VilhjalmrF

CS:S Server Idea *Hostage Rescue & Bomb Defusal*

New Server Idea  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Why not add another server?

Posted  Edited by Kite9867 - Edit Reason: --

I think the CS:S division should host a Hostage Rescue/Bomb Defusal server. Some of these servers receive a lot of attention but most of them don't because they have shit custom maps and sounds in the server. Hell if you go on the server browser you would hardly see these servers with this game mode because most servers now are Jailbreak, Deathrun, and etc. Which is very annoying. So I think GFL should host a server like this. With no custom sounds or maps. Just good old CS:S. Fun and plain. Servers like these are really fun. And if we were to host one I would play on it a lot. Shouldn't be too hard to setup this server as it already has the game mode and maps.

Not sure when this server can be setup because if you have seen the 'Bring Back Deathrun' post, you'll see the problem. The Division Leader can't really do much. Not sure if he still having this problem. But hopefully with help and support we can get this server rolling depending on the poll. So lets see how this goes. ( And as usual the DL will pick the Manager for this server if this idea goes up. )

EDIT: Please vote and leave an opinion of what you think of this idea. It would be appreciated.  Thanks! :)

Edited by Kite9867
--

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Kubnair

YES PLEASE! these servers still get a lot of players. Communities like edge gamers get 64/64 players everyday. Me and @Roy @Kite9867 and maybe others have been playing on other bomb defusal servers and we thought one for GFL would be  awesome

EDIT: Also @OwnerOfGames4Dan_rapperdan why the fuck u vote no 

Edited by Kubnair

Achievements

Posted  Edited by OwnerOfGames4Dan_rapperdan
11 minutes ago, Kubnair said:

YES PLEASE! these servers still get a lot of players. Communities like edge gamers get 64/64 players everyday. Me and @Roy @Kite9867 and maybe others have been playing on other bomb defusal servers and we thought one for GFL would be  awesome

EDIT: Also @OwnerOfGames4Dan_rapperdan why the fuck u vote no 

I view it as a waste of resources to be used on a dying game that you could never get off the ground because any servers that already have population that are running atm will be the only ones that stand a chance.

Edited by OwnerOfGames4Dan_rapperdan

Achievements

They were trying to introduce a Dust 2 / Mini Games server.  I know it's not exactly the same as your suggestion, but it's not conceptually far from it.  The amount of mistakes and things that went wrong...  I wont discuss it, but my point is this: It's not as easy as it sounds.

I think the suggestion is going to need a little bit more of framework if you hope for the staff to make it happen.  It was popular whenever I spontaneously hosted such an event, and so I do think the server can do well with a little bit of work.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

3 minutes ago, OwnerOfGames4Dan_rapperdan said:

I view it as a waste of resources to be used on a dieing game that you could never get off the ground because any servers that already have population that are running atm will be the only ones that stand a chance.

We haven't even tried this out this can go well considering how the other servers are doing. The game isn't dying people still play it and find it a better alternative to CS: GO it's your opinion I'll let you have it but I think it's worth giving a shot.

and I ain't taking the opinion of someone who doesn't know how to spell dying xd

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Xy_
9 minutes ago, OwnerOfGames4Dan_rapperdan said:

I view it as a waste of resources to be used on a dieing game that you could never get off the ground because any servers that already have population that are running atm will be the only ones that stand a chance.

Having two machines doing virtually nothing is also considered a waste of resources.

Edited by Xy_

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Posted  Edited by OwnerOfGames4Dan_rapperdan
9 minutes ago, Kubnair said:

We haven't even tried this out this can go well considering how the other servers are doing. The game isn't dying people still play it and find it a better alternative to CS: GO it's your opinion I'll let you have it but I think it's worth giving a shot.

and I ain't taking the opinion of someone who doesn't know how to spell dying xd

are are some charts if you really wish to know and would like to see it http://steamcharts.com/app/240

then here is csgo http://steamcharts.com/app/730

and then here is Gmod http://steamcharts.com/app/4000

Now do you really think that there is a population that could be pulled in?

anyways I can't edit this that well but what I'm getting at is pretty much exactly what @Syntax is there truely nothing else that we could spend our time on other then a rather hopeless effort keep in mind we can't just make server then never try and get them off the ground and a population team is going to have to go through hell and back to get a even somewhat stable player base in this game.

also @Xy_

you are 100% right about this 

6 minutes ago, Xy_ said:
15 minutes ago, OwnerOfGames4Dan_rapperdan said:

Having two machines doing virtually nothing is also considered a waste of resources.

