Ben

Roy Halladay passed away in plane crash

F
Sorry to say I don't watch sports that much, but he looks like a pretty good guy.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

F

Although I did not follow baseball much, what I heard about this great man was never ending. Best I remember of him is throwing a no hitter one game and perfect game another, can't remember the date though, been a few years. May he rest in peace, and continue throwing them pitches up for God's team.

GFX1.thumb.png.c5c5371c03240785be325143d4584c4a.png

(Signature credit to @Clavers)

F sad to see life cut down short. Hope the air crash investigation by the NTSB can determine what went wrong and prevent further tragedy.

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

46 minutes ago, CNe7532294 said:

F sad to see life cut down short. Hope the air crash investigation by the NTSB can determine what went wrong and prevent further tragedy.

Wasn't exactly a plane it was a "Jet ski with wings" only 8 of those made apparently and 3 of them had accidents from what I've heard 

Achievements

F, rest in peace good buddy

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former GFL Council Member
  • Former Deathrun Server Manager
  • Former Murder Server Manager (2x)
  • Former Forum/Discord/TS Moderator
  • Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin
  • Former Ragdoll Combat Admin
  • Former Hide and Seek Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

76561198080414294.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad0d7752f3af933e823242707f002882.png

7ca15ba2adfc1cca1bbdd1b0e2899323.png

8a1fc7db81c9f9c55efeb06616369387.png

a23834bee8bd262ab85ddc004d8a52d4.png

37c2106e984c072a98986b80abc62302.png

ac8e16c80959c1400d7f78eb08d82b9a.png

d987b48e16877f03d3f4bd471f7a167d.png

7c3ddae8149571527b4fd382077c386b.png

addedjittogroupgay.png.b9cd0e35765a9eb4289086eb110830ed.png

crusty.PNG.ff0ad7f19b0b472ee3cf36cffd1138a4.PNG

eatcakeandcry.PNG.c3e7a72409b2c1a1bca7a659d6b0d5c5.PNG

fuckijustnutted.png.288a102240b0b61679c2a06089a8b4fb.png

quesadillaorriot.PNG.694be1708aeccc1771da16873fb0705b.PNG

3 hours ago, Kubnair said:

Wasn't exactly a plane it was a "Jet ski with wings" only 8 of those made apparently and 3 of them had accidents from what I've heard 

Actually the ICON A5 is an airplane. If it can fly, even if its just a few meters off the ground, then it is a plane (after all the wright brothers did this). I also see a stick and throttle controls. Its not even this which I think you might be thinking of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_effect_vehicle

https://www.iconaircraft.com/a5

It doesn't specify its flight ceiling but claims "Peace of Mind at 1000 feet" (I'm sure this will change though)

But you might be right about using this aircraft as a "jet ski". Especially to show off. These things aren't designed for use that way. Looking at it further, I'm sure if waves were present on the water surface, it would be no surprise as to how loss of control and an accident would occur. Its a very light aircraft which could present unstability for takeoff. Thinking is if he got into a trough then later plowed into a cresting wave. Possibly flipping over in the process. Another bad outcome is taking off in a crest, while not gaining enough forward speed for lift, causing a stall and crashing straight down as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crest_(physics)

Weather in Florida is particularly unpredictable as well.

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/national_forecast/natfcst.php

A cold front just passed thru but I think this might have been later. Still, waves from a storm system lining the North Gulf could have generated water waves leading a storm. You don't really need storms present to cause problems. Clear weather can be deceiving as well. Outside of weather, waves could have come from any ships causing wakes as they traveled. 3/8 is a horrible safety record. Basically you have a 62.5% chance of making it back in one piece. It sure doesn't help ICON that a celebrity died on their watch either. I have a feeling this aircraft can only be marketed for calm weather using lakes for takeoff and landing only. In its current state, I wouldn't even recommend use to remote places like Alaska. Where airplanes of any type are highly desired.

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri