VinZie

"small mistake" discussion

So playing at GFL for a little while now I have known a little bit about people, and staff. I love helping people and such. I was once a community owner myself and I have made mistakes from time to time. This isn't a post where you should read half of it then the staff members hide it, restrict me from posting, and warn me cause that is petty. Just listen to me about this.

I was talking to @transperoman this morning and I regularly check server statistics on Garry's Mod, CS:GO, and Rust. For a while now I would see GFL's CS:GO 1v1 at the 300 rank which is like top for out of the multiple 1v1 servers in that game. I noticed today that the server ranked has dropped dramatically cause of a rush of thinking. Currently here, I am seeing on GFL CS:GO 1v1 that the server rank is currently 656th. Just a week ago it was 381. That is almost a -300 rank drop which is huge in a week. That only happens cause something mistakenly happen, or someone just doesn't take care of their servers. But I have faith in the staff here, and the server manager @GR1FF1N I think is a amazing person. But if you look at  the hours that people have on the server. who do you see at the top? It is Dan. Now I know Dan has been staff here for I don't know how long and I can see that ever since he was demoted the rank, and popularity of that server has dropped dramatically. That can say that he has been holding that server together. He has well over 4,500 hours dedicated to that one server. Should that tell you guys a lot? That is almost half of his total CS:GO hours he has on record. That is dedication. He has put dedication into something he cares about. I saw why he got demoted cause he made a joke about playing in the PUBG tournament, which in say congratulations to GFLs team for winning the title for us, but needless to say I honestly recommend that he is giving another chance back cause of the amount of dedication he has put into that 1v1 server. That rush into the demotion caused a big fucking shit taken onto a popular server. Before you tell that Dan isn't a professional staff member, he is if you people accepted him. That one time he wasn't professional happens. He isn't the backbone of the entire community, but he was the backbone of that server. Needless to say, he should of been talked to about how unprofessional he was and given a warning, not a demotion. -VinZie

This thread is not appropriate for the greater community.  I think the better option to do is to speak with a few people in private and ask for them to PM Staff members.  You're more likely to get action from private support than a public thread in riot.

My two cents on a lesson learned then and now: Sometimes the "right answer" isn't always the better solution.  I'm not speaking of anyone in particular, but the cost of reprimanding someone can be greater than the damage they cause.  Organizations often evaluate trade-offs with each individual because it's pretty typical... and I'm not saying this is 100% always the case...  the better option might come at the small expense of someone not having the best attitude or behavior; conversely: the safer and better behavior or attitude might not always be the most progressive or productive.  Everyone wants to have someone with the best attitude and behavior, and to also be progressive and productive, but these two characteristics are usually more inherent of their improper counterparts.  We especially see this in technical fields such as engineering and this is why you might hear of terms like "shielding."

cXRtP84.png

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Sleazoid

I’m surprised that this isn’t being discussed. I don’t know the situation but i can say that the op isn’t wrong

Edited by Sleazoid

This was a Trusted+ issue where I had no say in it, seeing as Hacking was already tagged in this post, I will let her make he statement about it. I do not believe I have much say as when it comes to Dan because again, I had no part in the discussion to remove him. 

You are the manager of the server in which he was removed from. I believe you should have a say in it. But i'm not anyone important. It's just my opinion. I don't have any personal interest in Dan being admin. I don't consider him a personal friend or anything of the sort, I just know he was a good admin with more activity and passion for the server than the rest of the team combined.

Posted  Edited by Darkling - Edit Reason: Added edit section

Joshy actually hit the mark on this. Dan has always been what some would call a meme. However he was a pretty decent admin.

However over the past few months he has gotten increasingly more toxic and his attitude towards everything outside of 1v1 was absolutely appallingly.

Yes the decision to demote was made pretty hastily. But if this was any other admin, we would have done the same if not worse. 

It has gotten to the point that his increased toxicity is not worth putting up with.