Edited by OwnerOfGames4Dan_rapperdan

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Syntax

What dan's trying to say is that we could use those resources in turning other ideas to life, like we don't have to do this instead there's something better, but what he's not doing is stating what's better, so I guess I mean if this sounds like a good idea to most of us then why not do it...

Edited by Syntax

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Kubnair
4 minutes ago, OwnerOfGames4Dan_rapperdan said:

are are some charts if you really wish to know and would like to see it http://steamcharts.com/app/240

then here is csgo http://steamcharts.com/app/730

and then here is Gmod http://steamcharts.com/app/4000

Now do you really think that there is a population that could be pulled in?

also @Xy_

you are 100% right about this 

just because there are overall less players on the game doesn't mean servers won't pull in players. I cannot give you a perfect example but since you decided to bring up gmod take a look at the gmod game mode Fat Kid there's only one server but it rakes in full players almost everyday but the total number of people who play fat kid is probably 30 but that's still full players everyday 

Edited by Kubnair

Achievements

There are still thousands of players.  A full server doing really well will have about 30 players online.  Is it too much to ask for <1% of the players to visit our servers?

I wont say if I am for or against, but I wont accept population as a valid excuse.

Honestly...

The CS:S division needs some love, especially from directors, we're giving too much for the CS:GO & Gmod Division yet the CSGO one is partially failing, while the CS:S one is doing well with just 2 Servers, I think we should retreat from the 2 main division and give the CS:S division more attention, it won't even take 3 days, get a secondary DL that @Thomasdavid097 chooses, and have him run the 3rd server to be created (FFA, RC or Bomb Defusal, etc...), just my opinion.

Thanks,

Syntax.

Achievements

1 minute ago, Syntax said:

Honestly...

The CS:S division needs some love, especially from directors, we're giving too much for the CS:GO & Gmod Division yet the CSGO one is partially failing, while the CS:S one is doing well with just 2 Servers, I think we should retreat from the 2 main division and give the CS:S division more attention, it won't even take 3 days, get a secondary DL that @Thomasdavid097 chooses, and have him run the 3rd server to be created (FFA, RC or Bomb Defusal, etc...), just my opinion.

Thanks,

Syntax.

They had a second division leader.  There was a lot of drama in CS:S and a lot of bad decisions were made (I'm not saying who or what).  Again: It's not as easy as it sounds.

2 minutes ago, Joshy said:

They had a second division leader.  There was a lot of drama in CS:S and a lot of bad decisions were made (I'm not saying who or what).  Again: It's not as easy as it sounds.

Yup. I still strongly believe, if everything is done better, and with help of new Tech admins and such and support from GFL, we can get more servers put up and running. Easy? No. Can it be done? I really do think so. I want it to happen, it would be amazing. 

I really want this idea to happen. CS:S needs some love and support. We've done a lot for CS:GO and GMod. And we've done some things for the mini divisions. But not a lot has happen here on CS:S. So I would appreciate it if we can get people to support and help us to get it rolling. And like some of you said, it might not be easy but I think it's worth the shot.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

I see this as a ok idea. Now for the cons, my first problem is that CS:S is kinda dying in my opinion. I would rather host it on CS:GO. Second problem is that why wouldn't someone get their friends and play hostage rescue on CS:GO?

jitticus

Posted  Edited by Kite9867
6 minutes ago, TheJitFace said:

I see this as a ok idea. Now for the cons, my first problem is that CS:S is kinda dying in my opinion. I would rather host it on CS:GO. Second problem is that why wouldn't someone get their friends and play hostage rescue on CS:GO?

Population isn't really a problem for CS:S. Like joshy said:

51 minutes ago, Joshy said:

There are still thousands of players.  A full server doing really well will have about 30 players online.  Is it too much to ask for <1% of the players to visit our servers?

So that's not much of an issue. And we're talking about doing something for CS:S. Not CS:GO.

Edited by Kite9867

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Runda
15 minutes ago, TheJitFace said:

1.6 has had a solid player base to this day, people play games because they enjoy the game, WC3 has a solid player base, D2 has a player base, MW2 has a playerbase, Starcraft has a playerbase, Last I saw older halo games have a playerbase, BF2 has a playerbase, I am sure I can keep going... People are always going to be playing older games because they enjoy them, there is no reason to be stuck on "can it find players".

Edited by Runda

So there is a new server coming to the CS:S division. And no it's not the Hostage Rescue/Bomb Defusal idea. On Trello, the server will be Surf Timer. But we shouldn't give up on this idea. If everything goes well for surf timer then hopefully this idea will go up. If you like this idea then feel free to support it. Much appreciated. :)

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements