queue

GFL American Overwatch Competitive Team

Posted  Edited by qDogg

Hate going into a comp match with bad teammates? Today is your lucky day. I have decided to establish the GFL Overwatch Competitive Team.

Those who are interested in joining the team will apply (using a format below). I will take all the applications and look at each person's statistics, best heroes, etc. The top 6 players will make the "Major Leagues" or the better GFL team. The next 6 people will make the "Minor Leagues" or the not-as-good GFL team. They will serve as their own separate entity but can substitute for players in the Major Leagues in the case of an absence. Both teams can scrimmage against each other as well. The goal of each team is to work their way up the ranks and have a good time. I will not necessarily be apart of either team (depends on my stats in comparison to those who apply), but I will be the manager of the team and control who is on it and give any advice where it is needed.

If you do not play on American servers, do not apply since I play on American servers. If you are someone who would like to manage a EU team, PM me and I will update this post with details on that.

Application Format (with Example):

Battle.Net Name: qDogg#11147

Master Overwatch Profile: http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/qDogg-11147

Reason for Joining the Team: Because I want to actually win games

Copy the above, put in your information, and post below. Good luck to all.

See how you are comparing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BFzVQfUCYWR5ek1_eu3E_gkcXAfDvVyGZ21xAzdJAG0/edit?usp=sharing

This is an example of what I plan on doing with the team (good communication, shot caller, etc.):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTy3oiNhD6E

Edited by qDogg

Battle.Net Name: Nubz#1909

Master Overwatch Profile: http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Nubz-1909

Reason for Joining the Team: I want people to queue with, especially from the community, considering I don't really play any of the current servers we have right now.

sig.jpg

Ex-GMOD Jailbreak Admin 

Ex-GMOD Jailbreak Server Manager.

Ex-Rust Admin

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

Just now, Rcool64 said:

Does this apply to console? ;<

I am sure you could make your own console team, but this is for the PC.

Snow Owl.jpg

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Finnick

Battle.Net Name:  IN SIGNATURE (Finnick#11766)

Master Overwatch Profile: http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Finnick-11766

Reason for Joining the Team: Because I want to actually win games / My leaderboards/masteroverwatch isn't very good, and I'm honestly not bad, I get paired up with shit sticks that only choose their favourite characters, not following the team tips to getting a support and all of them being selfish a-holes. Plus, those a-holes just rush instead of trying to be an actual team, it's like a free for all to them... I want to fucking play the right way, and WIN the right way. Also, I don't really get a chance to play with friends, so joining this would be fun and interesting.

Edited by Finnick

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

Im barely able to play Overwatch. I can only play it when I'm at my boyfriends because my computer cannot run it. Can I still join?

18194929_887078058110054_671157654197429

Battle.Net Name: Dano#21397

Master Overwatch Profile: http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Dano-21397

Reason for Joining the Team: I am interested in joining the team because I think that I can greatly contribute to it, as well as it helps me to play with teammates that are on the same level skill-wise. I am looking forward to playing with others that have the same knowledge and understanding of the game that I have, that are equally or possibly even more skilled and can contribute to the team's strength. I believe that having skilled teammates not only helps you to win games but also helps you to have fun at playing the game. I am a team player myself and can fit into every role, Offense, Defense, Tank, and Support. Heroes I am good at are Pharah, Soldier: 76, Tracer, Reaper, Junkrat, Widowmaker, Zarya, Mercy, and Lúcio.

I also own a microphone and am willing to use it. I obviously have full knowledge of the game mechanics (heroes/abilities, etc.) and maps.

Yes, I am from EU, but a high ping due to location differences is hardly ever noticeable in Overwatch; I have been playing on the US servers of it already and I am used to it.

I thought about making a huge explanation as to why I'd like to join the team, but as no one would even read it, I will keep this short compared to my usual applications.

Preferred roles: DPS (main damage maker). (Preferred does not mean that this is the only role I am able to play)

Snow Owl.jpg

Achievements

14 minutes ago, Mary said:

Im barely able to play Overwatch. I can only play it when I'm at my boyfriends because my computer cannot run it. Can I still join?

I believe this is meant to be for active Overwatch players, so they always have a full six-man team. Which means having someone that is unreliable would not fit.

EDIT: I doubt anyone would mind if you took in a spot if someone is missing, but then you'd likely be a reserve player or a lower team.

Snow Owl.jpg

Achievements

Just now, Dano said:

I believe this is meant to be for active Overwatch players, so they always have a full six-man team. Which means having someone that is unreliable would not fit.

