Darkling

Public Discord Server Changes

I feel like this is kinda unnecessary. Never-mind the fact we have TeamSpeak which is slowly dying, but the various amount of GFL server-specific discords with their own voice channels and mini-communities and such, and the fact nobody uses the VCs anyway in the public discord, just kinda looks like there's too many ways to connect people vocally online. I mean, if it works, it works, but still.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

3 minutes ago, Charmy said:

I feel like this is kinda unnecessary. Never-mind the fact we have TeamSpeak which is slowly dying, but the various amount of GFL server-specific discords with their own voice channels and mini-communities and such, and the fact nobody uses the VCs anyway in the public discord, just kinda looks like there's too many ways to connect people vocally online. I mean, if it works, it works, but still.

Hey, Thank you for your feedback! Our goal with this is to more be able to bring outsiders in with games where we can't host servers ourselves. PUBG is a big example of this, as the game has exploded but servers are run by Bluehole. Obviously, games that are not popular can and will be removed to reduce clutter. To your comment on TS dying, that is exactly why I want to do this with Discord. It is really surpassing TS in a lot of ways and could be a huge avenue for us!

Thanks again for your fedback! :)

The goal for Discord is to get it partnered. We are already qualified to apply, which shouldn’t hurt. Once accepted, the permanent link would be discord.gg/gflclan - while the advertisement is like this, we should get partnered by discord. 

It will give Roy a free discord perks like nitro, access to partner server ran by Discord staff. 

76561198043643390.png

8 minutes ago, Charmy said:

It's true, people aren't generally using the Discord voice channels in comparison to a lot of other communities. Which is why we decided to go for a little redesign and a push on advertising. We should start seeing more activity within the discord channels very soon which will make these changes much more appropriate in the eyes of everyone. 

Having this all ready to go now is much better than needing it in the future in my opinion.

Achievements

On 11/25/2017 at 8:40 PM, Benroy said:

The goal for Discord is to get it partnered. We are already qualified to apply, which shouldn’t hurt. Once accepted, the permanent link would be discord.gg/gflclan - while the advertisement is like this, we should get partnered by discord. 

It will give Roy a free discord perks like nitro, access to partner server ran by Discord staff. 

so you are saying this is an effort to get a custom url? if so my discord is not "partnered" and I have one made already it's not that hard. 

you put your server id in and the custom url you want and you use discord.me which can be shown here cLHiUh9qTCKYqhlEDsgwCA.png

how does one get a server id? well you go to server settings shown here YTVCJR_ZTK_Fsk1A25c_OQ.png from there go to the widget section shown here SFo0DnXoTYi7yoK2m0ijYQ.png

LDxQPrTmTCKKq-NDhP79kw.png

the rest is pretty much self explanatory and if you want you can always visit my steam profile if you must in order to see if it works or not. here is the site if you would like it :) https://discord.me/

Achievements

3 hours ago, transperoman said:

so you are saying this is an effort to get a custom url? if so my discord is not "partnered" and I have one made already it's not that hard. 

you put your server id in and the custom url you want and you use discord.me which can be shown here cLHiUh9qTCKYqhlEDsgwCA.png

how does one get a server id? well you go to server settings shown here YTVCJR_ZTK_Fsk1A25c_OQ.png from there go to the widget section shown here SFo0DnXoTYi7yoK2m0ijYQ.png

LDxQPrTmTCKKq-NDhP79kw.png

the rest is pretty much self explanatory and if you want you can always visit my steam profile if you must in order to see if it works or not. here is the site if you would like it :) https://discord.me/

That’s different. Discord.gg is a official link that is used by the Discord. What I am saying is that being partnered will give us more perks towards to the server and will increase and encourage more people to join the server. 

76561198043643390.png