KingstonCartel

new gungame server looking for partnership

yooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys my name is RAMBO. i recently (2 days ago) setup a GunGame Deathmatch server for CS:Source.

i am wondering if the owner of this Games For Life community would want to form a partnership with me.

i am willing to rename the server to fit the necessary requirements. i can also setup server advertisements to broadcast to the public chat to say things advertising this community such as "visit GFLclan.com to join our community" or something like this. 

i can also setup an MOTD to your choosing.

WHY AM I DOING THIS?

- the server is brand new and rarely gets more than 3 people playing

- GFL does not have a GunGame server yet for CS:Source; so i think this can work for all of us

- i have been playing on the RPG server for what seems to be over 4 years and i like this community and this is the community i want to for a partnership with

CURRENT SERVER INFORMATION?

- i will not be providing the IP or the current name of the server due to the community rules

- the current setup is an outline i would like to follow. the GG servers today are packed with admin skins, shit tons of join/win sounds and it just seems over-crowded with unnecessary mods. my current setup is very fresh and simple. GunGame mod with Deathmatch enabled (instant spawn for now, spawn delay can be added if needed), Turbo mode is enabled (turbo mode awards you with a new gun immediately upon kill without having to wait for your to spawn to receive your new-level gun), KnifePro is enabled (allows the user to steal levels from opponents if the enemy is killed with a knife)

- i already purchased and installed Fast Download, and it is very fast.

- server currently has 24 slots (if necessary i can upload it to the maximum provided by my server host)

- server is in New Jersey

this is my proposal for this awesome community, i see it as a win-win partnership and i would be honored to be part of the GFL community!

-Michael

As a community we host all our servers on our own boxes. This is so we are sure we provide the best server experience for all players (we can only account for what we host). As a community and brand, we do not let others host servers on their own boxes. 

This will most probably be a no however if you want to host a GG server with GFL, we can easily provide you with the means of a server hosted on our own box which you can manage. However, whether a GG server is wanted in the community is a whole new question on it's own, especially in CSS.

As @denros said, the server would have to be on one of our machines (for security reasons). I can talk to @Thomasdavid097 to see if he would interested in a GunGame server again. We used to have one over a year ago but it was mostly dead (never got above 10 players).

With that said, we are currently setting up another server in the CS:S division. I'm not sure if they would want to add another server to the rotation until this next server is released.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more about this in private!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Roy said:

As @denros said, the server would have to be on one of our machines (for security reasons). I can talk to @Thomasdavid097 to see if he would interested in a GunGame server again. We used to have one over a year ago but it was mostly dead (never got above 10 players).

With that said, we are currently setting up another server in the CS:S division. I'm not sure if they would want to add another server to the rotation until this next server is released.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more about this in private!

Thanks.

Well if you guys ever want a GunGame server but don't want to waste resources creating one definitely holler at me, I would love to lend GFL my server at any time.

-kc

we use to own one but I never really seen anyone play it to we were about to close the server, I don't think it be the best idea to start a gamemode like that with cs:s not doing the best at this given time.

only servers I could see coming on gflclan soon would be surf timer, MGS or DR.

sadly my vote would be no on that unless the cs:s community wanted it back, but thats unlikly tbh.

I'm the cs:s Division Leader

feel free to ask for help