Lame. :/

18194929_887078058110054_671157654197429

Just now, Mary said:

Lame. :/

Same

- Triggered -

Creative Team (GFX) 

Former Hide and Seek Manager 

Former Purge Admin

PM me for personal requests

Idk like it kinda sucks 2 suck unless you like sucking :B|:

Fᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤ

Battle.Net Name: Addy#11724

Master Overwatch Profile: http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Addy-11724

Reason for Joining the Team: I'm looking to actually taking competitive in Overwatch seriously (not like, full-out try hard to where I'm about to grab an inhaler, but I don't wanna joke around in it). Usually when I play with friends, we don't have a full 6-man queue and end up getting randoms that suck complete ass or don't play for the team. It's hard to try and rank

up when every other game you get matched with someone who likes to play one hero and won't switch to save their life.

maxresdefault.jpg

9qgn1Zn.png

was good knowin you

M E M E S

Spoiler

c8t20uJ.png

NYsFw15.png

pRMNTno.png

iGOJUvA.png

9qgn1Zn.png

F11Vx5A.png

YK0zrGH.png

D I S C O R D

V5BjkfK.png

NHMZswY.png

4M7pOXZ.png

aURPCME.png

XYga1Wn.png

7VakUEv.png

ecErTIf.png

cc1LDBw.png

D E N R O S

giphy.gif

D O N T   F O R G E T   W I L F O R D

SDjQmNz.png

D O N T   F O R G E T   J E R M

9qgn1Zn.png

Spoiler

Former Garry's Mod Jailbreak Manager

Former CS:S Bhop Manager

Former CS:S Dust 2 Manager

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

#BringBackGMODJailbreak

#BringBackJermsquad

#Hacking4CA

@qDogg just added this line:

See how you are comparing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BFzVQfUCYWR5ek1_eu3E_gkcXAfDvVyGZ21xAzdJAG0/edit?usp=sharing

Note: He has to manually update the stats, so contact him privately or here to update them. I am sure it will be done before the team gets build regardless, but if you'd like to see where you stand with your new stats, notify him.

Snow Owl.jpg

Achievements

Battle.Net Name: Snoopy#22764
Master Overwatch Profile: http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/Snoopy-22764
Reason for Joining the Team: Pharah and Mercy main and I can also play Junkrat rather well due to my previous gaming experience with TF2. I have hopefully some good stats (check the comp EU). I can also play any other roles too. Main Defence/Second support would be a nice place for me :D

4 hours ago, Dano said:

@qDogg just added this line:

Note: He has to manually update the stats, so contact him privately or here to update them. I am sure it will be done before the team gets build regardless, but if you'd like to see where you stand with your new stats, notify him.

I'm curious, are competitive stats not being taken into account for this as mine are far better then quick play :S Also, would it not be worth looking at hero individual stats instead as opposed to stats as a whole?

11f4263ab6c30a3489f8db3145340861.png

So everyone is listing their former stuff so I'll just be cool and list mine :3

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player

2 hours ago, Snoopy said:

Battle.Net Name: Snoopy#22764
Master Overwatch Profile: http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/Snoopy-22764
Reason for Joining the Team: Pharah and Mercy main and I can also play Junkrat rather well due to my previous gaming experience with TF2. I have hopefully some good stats (check the comp EU). I can also play any other roles too. Main Defence/Second support would be a nice place for me :D

I'm curious, are competitive stats not being taken into account for this as mine are far better then quick play :S Also, would it not be worth looking at hero individual stats instead as opposed to stats as a whole?

@qDogg has explained to me that not only these stats will be taken into account; he will look at more than just these numbers. They're just there to build an overview for him to move on from.

It is possible that some people with higher "pick" ranks won't get on the team while others with lower ones do. There's no need to worry.

Snow Owl.jpg

Achievements

Battle.net ID: Shuruia#2405

Master Overwatch Profile: http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/Shuruia-2405

Reason for joining the team: The American servers sometimes make me cry, but what makes me cry even more is a lack of team coordination. As we all know, this is a situation that is seen all too often in solo queue. I am currently ranked 60 in competitive mode (level 130 with over 120+ hours) and will welcome the chance to join a team that is well-rounded and communicates well. My main roles are support and tank, with Mercy, Lúcio, Symmetra, Reinhardt, Winston and Zarya being my favoured heroes; my win rate with the latter two heroes is currently hovering around 70% with my overall win rate being 54.1%. I can play a decent Pharah and Zenyatta in a pinch. If everyone else is serious about this team, then I shall be as well.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Finnick said:

Tf is a wild card

I'm assuming you'd be a filler. You play whatever is needed in that situation.

sig.jpg

Ex-GMOD Jailbreak Admin 

Ex-GMOD Jailbreak Server Manager.

Ex-Rust Admin

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

This means I can play more Torb/Bastion :klappa:

maxresdefault.jpg

9qgn1Zn.png

was good knowin you

M E M E S

Spoiler

c8t20uJ.png