Royce

RockRoyce's Admin Application

Posted  Edited by RockRoyce - Edit Reason: Added Purple's sponsor

Name: Royce

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:96779960 

Server Playtime: 129.73 Hours

Admin sponsor: @Moose @NOT-LAW @TomRiddle @nocheat @PurpleExod

Time available & Time zone: GMT+1. I’m mainly available after 17:30 my time from Mon-Fri, except for weekends, where I’m usually always available.

Why do you want to become an admin:

I would like to be an admin as I think I’m very helpful and friendly. I want to be able help the people who are new to the GFL Community, especially to make sure they understand rules. As I’ve become more of a frequent player/member in Jailbreak, I’ve been able to meet more people and settle in quite well with this past year of playing (in both Jailbreak and slowly in the GFL community). I’ve gotten to familiarise myself with the admins; getting to know and hangout with them, which I have thoroughly enjoyed. 

If I were admin, I would be managing the rules and regulations as well as making sure no rules are broken, as sometimes I come on during odd hours with people who; break rules intentionally, and promote toxicity when admins are offline. Countless times I see people abusing the rules and being toxic, when it can easily be stopped with a warning, gag etc. Players have and will try to join in the toxicity which really brings down JB. Therefore, I'd like to reduce that and help the Jailbreak community out.

Why do you think you should be admin: 

I think I should be a GFL admin as I’m quite active and would like to help and improve the community as a whole. Although I’m 13 and don’t meet the expected age reference, I feel that I’m “more mature” and don’t have any intentions of being rude, toxic etc. Furthermore, I believe I will be responsible and keep the server clean and regulated. I’ve seen younger admins that do very well and I too would like to follow in their footsteps. I am familiar with most of the JB players and community. I feel that we are on respectively good terms with each other. Relationships between admins should always be good to an extent, as we don’t want to promote toxicity just to be friends, but we don’t want to be rude and have no one play because of unfair decisions and bias. 

I’m overall a nice, genuine person who interacts with others, and minimise potential toxicity. I know all of the rules and abide by them very well. I usually am observant of the players; telling them to stop if they abuse any rules. I thrive to be active on forums and communicate with others. 

I started playing GFL around late 2016 on BHop servers as well as surf. I then met Moose whom; goes to the same school as me and introduced me to Jailbreak and the community.  I still remember how it was all so hectic on jb_peanut, but as time went by, it became more comfortable for me as I learned all the rules and generally participated with ease. Moose has been accepted into the GFL Administrator team and has done very well. I, again, want to follow in his footsteps. It was very welcoming to me and I thought I’d give it a go. I have now great bonds with others. I’m now an active member in the GFL community, mainly in Jailbreak. GFL had given me a very warm welcome. In addition to that, GFL had really given me a spot to say that I enjoy the community, and would like to further the experience of new members.

Extra Info:

Contact me if you have questions or want to play!

I would also like to note that I won’t be on this week, got a busy week at school and so I'll be sacrificing gaming. Also, during the Christmas/Winter holidays, I will be away, however, I will make sure to pop in and out.

Discord: Royce#2997

TS3: I'm normally chilling in the lobby if I'm active/awake (most probably around the times I'm active, as listed above, more specifically after 19:00 my time)

Steam: rock_royce

Work email: [email protected] (pardon me if I don't respond in time)

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. 

Edited by RockRoyce
Added Purple's sponsor

Yours Sincerely,

Royce

Public Relations | GFL Moderator

Profile | Twitter | GameTracker | Steam | Email

Former CS:GO JB Admin/EC

I will edit this later to make this more fancy.

Anyways,

At this time, my vote will be a +1

Pros:

•very friendly

•mature given your age

•always willing to help out new players learning the rules

•Very active in the server and forums

Cons:

TBD

Things to work on:

TBD

I wish you luck on the rest of your application process!

Just now, Mould said:

I will edit this later to make this more fancy.

Anyways,

At this time, my vote will be a +1

Pros:

•very friendly

•mature given your age

•always willing to help out new players learning the rules

•Very active in the server and forums

Cons:

TBD

Things to work on:

TBD

I wish you luck on the rest of your application process!

