tried calming him, but he pushed me back and yelled “don't touch me”. I noticed all of us were prisoners... that made me think there may not be any SCPs ( Monsters) roaming around. I decided the best plan of action was to find a way out of this place. Site 19... feels so familiar but I've never been here before. People were already freaking out and I noticed Rick and Roy ran off on their own. We tried stopping them but we couldn't. They said we needed to run in order to live. Yes we wanted to live but most of us knew running wouldn't help. We would have ran if we knew what was coming.. from a distance I see this creature about 8 feet tall completely white coming towards us. I could tell it was SCP 096 ( a monster which only kills when stared at). I told everyone to not look at it and walk away. I turned around and ran. Severely, Kunkko, Xy, Winter, and Monsoon followed me.

Darkling and Tom were in a completely other world. Both of them were acting like this is only a game and Darkling told Tom "come on Tom, let’s go on our own! This'll be an adventure!". Tom held Darklings hand and they ran in another direction on their own. The other people who didn't follow us were Kite, Gecko, and Violator. Kite respected Violator and wasn't going to let him die. Violator was AFK of course so Kite tried lifting him and taking him but he was foolish enough to turn and look at the monster which was right beside him. It let out a frightening shriek and swiped Kite’s head out clean and then did some unspeakably bad things to Violator resulting in both Kite and Violator dying. Meanwhile, the young boy Gecko was too traumatized to even move. He was sitting in a corner bawling out tears, crying for help but he didn't take his eyes off the monster which resulted in the poor child dying.

I managed to find a keycard in the usual spawn and we saw Rick and Roy again. Both of them locked themselves inside a room with guns. I had a keycard so I opened the room and when I went in, Rick shot a warning shot on the floor and told me “get lost Kub this is a director only zone mate!”. I had no choice but to leave with the rest of my group. All of a sudden Winter turns around and runs into the room with Rick and Roy just as they were about to lock it again and Winter yelled " I'M STAYING HERE, THEY WOULDN'T SHOOT A KID! " *BANG* *BANG*. Gunshots are heard. I hear Roy yell "Is that proof enough for ya Kub? We ain't kidding, if we see you guys again, we'll kill ya! " We decide to go to another room to haul up and come up with a plan. We find a room but we also find a monster. It's a small cute teddy bear from a distance. Once we got closer we see it was made of ears. We ran to the room and I locked the door with the keycard but I heard a scream “NO! NO! Please! OPEN UP!”. I realized we left XY out. But I hated him so I yelled out “THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR STEALING MY MANAGER!”. XY yells back "KUB THIS ISN'T THE TIME FOR THAT I AM ABOUT TO DIE PLEASE!".

“Tough luck” I say, as I hear him crying while the teddy bear screeched. The screech was so loud I heard blood splatter undoubtedly from XY and his last words were “kub.. Please..”.

“Why Kub? Why did you not let him in?” Monsoon exclaimed!

I told him it wasn't personal, I just didn't want to risk the teddy bear getting in. After calming everyone down we open the room and decide to escape. We run towards the main exit but we had to cross a tunnel first. In the tunnel we see Rick and Roy. They may have done messed up stuff but that didn't matter we had to get out so I asked them to join us. Rick and Roy refused. We didn't care, we wanted out so we ran in a long narrow tunnel. While running, we turned and noticed a HUGE crocodile. It jumped out and bit Roy on the leg and dragged him down.

“YOU WON'T KILL ME!” yelled Roy as he pulled out a knife and stabbed it repeatedly.

Stabbing the crocodile did not harm it.. Rick wasn't going to leave his best friend behind. He tried shooting the monster but he had never shot a gun before. Therefore, his shot landed right on Roy's head, killing him.

“No!” screamed Rick!  

The crocodile grunted and left Roy's dead body. With superhuman speed the crocodile jumped and completely finished Rick off. We had no time so we turned around and ran for the big gate.

We opened it and got a breath of fresh air. We see Tom and Darkling sitting outside on a ledge holding hands as we finish up locking the gate. It's amazing how they are so calm. We yell out from a distance “Hey!”. Tom turns around with a smile but then suddenly Darkling yells “AH!”. The sudden screams freaked Darkling out and  he held onto Tom's hand as they fell off the ledge right to their deaths. It was a sad sight but nothing could be done. If only 4 of us got out, so be it. We turned and ran to the exit. Severely tells me he has a bad feeling about this but I assure him it's our only shot. He agrees as we run to the big exit. Instantly we all blacked out. Then I wake up....