Now the only issue I have is that he hasn't shown any signs of actually understanding why we took the action we did. Believing that it was just his comment on a PubG thread. 

I think this discussion should be had between Hacking and Gr1ff1n, as he has been left out from this. However I do not believe we should even consider giving him his admin back until he calms down and his attitude starts to improve.

Edit.

I do think this post should be moved back down after our discussion ends. As this will help others realise exactly why we took the action that we did.

Edited by Darkling
Added edit section

Achievements

+1 @Darkling couldnt agree more.

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former GFL Council Member
  • Former Deathrun Server Manager
  • Former Murder Server Manager (2x)
  • Former Forum/Discord/TS Moderator
  • Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin
  • Former Ragdoll Combat Admin
  • Former Hide and Seek Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

76561198080414294.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad0d7752f3af933e823242707f002882.png

7ca15ba2adfc1cca1bbdd1b0e2899323.png

8a1fc7db81c9f9c55efeb06616369387.png

a23834bee8bd262ab85ddc004d8a52d4.png

37c2106e984c072a98986b80abc62302.png

ac8e16c80959c1400d7f78eb08d82b9a.png

d987b48e16877f03d3f4bd471f7a167d.png

7c3ddae8149571527b4fd382077c386b.png

addedjittogroupgay.png.b9cd0e35765a9eb4289086eb110830ed.png

crusty.PNG.ff0ad7f19b0b472ee3cf36cffd1138a4.PNG

eatcakeandcry.PNG.c3e7a72409b2c1a1bca7a659d6b0d5c5.PNG

fuckijustnutted.png.288a102240b0b61679c2a06089a8b4fb.png

quesadillaorriot.PNG.694be1708aeccc1771da16873fb0705b.PNG

@Sleazoid I have no problem as Dan as a admin as we was a very good admin, I just had no say in his removal as it was not in my hands, but as Darkling said, his actions outside of 1v1 were getting a bit out of hand. I can no speak for myself as I did not see any of these actions outside of 1v1 since I was never told to give that attention. 

3 hours ago, Darkling said:

But if this was any other admin, we would have done the same if not worse. 

It has gotten to the point that his increased toxicity is not worth putting up with.

This. 

I shouldnt have to make a statement when his actions are a statement itself. Nobody will argue that he wasn't a damn good admin but his baggage was too much to handle in the end. regardless, he was warned many times before and just waved them off. His 'followers' treat him like a god and he started to actually believe that. If he gets off the high horse he's riding, he can reapply for his positions. I told him that. However, all he is doing is digging a deeper hole with the whole AOTM bullshit. I doubt he will smarten up. 

Image result for roo emotes

Achievements

9 hours ago, GR1FF1N said:

@Sleazoid I have no problem as Dan as a admin as we was a very good admin, I just had no say in his removal as it was not in my hands, but as Darkling said, his actions outside of 1v1 were getting a bit out of hand. I can no speak for myself as I did not see any of these actions outside of 1v1 since I was never told to give that attention. 

Don't worry too much. There is only so much a manager can do outside of there server when it comes to managing admins.

Especially when it comes to someone like Dan, who was a very good admin.

I want to move this down so that this is our statement about the situation. Normally we would keep things like this private, between us and the admin in question, but it will only keep coming back that we demoted him for "BS" reasons. 

If anyone has an issue with that then say otherwise I'll move it down after I finish work.

Achievements

8 hours ago, HackingPotato said:

I shouldnt have to make a statement when his actions are a statement itself. Nobody will argue that he wasn't a damn good admin but his baggage was too much to handle in the end. regardless, he was warned many times before and just waved them off. His 'followers' treat him like a god and he started to actually believe that. If he gets off the high horse he's riding, he can reapply for his positions. I told him that. However, all he is doing is digging a deeper hole with the whole AOTM bullshit. I doubt he will smarten up. 

Going to move this down to general section now.

Hackings statement still stands even with her recent resignation! If Dan straightens up his act then he can reapply. 

Achievements