Rainbow

@Shuruia will probably  give you a long ass explanation

Just now, Eli said:

@Shuruia will probably  give you a long ass explanation

I don’t mind. He explained to me about satanism. 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 people like this

"quality post"

Achievements

There is no correct thing for this... As I said in discord b4 this started, then color is the american word and colour is the british. It's all in the pronounciation of the word...

behavior vs behaviour?

Edited by Worgee
2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Worgee said:

There is no correct thing for this... As I said in discord b4 this started, then color is the american word and colour is the british. It's all in the pronounciation of the word...

behavior vs behaviour?

^This pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Colour is the correct English pronunciation, and color is the American bastardiz--  ...pronunciation.

Mostly just opinion, really.

2 people like this

Real Question:

Why is there an entire post about this? :lenny:

(its colour)

2 people like this

You may have noticed I typically use the counterparts more associated with the British.  You can see for yourself: Search.

EwZi33R.png

This isn't because of my extended stay in Europe, but because I grew up playing RuneScape and participating in their communities.  There was a period of about eight or nine years where I invested many hours of my day into that game although you'll rarely see me online now, and even more scarce to see me on for longer than an hour.

I do deliberately and make a conscious effort to use the American version for very few individuals.

Edited by Joshy
Added search link and picture

"Color" is the American English way of spelling it, "colour" the Commonwealth one. It's not just British, though.

Both are correct, but I'd advise you to use the same spelling for "color/colour" as you use for your other words. Inconsistency looks bad (e.g. "My favourite color is blue").

Edited by Dano
1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Joshy said:

You may have noticed I typically use the counterparts more associated with the British.  You can see for yourself: Search.

Hide contents

EwZi33R.png

This isn't because of my extended stay in Europe, but because I grew up playing RuneScape and participating in their communities.  There was a period of about eight or nine years where I invested many hours of my day into that game although you'll rarely see me online now, and even more scarce to see me on for longer than an hour.

I do deliberately and make a conscious effort to use the American version for very few individuals.

When I had english classes in this one school, where all the teachers were british/american, they all found it overwhelmingly surprising how much vocabulary I knew for my age thanks to runescape :)

IT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH WHEN SOMEONE FROM AMERICA SAYS COLOUR! I'M AMERICAN AND IT IS SPELLED COLOR!

color

Edited by Jat02
I don't know how to spell.

32 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Reveal hidden contents

EwZi33R.png

RuneScape is the main reason why I type so quickly. That and Minecraft.

24 minutes ago, Dano said:

"Color" is the American English way of spelling it, "colour" the Commonwealth one. It's not just British, though.

Both are correct, but I'd advise you to use the same spelling for "color/colour" as you use for your other words. Inconsistency looks bad (e.g. "My favourite color is blue").

That's not bad. 

I started this thread to jump and move on from a topic on Discord that was being discussed earlier today. I'm still curious to see which one is correct (even though both are right, I'm curious to see someone to make up an excuse for color or colour being best). 

20 minutes ago, Jat02 said:

IT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH WHEN SOMEONE FROM AMERICA SAYS COULOR!

It's a good job no one from America, or in fact anywhere, spells it like coUlor. 

3 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

It's a good job no one from America, or in fact anywhere, spells it like coUlor. 

Oops lol. I hate it so much when someone says colour that i forgot people spell it colour and not coulor.

2 minutes ago, Jat02 said:

Oops lol. I hate it so much when someone says colour that i forgot people spell it colour and not coulor.

Well I'm English and I spell it colour.

Colour

Colour

Colour

Colour

Colour

Colour

Colour

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

Before the English version of "colour" had gained its prevalence, we considered spelling it in a few different ways, such as "colur", "culoure" and coolor. This was close to the 17th century which is when the English version took hold.

So if you wanted to define the correct version as the one which was predominantly used first then it would be "colour".

The American version was worked on by a guy called Noah Webster in the middle 19th century. This was at whilst America was establishing itself and trying to break away from the English language (they almost decided to make German the official language of America as roughly 10% of the country spoke German). 

Noah is responsible for many changes in the American version of English such as the pronunciation of "z" as "zee" instead of "zed".

American- Simplified English for the simple minded.

1 person likes this

When I was in art class during high school, we use both. But our reasoning may be a bit weird. My art teacher says colour sounds more fancy and professional compared to Color. So occasionally on our assignment she either puts color or colour but as long as we know what it means, then everything is A-OK. So I mean, for me, I consider both as correct, doesn't matter if you're british or american. 

neither

it's culler

I believe the correct term is "Kuller".

Colour. 

1 person likes this