“NOOOOOOOOO!” I yell as I stare at myself still wearing the prison gear still in Site 19.

There truly is no escape.

Thank you for reading this if you read the whole thing. Be sure to like and vote for me if you enjoyed it

Took me about an hour to complete. I am not the best writer :P

big thank's to @Roy for helping me with this!

@_SniX_ 

The Night

By: @Gekkota-Senpai

Alrighty before I begin this story I would like to put the characters right below so ya enjoy my story. :) 

Characters: @Winter, @Kubnair, @Xy_, @EJ., @Gekkota-Senpai, @Twig, @RickGrimesTM, @Nap14hockey, @Thats_Miles, @PB-n-J, @CrusTi, and @Kite9867.

One day there was a group meet up between these twelve guys just chilling in the woods on a Saturday night to celebrate there great week on handling the Garry's mod servers. They set up a campsite and a fire to cook up some food then there was some sort of movement in the woods that caused all of the guys to look in that direction. Miles decided to check it out to see if it was some sort of deer they can cook up for a evening meal so he got out his rifle and aimed at the woods walking slowly to not scare off the deer. When he made it to the point where they heard movement there was something else besides a deer.... IT WAS A MONSTER!!! Miles quickley tried to run back it was too late. He was grabbed by the monster and he was not heard of again. 

Nap wanted to go catch this monster and bring it to justice! Xy did not agree with this idea so he wanted to stay back with PB-n-J and Kite to secure their campsite. So the guys that were going to catch this monster were scared to death when Miles was taken away. When they kept on walking through the woods they found a weird object and it turned out to be a skull with a knife stabbed on the top. They immediatly pulled out there hunting rifles and was very cautious where they were standing. EJ decided to run ahead to make sure there was nothing ahead but he unfournatley ran right into the monster and was in a headlock with it's boney hands. He tried to shoot it as quick as possible but the monster swiped his rifle on the ground and the others were ready for fire but the monster was using EJ's body to protect itself so the monster was backing up slowly until he was a safe distance and then snapped EJ's neck! When EJ's neck was snapped Winter shot the monster but it seemed to have recovered from the rifle shot! Everyone started running as far away from the monster until CrusTi tripped over a branch and had seem to have broke is ankle. Twig went to go back and help out CrusTi before the monster had reached him but Twig was not in time to help out CrusTi so Twig called Kubnair over to help out CrusTi and carrying him to a safe place. Twig decided to take the sacrifise by making a distraction to keep the group as far as possible from the monster. Everyone was running in terror after they heard a snapped bone that appeared to be Twig dead. 

Everyone met up at the campsiteto discuss a plan but when the guys came back to the campsite they saw Kite's body hanging on a tree. PB-n-J was frightened hiding in a tree nearby with Xy. They explained "The monster was just here and has taken the live have Kite!" That's when Gecko had a idea! He said "How about we set up a little trap so he can not brutaly murder us?" Xy replied saying "Well... that is a good idea but how are we going to catch it plus what are we going to trap the monster?" Winter said "Let's set up a trap with the supplies we currently have!" Kubnair said "So something like from Scooby Doo?" Winter replied "Eh... are you okay?" Nap said "Welp let's start cracking guys the monster will kill us any time soon!" They setup the blue prints as quick as possible. They laid out the whole trap and began to proceed with putting bait right in the middle of the plate and waited for the monster to come. When they finally heard a movement they checked with there scope they had to make sure it was the monster. CrusTi confirmed that it was the monster sneaking around until he finally came to the bait. Winter was in his postion and was aiming at the wire with his rifle. When the monster started to eat the meat Winter 360 noscoped the wire then the cage made out of wood fell from the tree and trapped the monster. There they made bars out of metal and tranqualized the monster. Then they built the home and set up the cave and put the metal bars in front so it doesn't escape the little jail cell. They put the monster in the cave and the guys drove back home to there houses and they will always remember that dreadful day of that night....

THE END....

