Otter

Honest question about GFL

What is so special about GFL nowadays? Why do people still find it fun to play on servers that they've put hundreds of hours into already? 

Just my honest question because anytime I go to play on a GFL server seems like everything is just the same. What makes it fun for others?

i mean this post in no disrespect, i'm just trying to see what makes others happy about it

please no drama even though drama is funny

Posted  Edited by OwnerOfGames4Dan_rapperdan

music and leads to an endless trance where I keep playing 1v1 and kinda look at the time or someone comes over or I take a shower is when I stop playing.

so ya my hours be like https://stats.gflclan.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=1386363

the cycle tends to be from I can always get back up and try again in the next 1v1 within a few seconds so people keep playing.

Edited by OwnerOfGames4Dan_rapperdan

Achievements

The reason why I constantly play on GFL servers is that first of all, our Gmod HNS server is the only alive and decent HNS server on Gmod. I love HNS, so I constantly play on the GFL server. Another reason why I play on the GFL servers in general is because I got to know quite a few people here, and it's fun to play with people you have already met in-game rather than random people from some other community, or at least that's my opinion. I'm also used to our types of servers anyway. Once I get hooked on something, I don't really like changing, so yeah, I wouldn't want to stop playing GFL's servers.

w8AIJq0.png.557da6d2ae4ce9c69c1c9e3caee5ce0d.png
Made By @Lynx

jat.jpeg.cf67632929160b2d4e0df99335e7fba6.thumb.jpeg.a268ca114a3acfa34d666597b4d1a461.jpegMade By @Charmayy

jats.jpg.83ddf264efcb7e331c28d70f002fd3f5.jpg

Made By @Gary

c349e18f2f68dbbab87526fa779bfbb2.png?width=1080&height=345

Made By @Xy

-Jat

I really don't play the servers a lot (hns sometimes), however I met a lot of friends via this community so I just hang around

wEEZhpy.jpg.54370668acb451a1bac8a5011679ce7b.jpg 

(Made by @Rose, thx :D)

[Former]- Breach Admin, OLD Purge SR. Admin, HnS admin, GMOD Murder admin, GMOD JB Admin, TTT Admin, Forum Moderator, Discord Moderator, Public Relations Team Member, Media Team Member

I'm out

Everyone in GFL is literally like a giant online family at this point, people argue, people make friends, people have relationships ((which is incest since I said Family)), and it's just overall a good community to be in when it wants to be. When you hang around and get to know the community and the people who have been in it at least a month or 2, it becomes an enjoyable experience.

Like I love my homies on the zs server and have gotten to know and meet lots of new people each time I'd play

Posted  Edited by JerryBomb

I believe that for some people, GFL's servers are not only places to play, but to socialize. Maybe people are lonely and they play on GFL because they find people in-game, and become online friends. Eventually they may (or may not) become a member, and find more people in the forums, find out about more servers and more games, and so on. 

This question could also apply to "why do you play a game so much, even with hundreds of hours played?" Because it's fun, dammit. If it gets old I'll stop playing a while, and soon i'll play again. The same likely goes for our servers, and pretty much any other server out there. It just, doesn't permanently get old. You'll become online pals with people, meet new ones, meet cancerous ones, etc. It's a great journey.

Edited by JerryBomb

JerryBomb.png.e376b34f3abbf909e911ca905e69e9b5.png.148c6b4cfc47ce26dbdfacd59a6ef633.pngCreative Team of GFL.

That's it.

Achievements

I don't really play the servers here as much anymore only when time comes that I'm required to help out or if I want to help out; But overall; this isn't my first community so I don't really have much of a bigger feelings toward GFL as to others.

I used to find it fun when I was admin but hey demotion is demotion. :d 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I don't play on the servers much, or games in general anymore, but it's fun to spend time with old friends and relive memories, or even create new ones. Makes me happy to still have some of the old players of RPG around and that still play. It's great.

As for forums, I guess I just want to keep up with everything and be toxic every once in a while. :lenny:

original.gif

Achievements

10 hours ago, Vivian said:

Everyone in GFL is literally like a giant online family at this point, people argue, people make friends, people have relationships ((which is incest since I said Family)), and it's just overall a good community to be in when it wants to be. When you hang around and get to know the community and the people who have been in it at least a month or 2, it becomes an enjoyable experience.

Like I love my homies on the zs server and have gotten to know and meet lots of new people each time I'd play

Not sure family is the word I’d use :lenny: but tbh I stay for the dank dan memes and dumb as fuck drama. Oh and i am admin

10 hours ago, Vivian said:

Family? more like a meme community. ive never had more fun with a group of people on a game more than being apart of GFL ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). personally, GFL is better than the server i used to be apart of(Jcraft, which has a corrupt as fuck staff group)

Posted  Edited by Kunkko
12 hours ago, Jat said:

Wait, but I thought the only words @Violator knows are yes, I, am, admin, and denied. How could he say no?

I tried multiple times and every time was a big "lol no"

The man of many words

Edited by Kunkko

bestpirate.gif.de491bde4cffb9a186b681b15af9a8d1.gif   76561198089778072.pnghehehe.gif