Jcfraven

Mobile Website: @ mention problems

Posted  Edited by Jcfraven

Hello again,

As I was going to reply to a status update, I encountered an odd glitch that renders a user stuck with an @ mention, even if the user wants to remove it. The screen shots below show what happens when you try to do a normal deletion. I also tried highlighting the whole thing and deleting it, to no avail.

I did find one workaround as I was typing this, where if you highlight then cut, you can remove the mention, but that is the only method. Because of this, I think the issue is with the system in place for making the mentions actually bind itself to the user that it is trying to alert. Perhaps it is locking any manipulation of it because it wants to remain complete, and the script simply is incompatible with the mobile website in terms of manipulation post-binding.

Another issue I found that is worth noting, is that you cannot do an @ mention at all on mobile devices in the desktop site, apart from the Chatbox.

My apologies if this post is kind of low quality, it is fairly late and I am typing this on my phone the best I can.

Have a blessed one!

(Note: The bottom picture is the first, the top one is what happens after you hit the delete/backspace button.)

Screenshot_20170724-004038.png

Screenshot_20170724-004033.png

Edited by Jcfraven

Posted  Edited by Syntax

Just refresh the page and you will be able to tag more than one person, another easy fix is to do the [] and inside you do member="name" for the mobile issue I think @denros will deal with it easily

Edited by Syntax

Achievements

1 hour ago, Syntax said:

Just refresh the page and you will be able to tag more than one person, another easy fix is to do the [] and inside you do member="name" for the mobile issue I think @denros will deal with it easily

Good to know that there is a workaround for tagging people, but it would still be nice to not have to use a workaround. Also, refreshing does nothing, at least for me(I tried mentioning in a new topic and comment sections).

Try pressing delete a couple times. I thought this may of been an issue for myself at one point but just pressing delete 3 ish times got rid of the tag.

Achievements

43 minutes ago, denros said:

you have to tap delete twice, it works perfectly fine for me.

The problem is that I am not able to do so, since once I hit delete, whether with it highlighted or just doing one letter at a time, it cancels my keyboard, forcing me to start again. If that is just an issue on my end, then fair enough. Thank you for your time regardless.

Just now, Jcfraven said:

The problem is that I am not able to do so, since once I hit delete, whether with it highlighted or just doing one letter at a time, it cancels my keyboard, forcing me to start again. If that is just an issue on my end, then fair enough. Thank you for your time regardless.

what browser are you using? Seems its problem with your phone. Safari works fine. Try another browser or phone.

6 minutes ago, denros said:

what browser are you using? Seems its problem with your phone. Safari works fine. Try another browser or phone.

Running Chrome on Android, and unfortunately I am not able to check another browser at this time, but I will get back to you on that when I can.

Posted  Edited by Jcfraven

I found out the issue. I use SwiftKey Keyboard, which apparently is incapable of properly handling the deletion of those mentions. I tried the stock keyboard and it worked fine. I apologize for wasting your time with basically a non-issue for most, if not all users but me.

Edited by Jcfraven