@MsShad0w

The Soundless Night

My hair was twirling in the wind, as I looked up in the sky, waiting, waiting for something to happen, anything to happen. The moon shined brightly on the pavement, and leaving a soft white glow on the trees surrounding me.

My instrument case sat on the ground, waiting to be played, and make beautiful sounds for eager ears to hear. The trees rustling softly as the wind picked up, and leaves dancing in all sorts of directions.

‘’She’s late’’, I murmur to myself, growing impatient for her arrival. 

Seconds pass, seconds turn into minutes, and minutes turn to hours. As the moon was now becoming a faint memory under the horizon. I huff and start to trudge my way back to my sanctuary, my peaceful place, my home. The place where my violin rests on my shoulder and the bow glides across the strings.  Where I can play my pieces in peace, not having to worry about blank stares and judging faces. Alas, I see her dark hair, and her striking blue eyes, as she was leaning on a tree, patiently waiting for me to notice her.

‘’Finally, what took you so long?’’ I say in a playful tone, my hands playing with her hair as she tried to make a excuse.

‘’No excuses’’ I say just before she could make a pathetic reason for why she was late.

I crouch low to the ground and move my instrument case in front of me, as I take out the only thing that can make me sane. The bow finds the strings, and starts to move slowly, then faster, and faster. Until I could no longer keep up with even my own movements.  She stood in awe as she watched me rapidly move my bow across the strings, making oh so marvelous sounds.

A familiar warming sensation surrounds us, as my sound starts to make a aura form. But as suddenly as it happened, it stops.  Her eyes get even wider, now full of fear, instead of the sweetness I saw in them before.

‘’Please don’t tell me you're not one of…’’ she starts to say, but couldn’t finish the sentence, her voice drifted off to nothing but a whisper.

My hands make a death grip on the violin, just realizing that I went too far, and showed her my deepest, darkest secret.

‘’Yes’’ I say in a low voice, ‘’You don’t even need to say anything more’’.

The gravity of what just occurred sank in, as this reunion was only to be full of joy. I push my violin and bow back into its case, tears welling up in my eyes.  My hands find the handle of the case, and in one swift motion, I'm moving away from this, From her, the one person I looked forward to seeing after all these years, must think I'm a monster.  I walk in long strides, the wind picking up, making the once dancing leaves, now angry at something, or someone.

I hear her shouting to come back, but I didn’t dare to even shoot a glance.   

@LegendaryFluff

Born a baby,

had a condition called scabie

But as a baby,

he was always magnificantly slaby.

Had a good friend name haiti,

but if only someone saved thee, oh maybe.

Once a man,

Admin of a little clan.

He always had a plan,

but they thought he was too bland.

He sailed the mellow lands,

to prove he can.

They doubt him because of his fans,

that just go hand and hand.

Little did they know he just began,

and his name was no other then rapperdan.

He lived his dream,

it may seem.

Just like in his dreams,

he will die a meme.

@Faex 

An interview with a World War III Veteran, Nolan Pol.

by Yun Pyong.

So, can you tell me your thoughts on how the war started?

It all happened so damn fast. One month they said they were ready and will dominate the globe, and the next week I was getting drafted. I was only 17 when it happened when North Korea thought it was a good idea to launch a missile at Hawaii. Those goddamn idiots thought they could fight our country with their ballistics. They're even more goddamn stupid since the missile didn't even reach the shoreline! At the same time, they tried launching nukes at China and Japan. Bastards! Why the hell did they think it was a great idea in the first place!? China is the only country that provided aid to them, and they just shit on their front doorstep! ...Everyone thought North Korea was out of their mind, and they were, but we didn't realize we'd have so many casualties. That's why we were drafted. 

How old were you when you were drafted?

20 years old

Do you think you know why North Korea would do such an attempt?

I have absolutely no idea why. There are some conspiracies out there that Syria actually hacked North Korea's missile system in order to spark a conflict between us to get revenge on the missile strike from 2017, but I highly doubt that.

Why is that?

We've had tensions with Syria before, and they are the allies of Russia, who are allied with the North. I don't know anything about all that, I wasn't paying attention to the outside world when I was young. 

Mm. How did you feel when you were first stationed?

Nervous, obviously. We were stepping on the doorsteps of an unpredictable enemy. We were scared shitless that they had the nerve to drop a nuke on their own country and wipe us all out, but instead, the U.S. did that for us. On the other side of the country, I mean, thankfully it wasn't anywhere near us [Laughs] that would be a shitty day...

