CNe7532294

HURRICANE Harvey

Posted  Edited by Benroyjam

I'm just leaving this: https://www.facebook.com/vivvy.saldana/posts/1536927626366801

I found this while browsing Facebook, and the video is trending. It's related to the flood.

If someone doesn't want to click the link, I'll put it in the spoiler below ⇣

Someone attempts to catch a fish inside the house during the flood in Texas. He successfully captured the fish.

Edited by Benroyjam

76561198043643390.png

Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with our city's management. I thought roads were bad but this is just stupid. The mayor will be voted out for this crap. He tried defending against an evac citing Rita's miss and deaths in cars. Says he "understands". I puked watching that press conference. These people got saved eventually but after it gained attention on social media......

7dde73589d4b6291bd11e40ee31cd9e51ecaa5fd

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

Update:

It got worse. Those inches I gained from receding waters is now gone and filled in more. The lake behind me looks very ominous. If you're near any bayou or river you've got to worry. Brazos for example is just gonna rise and rise. Turn off your main circuit breaker if it starts reaching the house. Do it within in safety though. If already reached just get to higher ground. Bring a hatchet or crowbar with you. Advice to break open the roof if you become trapped in the attic. Addicks and Baker reservoir releases will cause flooding South and East of the City. They have no choice but to do so. Will completely flood downtown even worse if it overtops and breaks. I'll be in and out on steam here the .ru site (2 others over there are Houstonians). Please don't be upset at that mention. Trying to get the word out. You don't know who lives where.

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Its crazy. @Joshy you left at a good time.

Posted  Edited by CNe7532294

I'm alive and those makeshift flood barriers weren't even touched. At most was 8 feet away from the door. Had to make the ballzy decision of whether to cut off our main power and spoil our $300 worth of food (mainly fish) or risk electricuting ones self. Decided to stay awake and remain powered. The record of staying up for anyone here and my personal of 32 hours must have been broken. I think I went 2 full days with no power naps. Drank this weird liquor with coco beans from patron. Tried it before. Makes you stay up worst than any rockstar or 5 hour energy ever could. Before all of this, I had that drink on a Saturday and was still alert till Monday afternoon. That powerful. Waters completely receded this morning. Whole place is covered in filth. Alot of cars just left on the road. Some looked weird parked on sidewalks that are elevated. Others propped up against a wall being impossible to take down without damage or a crane due to the curb's height relative to the street (steep slope). Been under curfew since this happened but today the curfew relaxed from 10p-6a to 12a-5a. Also what @Tsarga posted is real but not in my neighborhood yet. Did have someone steal the cover off my ground water meter of all things according to my backup. I thought it floated off. Claims it was iron but I believe it was plastic with those "supports" that leave air trapped in them.

Edited by CNe7532294

I used to live in the Philippines, I've been through much worse events like Typhoon Haiyan and numerous other major Typhoons, it always floods from where I lived in the past, everyone had to evacuate their homes. Some people die from those horrible typhoons, you guys will be fine, your all in the U.S. of A, you have better equipment and lifestyle and numerous technological advancements

I just don't understand... If everyone knew Houston would flood. What the hell did Port Arthur think would happen to they ass. I have family and friends trapped in their houses because they dumbass didn't evacuate to Dallas (have a house there in Keller) like I told them to..

On 8/31/2017 at 5:53 PM, TSARGA said:

But the daily stormer is in Austin. XD

On 8/31/2017 at 6:08 PM, Joshy said:

It was. The most rain fell in places near Clear creek. Anything east of Pearland was flooded from both rain band I saw on radar and the creek's downstream flow from rains added in the west.

22 hours ago, SuperFineNot said:

Thanks to the public not being educated enough, most people think the worst of a storm is where the eye makes landfall which we now have learned the hard way is not the case. More like anything eye and east (north if you're east coast and south if you're gulf coast Florida. just look at how your area compares to the circulation). Also those rains were meant for Houston but the storm decided to "wobble" east. Sparing us more flooding. Can't really say thats a good thing but we needed relief.

EDIT: Schools will now resume on Sept. 11 as opposed to the 4th like earlier.

Edited by CNe7532294

21 hours ago, Joshy said:

The sad thing is you (located in Cali) probably know more about whats going on here with Johnson and its facilities than I do. Local news only gave the place 5 mins of coverage. Last I heard was at the height of the storm that they took on water at some locations but the facility as a whole was in "good standing". The most vague thing I have ever heard. I know for sure residential in the area was inundated.

20 hours ago, Googleit said:

Be safe many prayers

Thanks.

On 9/2/2017 at 7:49 PM, CNe7532294 said:

The sad thing is you (located in Cali) probably know more about whats going on here with Johnson and its facilities than I do. Local news only gave the place 5 mins of coverage. Last I heard was at the height of the storm that they took on water at some locations but the facility as a whole was in "good standing". The most vague thing I have ever heard. I know for sure residential in the area was inundated.

Thanks.

It's not that sad.  I just go to their website.

gr4YAiA.png

I don't have a Twitter, but their Center Director, Ellen Ochoa, posts a lot of information too.  Fun fact: She's a former astronaut.

Now, Irma is on its way.  I've had my eye on Florida lately and I hope they are prepared.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

3 hours ago, Katernum said:

The US is getting absolutely deleted by natural disasters right now. Two hurricanes, multiple fires, and whatever else is destroying us at the moment.

I might have to change this to a Hurricane general thread. Edge's area, Florida, is under threat from Irma. So is Georgia and both Carolinas. Next week more storms off of Africa too. Good news is Jose looks like its doing nothing and Katia doesn't hit the same places as Harvey.

Edited by CNe7532294