Tahytn

Age Restriciton

I have put alot of thought and effort into this idea. TTT has always been fillied with kids, moms credits cards and mic spam. This new idea will not only eliminate all those examples, but more.  Just hear me out here \:lenny:/.

Upon joining the server,  the player is greeted with 3 warm welcoming picture questions. The 3 picture questions are different for every player and shuffled. The images contain different objects from the 90s, for example Vhs tapes, Aol and Disc Players. If the user gets 2/3 questions wrong he can not return to the server for the next hour.

This is a suggestion, wether it be taken seriously or not is upon the readers discretion.  

1 person likes this

Achievements

Moms credit card will always trump age restrictions.

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, Tahytn said:

I have put alot of thought and effort into this idea. TTT has always been fillied with kids, moms credits cards and mic spam. This new idea will not only eliminate all those examples, but more.  Just hear me out here \:lenny:/.

Upon joining the server,  the player is greeted with 3 warm welcoming picture questions. The 3 picture questions are different for every player and shuffled. The images contain different objects from the 90s, for example Vhs tapes, Aol and Disc Players. If the user gets 2/3 questions wrong he can not return to the server for the next hour.

This is a suggestion, wether it be taken seriously or not is upon the readers discretion.  

ahem, do you know how old I am?

Just now, Astro said:

alright then revamp. images from the 40s*

Achievements

Just now, Astro said:

he's 10

Just now, Tahytn said:

alright then revamp. images from the 40s*

Just now, EJ. said:

he's 10

I'm 12 get your facts straight

1 hour ago, Tahytn said:

Sounds like you might be trying to get the server to inflict self suicide...

So when are we going to end the servers life?

3 people like this

Achievements

1 hour ago, Astro said:

I'm 12 get your facts straight

Reading this all I could think was "I'm 11, so shut the fuck up"

1 person likes this

Considering that 90% of Gmods population are kids under 12, the server would die within weeks

1 person likes this

Achievements

10 minutes ago, Faex said:

Considering that 90% of Gmods population are kids under 12, the server would die within weeks

Nah I'd say days but I can't agree more with you on this, as you can see with my past remark.

1 person likes this

Achievements

13 minutes ago, Faex said:

ahem

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This is a really bad idea. The server would die insanely quickly. If the player is doing something wrong ban him but don't punish someone for a certain age. We all used to be 12 it doesn't really matter. 

Edited by Loli
7 people like this

Not gonna lie. I'm all for age restricting the server. But there are far too many complications to actually do it. 

1) Server Population

2) Several admins are younger than what the age restriction would be

3) We would probably have to let under aged players apply to play on the server. Demonstrating they are mature enough to actually play. And lets face it thats too much work and no one would take it seriously. And how would we even make the application in the first place?

11 minutes ago, TheClassyBandit said:

2) Several admins are younger than what the age restriction would be

+1

I have met plenty of very intelligent, patient, and tactful children; I have also met plenty of very stupid, impetuous, and disrespectful adults.  I'm not denying age usually has a correlation with these characteristics, but I don't think it's such a strong correlation and the internet is a very different culture.

7 people like this

Immaturity has no age limit.  Deal with it on a case by case basis, and try not to generalize.

7 people like this

30 minutes ago, Teri said:

Immaturity has no age limit.  Deal with it on a case by case basis, and try not to generalize.

True. I know some very immature adults

1 person likes this

I'm against this idea of adding age restriction to the server, and I 100% agree on @Teri's response. It's not the age that matters, it's the maturity level. 

5 hours ago, Teri said:

Immaturity has no age limit.

I'm proof of this.

I think I find the reaction of the other players to a "squeaker" (someone obviously under the age of 10 for the purposes of this post) more of a distraction than the squeakers themselves.

Most of these kids are just trying to have fun, although they may use their mics a bit too much, and scream out, etc. Definitely excitable. :)

The thing is, I do all that too...should we ban old people next & just make the server for a select group?

I think its a bad idea.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I can't really say much that hasn't been said. While children can be annoying, dumb and immature, just like Teri said, so can adults. If a child is really being annoying and micspamming the admin can just gag him/her. Doing something like this would be actually childish, like some boys making a "no gurls" sign on their treehouse. We want to be inviting to the people that deserve it, even if they are children. 

Edited by Duc2000

53 minutes ago, Violator said:

This would be a great way to kill the server population why didn't I think of this before.

because you were fapping, duhhhh

53 minutes ago, Violator said:

This would be a great way to kill the server population why didn't I think of this before.

no one could have said it better \:lenny:/

Achievements

16 hours ago, Tahytn said:

31 minutes ago, Tahytn said:

no one could have said it better \:lenny:/

u suggested this 

1 person likes this

I do play on the GMOD TTT server time to time and the thing about this is that there should be no age restriction for any game. We should not judge our players on there age but there actions in game.

3 people like this