What was it all like? Life on an enemy foreign nation I mean.

We were stationed at Sangwon, just outside of Pyongyang. We were getting ready to make our final push to the capital, but... there were so many bodies. So much blood and tears, soldiers weeping, wondering when it would end. I was sitting at a campfire with my squad, except one. He was exposed to the [Sarin Gas], so he had to get treated. It was common for soldiers our age to get exposed, thank god they knew how to treat it. Almost hit me once, when I was first deployed back in [November 8th, 2020]. It was almost impossible not to get hit when the nerve agent is released. 

Did you miss your family at all?

I didn't have a family. Well, I did, but I didn't feel close to them at all. My parents were drug addicts, and my sister was a prostitute. I was in college at the time, majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Funny... I'd be the first person in my family to actually not end up an addict and do something with my life, but instead, I was thrown into a battlefield of... of...

Are you ok? Are you having a flashback?

No, no, I'm... I'm fine... I guess I'll have to tell you what it was like on the actual field...

It's ok if you can't tell us.

No, I can do this. [Sigh] We were deployed via an M58 Wolf onto the city of Ayang so we could set up a camp to take North Hwanghae. The ramp opened, I could see was some smoke, nothing else beyond that. We were ordered to flank the Koreans on the right, so we got out, and then I saw... blood... fire... bodies everywhere. Piles and piles of young men and women. There were transgender soldiers too, but they were the first to get killed, unfortunately. We got out of the Wolf, and then I saw something coming towards me. After that, I blacked out. A few minutes later and I looked behind us, and the Wolf was on fire, with my friend's bodies burning. I felt someone grab my shoulder and I was pulled up. Next thing I saw was my Sergeants face yelling at me. I... I can't remember what he said. I followed him, and we returned fire. I don't think I ever shot anyone, I was just blindly firing in the same direction everyone else was facing. We kept moving forward and... and I saw... I saw a-a-a tank right in front of us. Everyone was moving towards it, but the sergeant next to me was yelling at them to retreat. The tank... it-it killed... I...

Nolan then had a PTSD episode and tried to attack me. He is currently being treated at the Covenant Veterans Hosptial.

In early 2020, the U.S. launched a nuclear missile at the city of Hamhung, signifying a major victory for the United States and its allies. Japan, China, and South Korea helped U.S. forces to capture the capital of Pyongyang, where North Korean soldiers retreated due to its lack of militarized offense after the launch. North Korea was then annexed by South Korea, and Russia, Bulgaria, and Syria reached a peace treaty known as the Treaty of Posterus after a second Cold War between us. It's been 58 years since the start of World War III, where over 100 million men and women were killed., making it the deadliest war of all mankind. After the second Cold War, World War III became known as the War of Peace, because it truly joined all countries together in remembrance of what we are today, also making it the most ironic name for a World War.

@Shuruia

I present Perennial Kings. It is a short primer of sorts for my dual narrative quasi-utopian fantasy series called Ambition Index. It is set 653 years in the future, where a group of psychotic friends accidentally create an almost perfect society after ending the world in their pursuit of delusional fantasies.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DPzUd1_cb8Mgkz5aN1iBR40dq4wBvKp8u7IlQDGmqpI/

(Don't mind the occasional German word; it's set in northeastern Germany.) 

@myPHART 

Hi guys. So I've been writing for a little, and I don't know where I would put this, so I guess the Art thread is appropriate. Books are technically a work of art, yes?

Anyways, here's Chapter One of my incomplete book. Hope you enjoy, and leave some feedback. If it comes out weird, I'm sorry, but I copy-pasted this from my phone.

