Bae

Art of the Month: September

ART OF THE MONTH: SEPTEMBER

Brought to you by the GFL Creative Team

Welcome back to the eighth Art of the Month (AOTM) contest. If you need to read over the rules and guidelines, refer to this thread:

The theme of this month is Music. Here are examples of music:

This is just a compilation of the people who sang something but they only became internet famous not really a celebrity type. Music can consist of writing music, singing the music, or playing an instrument. You must, and I repeat must not enter if you do not have musical talent. If you are not singing an original music, please post your sources of the song you're singing. If you're caught copyrighting any songs and claiming as yours, you are disqualify from the contest. 

The deadline is September 30th. Afterwards, a poll will be made for voting and winner will be chosen by then. If you have any questions, please ask either me or any of our members below.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Say I did one of singing a song. Would it have to be just me? Or can it be with a group of people (If it can be a group, would me including a song from my school's Men's Choir okay?).

759110999_GFLSignature.png.5f98a0d75491ad7bc17aaf7a35c1f7bf.png

Thank you @AceOfSpadesMM for the signature! Very much appreciated.

8 minutes ago, EJ. said:

Say I did one of singing a song. Would it have to be just me? Or can it be with a group of people (If it can be a group, would me including a song from my school's Men's Choir okay?).

That is okay.

This is to any future questions regarding if the person is part of GFL member, and how does it work if both of you if you win: You both get the badge. 

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Awesome. It's not going to actually show the people (as it's just a picture video), but the song is from February 2016.

From our "Masterworks Performance" called Requiem for the Living (Requiem for the Living (by Dan Forrest)). This is just a part of the program, with a song called Sanctus. Enjoy!

759110999_GFLSignature.png.5f98a0d75491ad7bc17aaf7a35c1f7bf.png

Thank you @AceOfSpadesMM for the signature! Very much appreciated.

1 hour ago, CrusTi said:

im not a singer and a Percussionist. can I put a sick beat or something over a song? or do I have to create something original?

As I've mentioned, if it's not original you can put the source of whom you did from. You can create music from scratch or you can do like a remix or dubstep kind of thing. Like adjust the music to something different.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by DoctorDJ
2 hours ago, Bae said:

If you are not singing an original music

(optional fixes) 

* playing an original piece 

* singing an original song

* playing original music 

:lenny: - your local grammar Nazi

Edited by DoctorDJ

1 hour ago, DoctorDJ said:

(optional fixes) 

* playing an original piece 

* singing an original song

* playing original music 

:lenny: - your local grammar Nazi

No, mines correct. That's just an example, hence why I have videos to explain more of it. Hence why I said if.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by DemonWithAShotgun - Edit Reason: Holy shit that bitch was long

(Holy shit it threw everything into one spoiler, not even gonna try to fix it lmao)

Well...I'm just gonna show you guys some clips of my marching band for all four years I was there :)

Freshman year (2013-2014): Shades of Beethoven

By far my favorite and most memorable show, and the others who were there with me agreed. This isn't quite the final product, but it was by far the best quality of audio and video. I must apologize for some of the potatoes who didn't care enough to keep time well or do the visuals. Also the closer was terribly sloppy, but this competition wasn't more than a week or so after we had finished learning it, so it  could've been worse. Also also this was my (and many others') first time marching on astroturf. I thought I was gonna slip the whole time. I loved everything about this damned thing, there were always just a few things that never went well. Mostly in the closer. There were always a few minor timing errors, as well as a few errors with how the routing was done (backwards 6 to 5...I actually wanted to die).

Sophomore year (2014-2015): Winter Sketches

This was an all around 'meh' show for me. I really like wintery music, so there's that. The show never really came together, unfortunately, and some of the forms / routing were poorly planned (guard swinging flags while passing through lines, etc.). Could've been worse, I guess, but aside from the music this was probably my least favorite.

Junior year (2015-2016): Slide

Slide was a really FUN show. It was pretty laid back with some of its forms (refer to the closer in the video, where we get to rock out and slide down motherfucking slides). The music was pretty fun to play, and very trombone-heavy, hence the name "Slide". As you may notice, none of us are wearing uniforms... We actually didn't have enough jackets to accommodate for all of the new members, so we had to wear these janky looking longsleeve workout shirts over our bibs, with the most uncomfortable and dumb looking beanie. We also picked up a lot of potatoes this season, especially this trumpet player, Shane. He actually has a mental condition (couldn't tell you what it is), and I feel bad to call him a potato, but he honestly had no business being in that band. He didn't march in time (or march right, for that matter), he could hardly play the part, he was loud, he cried A LOT (like over the dumbest things), and I feel like he just genuinely shouldn't have been there. I feel bad saying it, but that's how I've always felt about him. [/roast]

Senior year (2016-2017): Spring Has Sprung

This year we decided to play off of our Winter-themed show from two years earlier (wouldn't be surprised if the one next year is Summer-related). This was a pretty good show for me. It was nowhere even close to as good as my freshman show, but it was a close second. The music was really nice, though with a much larger band than before (and lots of inexperienced potatoes) it was very hard for us to properly blend and balance our sounds, so the music was never as good as it was in the practice room. (RIP the quality of this video, only one I could find, tho). Also You can't hear the woodwinds very much. They were admittedly quieter than seasons previous, but I blame the lack of woodwind on the quality of the recording device.

Bonus Vid: Our little performance in the 2015-2016 London New Year's parade

It really isn't as loud / spectacular as usual, since the trip cost well over $3,000 (thanks grandparents for having money) and not many were able to make it. We played a cut of Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars. If you watch til the end, I'm the last one to jog by, shout "WOO!" and flash a peace sign, of which I was later informed was considered a pseudo-middle finger in certain parts of Western Europe, and was broadcasted world-wide (The video is a recording of the live broadcast lol).

This had better count as a fucking entry, I took a really long time finding all of these videos and typing little paragraphs for each of them.

Edited by DemonWithAShotgun
Holy shit that bitch was long

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GM3PM22.gif

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) GFL PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) STEAM PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) BattleTag: Doctersalt#1734 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1033049.png

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On 9/1/2017 at 4:04 PM, AceOfSpades said:

I'm pretty sure I know what music is... :P 

It's just an example as followed throughout all art of the month themes. And not really, music comes in different forms. 

Any more questions or comments unrelated to entry thread will be hidden. If you have questions, please PM us for more information.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Hi my name is Katie,

I love playing and creating music. 

I currently can play the guitar, ukulele, drum and piano! 

I was fiddling around on my guitar and thought this sounded okay.

thnx

7dc3f2a47a7d6f4bd41bdc621a0dae8a.png

9f16a89baaec9c0856522b7d4d270e26.png

Katies_Signature.jpg

my thing.jpg

Achievements

Posted  Edited by JerryBomb

Song is called All of Me, artist is jon Schmidt. 

I apologize for the white noise, I can't record my keyboard very well at all. Thanks for voting! 

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fAZIQ-vpdw

Edited by JerryBomb

JerryBomb.png.e376b34f3abbf909e911ca905e69e9b5.png.148c6b4cfc47ce26dbdfacd59a6ef633.pngCreative Team of GFL.

That's it.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Worgee - Edit Reason: Poop?

Can I add an entire written song without anyone hurting me? @Bae (poop) xD :-)

Edited by Worgee
Poop?

Nerd

Achievements

• Bae unpinned this topic