------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1

Images. Strange, pulsating flashes of light came into his line of sight. All of a sudden, a form became visible among the lights. It was clearly a person, but whether it was a he or she, he couldn’t tell. Then all of a sudden, the form solidified in his vision, and he recognized who the form was. It was --

Seth woke up in a cold sweat. He had that dream again. He had been having that dream for about 3 days now, and he couldn’t explain it. The only difference between the three days he dreamed of it was that it would last longer; the dream would show him more than the previous one. First it was the lights, then the blurry form of a person. But now he was able to see the person more clearly, but the image was still blurry, so Seth couldn’t decipher who the form was. When it came to strange events that confused him, such as the recurring dream, he normally muttered to himself about it, trying to find out its meaning. So it was no surprise to his mother when she came into his room and found Seth talking to himself, while he picked out what to wear for school today. Clearing her throat, she finally had Seth’s attention, who had picked out a pair of jeans, a light green t-shirt, and a brown hooded sweater.
“Good morning, honey,” she said, as she walked into his room. “Ready to go to school?” 
Seth attempted to speak, but found that his voice was a bit croaky, so he coughed a little, shook off the morning grogginess, and replied with a “Yes Mom.” 
She smiled, and said, “That’s good. There’s some eggs on the counter for you when you’re ready,” as she left the room. 
Seth groaned as he put on his clothes. The yolk was probably raw. He never liked uncooked yolk; he preferred them when the eggs were cooked through. They just had a different taste that he liked. Still complaining silently, he put on his shirt, and went downstairs. 
Walking up to the counter, he tested the yolk with his finger, and to his surprise, found they were cooked. This was a change. But then, a lot of things had changed ever since his father walked out. Seth gritted his teeth at the mere thought of him; he didn’t understand the reason why his father even left. Was it him? His mother? Did he find someone else that he loved more? Seth would never know, but he didn’t care about that. His father was dirt to him now, nothing more. 
Digging through the kitchen drawers, he found a fork, and ate the eggs with gusto, savoring the fact that they had been cooked the way he liked it. After he put the dishes in the sink, Seth picked up his backpack and a textbook he needed for class. He never really liked school. It was, to him, full of narcissistic, close-minded idiots obsessed with being the most popular, the most athletic, the most whatever, but it didn't matter. He was able to ignore them, most of the time. There were always some exceptions to his belief; always, there was a person to whom he connected with. They always left, in the end, however. Whether it was because they had to move, started hanging out with others, or just plain avoided him, it was always the same. They left him, and he forgot about them, plain and simple. Sighing, Seth picked up his keys and went outside. His faithful motorcycle was waiting for him right there, as it always was. Riding it was one of the pleasures of his life, even if it meant going to one of the places he hated most. Inserting the key into the ignition, he started it up, waved goodbye to his mom, and drove off.

Whenever Seth was driving, his mind would often drift off, thinking of other things instead of focusing on the road. It was a bad habit, but nothing had happened to him so far, so Seth was okay with it, but he always kept enough focus on the road, just in case. These past three days, including today, were an exception, however. The dreams, the strange, life-like dreams captivated his thoughts. It was the only thing he could focus on. He was still thinking about it when a car suddenly came into his field of vision. Seth snapped out of his reverie and slowed down immediately, a little annoyed to have been distracted from his thoughts, but thankful he had been lucky enough to see the car in time. Looking over at the driver, he recognized, to his joy, the girl he had a crush on since he met her in second grade: Kara Matthews, the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life. It had been a while since he had seen her, due to her recently losing her     grandfather. Seth wished he could hold her, comfort her and say that it was okay. But, he said to himself, you have to stay tied to reality, to not lose yourself in your dreams.

Sighing as he approached the school parking lot, he found his favorite parking spot open, and took it. After setting his old lock on his motorcycle to ensure no one takes it, Seth hoisted his bag over his shoulder and set off for his first class.
But even as he made his way to his seat in classroom 2B, he couldn’t take his mind off the lights. Something about them was captivating to him, the way they ebbed and flowed through his dreaming mind. The intricate patterns, the dancing motions, they were --

“Richards!” The sound of someone calling his last name forcefully shook him out of his inner reverie, as Ms. Persons called his name in the attendance list.
“Here,” he quickly said, and she continued on to the last 5 people on attendance.        
English class. He always found English to be mind-numbingly boring. The number of books that Seth had read     over the years was probably five times larger than the average human intelligence, which meant a LOT of books. Something about reading calmed Seth’s mind, as he lost himself in the fantastic worlds that the authors spun out for him. It was amazing, how much he could delve into a story, spending several hours imagining what it would be like if HE was inserted into the book itself. How many things he could do, the spectacular sights to behold, the --

“Alright class. We’re starting on Chapter 14, with the works of Shakespeare,” said Ms. Persons, as she scribbled some words on the whiteboard. Slightly annoyed to have been disturbed from his thoughts again, Seth pulled out the weighty English textbook that was required for the class. There was a ruffling sound throughout the whole classroom as everyone else pulled their textbooks from their packs. Again, Seth’s mind drifted to the dreams. What was so fascinating about them, he asked himself? Pushing them from his mind, he set his focus on Ms. Persons, who was assigning a project that would be due once they finished their studies on Shakespeare. 
This is what I get for taking AP English, I guess, Seth thought to himself, as he collectively groaned along with the rest of the class. But at least the project doesn’t look that complicated. If I focus enough on it, I can probably have it finished before the rest of these guys, he thought, as he glanced at the project requirements. Then, as he continued to read the project instructions, he realized that it would be a partner project. Seth groaned again. He hated partner projects. It normally ended up with him taking on most of the workload because his partner was either too lazy, didn’t know what the hell they were doing, or got sick and couldn’t do anything. Compounded with the fact that Ms. Persons was assigning said partners, and this project would be an extreme annoyance to Seth. Muttering obscenities under his breath, Seth waited for his partner to be assigned to him.
“Seth, you’re going to be partnered with Kara.” Startled, Seth glanced to his right at his partner, who gave a small smile and waved at him. Now this changed things. He had completely forgotten that he shared his first class with Kara. Now Seth couldn’t wait to do this project, the opportunity to get closer to her was there for the taking. Seth couldn’t believe his luck.
The day passed by quickly after that. Seth’s excitement over the partner project with Kara was only matched with his self-apprehension. Seth didn’t want to come off like your typical jackass, but neither did he want to come off as a recluse. Seth wanted to appear as if he was the perfect guy, then he caught himself.
You’re thinking just like the narcissists that you hate, dude. Just be yourself, he thought. These thoughts calmed him down. No need to try to be cool or anything, just be yourself, that was Seth’s approach to social interactions.
It doesn’t help if you were a socially awkward idiot though, said his other half.

Sighing, Seth looked at the clock. 2:45, school was over. The bell rung, signifying class dismissal. Seth left his last class in a hurry, and headed over to his motorcycle. To his surprise, he found Kara standing there, obviously waiting for him. Seth froze for a second, unsure of what to say.
“Seth?” she said, as she walked up to him. Shit, he thought. His brain had no idea what he was going to say, but his mouth did the talking for him. 
“Hey, what’s up?”, he said before he could stop himself.
“It’s nothing,” she said. “But we ARE supposed to be project partners, so how are we going to communicate?”, she said, laughing a little.
Seth chuckled. “I don’t really mind how,” he said. “Just as long as we have some way of talking to each other about this thing.”
Kara smiled, then pulled out her phone. “Here, make a contact on my phone, then I’ll probably send you a text or something like that,” handing it over to him. 
Seth obliged, putting down his phone number and saving the contact under his name. “There you are, make sure you text me please. I don’t want to fail this thing near the end of the school year, my mom would kill me,” he said.
“Don’t worry,” Kara told him. “I’d hate to let down my grandfather after promising him to do the best I can in everything I do.”
Silence fell over both of them. Seth wanted to say something, but was unsure of what to say. Finally, he worked up the courage to ask something. “How have you been holding up?”, he asked quietly. “After your grandpa’s death, I mean.”
Kara was silent for a little. Then she said, “It’s hard, you know? He was there almost every day. He practically raised me when my dad was at work and my mom was at school. You could say he was my second dad, but people would probably make a face at that, given the political things happening right now.”
Seth could see her starting to become emotional, tears welling up in her eyes. He braced himself, then put a hand on her shoulder. She didn’t push away, so Seth kept his hand there and said, “Look. Your grandpa must be proud of you. Just keep going, and remember him through your actions.” She looked at him then, and unexpectedly gave him a hug. Seth was taken aback at first, but then allowed her to embrace him.
“Thank you,” she said. “It’s been awhile since anyone has said anything encouraging to me. Apart from my parents of course,” she said with a small smile. Letting go, she then made her excuses to leave, and waved goodbye.
Seth simply stood there, amazed that all of that happened in the course of a day. After waving goodbye, he turned towards his motorcycle, removed the old lock, turned the ignition, and left, the events of today still simmering in his mind.

Let the voting begin!

Edited by Darkling
Shuruia instead of Fuuko

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Finnick

Person I am voting for: @Fuuko

Why I voted for them: The story was fantastic

Any other comments: rapperdan is a stupid meme  Jokes aren't allowed

Edited by Finnick

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

Person I am voting for: @Severely_Artistic

Why I voted for them: It was a sort of children's story with no real point, but still good. It had a nice, playful attitude, different than a lot of the stories. 

Any other comments: Get this published as a children's book. Better than some others I've seen. 

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Person I am voting for: @Leks (I don't know why he isn't showing up for me)

Why I voted for them: It's a funny story.

Any other comments:

759110999_GFLSignature.png.5f98a0d75491ad7bc17aaf7a35c1f7bf.png

Thank you @AceOfSpadesMM for the signature! Very much appreciated.

Person I am voting for: @Kubnair

Why I voted for them: He's kind of my boss I don't have free will His story was nice

Any other comments: 50 Shades of Violator must come in clutch I NEED THIS TO LIVE

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

QieICm4iRd6R572F6QZmzQ.png

qIbaita.gif

Person I am voting for:  @Shuruia 

Why I voted for them: The style Shuruia's submission is written in is very appealing to the readers, more so than the others. I also prefer it over the others because it's less about memes than them and more focused on the writing itself as well as telling a story.

Any other comments:  I hope this submission gets the recognition it deserves rather than losing to one that includes the most members (who'll then vote for those).

Snow Owl.jpg

Achievements

Person I'm voting for: @Kubnair

Why I voted for them: even though the cunt of a whore didn't add me into his story I enjoyed it and it made me breath slightly harder (internet laugh)

Other comments

CLUTCH OR KICK MOTHER FUCKED

CLUTCH

OR

KICK

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Major_Push

Why I voted for them: His story was nice He's kind of my boss I don't have free will

Any other comments:  50 Shades of Violator must NOT come in clutch I NEED THIS TO LIVE

Edited by Major_Push

"Be good people"

Person I am voting for:  @Kubnair

Why I voted for them: I like how he mixed both horror and comedy and it mixes site19

Any other comments: Please bring back TTT3

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

Why I voted for them: All the jokes were really bad, which is my favorite.

Any other comments: @TTT Admin RDM and no admin, please come and take care of the server or I will go postal.

Posted  Edited by ButterKing5000

Person I am voting for: @Shuruia

Why I voted for them: As @Dano explained, this story focuses less on being a dumb joke and is simply a very thought out piece of work. Too many of these AOTM submissions are just stupid and hope others will vote on them because of their stupidity. This is a true piece of work that deserves to be recognized for its efforts.

Any other comments: I usually don't vote on these things just because of the nature of it all (as I stated above), but this caught my attention.

Edited by ButterKing5000

76561198148448003.png

3 hours ago, CrusTi said:

I AM NOT VOTING......but,

I read Shuruia's piece previous to this post and it was quite the story. I enjoyed it a lot and I think it should not be shared for an AOTM event but something more professional.

Thank you. The main series I am writing is called Ambition Index, which is part of a larger literary universe called Too Close to the Moon. Perennial Kings is part of the latter, but not the former. Think of it as a somewhat separate one-off story. This much can be shared, since it's only a tiny component of something much larger that I've been working on for a couple of years. I saw May's AOTM as a chance to help me improve, since condensing the content of a story for the sake of brevity is a challenge that plagues many writers.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

Why I voted for them: I'm an admin on our GFL breach server (well; trial) and I love the game mode; Kub's story was enjoyable to read and really captured what I love about the game mode

Any other comments: Lol, people died

Person I am voting for: @Kubnair

Why I voted for them: It's a good story, features people from GFL.

Any other comments: HA! I DIED!

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Person I am voting for: @GOKU

Why I voted for them: short but had a lot to tell. Story was really good in my opinion it had adult themes but kept true to the appropriate for young audience theme.

Any other comments:my vote was either duc or goku I found both their stories to have a lot of content but still short and sweet, shuruias was great but I personally felt it to be too long. And severely should stick to 18+ stories :lenny:

Achievements

• Darkling locked this topic
  • Bae unlocked and locked this topic
  • Bae unpinned this topic