Thank you very much for your feedback! I appreciate your +1 :D

Yours Sincerely,

Royce

Posted  Edited by Moose - Edit Reason: A instead of MY

@RockRoyce, Thank you for applying! May I also say that although I know him irl, i'm not bias to him and is evident with other admins also supporting his application. Yes, I have helped him with understanding rules and such, but who wouldn't? Yes, we are good friends. NO, I was NOT the FIRST one that he asked for a sponsorship.

+1, Confirming my sponsorship

Pros:

- Knows rules fairly well.

- Knows admins.

- Knows the JB community and is a frequent player.

- Not a toxic 13 yr old like the rest of the kids dropped off at the daycare.

Cons:

- Shit CT (comes through experience)

- Needs to develop understanding of CT rules a bit more

- Not known outside of JB that well

Improvements:

- Get on TS3 with me or other admins more. We could be playing with other members of GFL

- Try different games and servers (based within GFL) to get to know more of the community

- Play more CT to show you know the rules and that you understand them fully (Not just when admins are online)

Good Luck with the rest of your application!

-Moose

Edited by Moose
A instead of MY

1 minute ago, Moose said:

@RockRoyce, Thank you for applying! May I also say that although I know him irl, i'm not bias to him and is evident with other admins also supporting his application. Yes, I have helped him with understanding rules and such, but who wouldn't? Yes, we are good friends. NO, I was NOT the FIRST one that he asked for my sponsorship.

+1, Confirming my sponsorship

Pros:

- Knows rules fairly well.

- Knows admins.

- Knows the JB community and is a frequent player.

Cons:

- Shit CT (comes through experience)

- Needs to develop understanding of CT rules a bit more

- Not known outside of JB that well

Improvements:

- Get on TS3 with me or other admins more. We could be playing with other members of GFL

- Try different games and servers (based within GFL) to get to know more of the community

- Play more CT to show you know the rules and that you understand them fully (Not just when admins are online)

Good Luck with the rest of your application!

-Moose

Thank you very much for your feedback, Moose! I will work on my CTs skills, and maybe start playing additional servers GFL has to offer! :)

Yours Sincerely,

Royce

Posted  Edited by PurpleExod - Edit Reason: I'll write a real response later ;)
33 minutes ago, Moose said:

Rude

Edited by PurpleExod
I'll write a real response later ;)

Achievements

Confirming my sponsorship

Pros:

• Active on the server
  • Has good knowledge of the rules
  • Mature for his age
  • Has good behaviour

Cons:

Things to work on:

• Be more active on the forums
  • Be on ts more
  • Play more CT/use your mic

When Rock initially asked me to sponsor him i gave him a list of areas where he should improve in.He has shown to me that he is able to work on himself and fix the issues i have presented to him.

Therefore i am going to be giving you a +1.

@RockRoyce Good work on the Application looks like you spent time on it

CONFIRMING SPONSORSHIP

PROS:

• Active on server
  • Good Rules knowledge
  • Mature
  • Respect toward everyone on server
CONS:
  • Hopefully none
IMPROVE:
  • As Moose said, play CT a little more :P
Want to wish you good luck on the rest of your application!
+1

Former CSGO JB Admin

Former PVK Manager

Former Old CS:GO Jailbreak Event Coord

DO NOT BREAK THE LAW

Darkling.PNG.436ebf93eef74dd2d4b9bc646796716f.PNG

What Can you do as EU admin That the rest Can't? We are currently loaded with EU admins and I need a reason for me to give you a +1 you May answer in pm if you wish. If Moose were abusing would you then be able to report him to wailord and do What's right? (This is only in case, moose is a good guy). I'd like to get a shirt list of improvements That Can be done to JB, please think of it yourself and don't speak to @Moose about it (i expect moose not to). Considering you are away for a week or so I Can wait for your response till after and I expect it to be after to ensure you have thought about it. 

Neutral/TBD

Thank you for your application and the time spent on it.

-Worgee

Nerd

Achievements

If someone other than the admin has something worthwhile about the applicant that can give us more information to grasp upon when taking a decision, I am all about them posting here, but if it's something like "I hope you get admin" you can say that in a PM! This is a serious matter which more than likely will affect the server in a somewhat major scale!

yeah.gif

Good morning/afternoon/evening, admins. I've come here to just inform you all that my 1 week absence is planned as I have some tests  to prepare for. Thus, I will be inactive for a week as mentioned in my application, but I want to emphasize this point as it may have left a bad impression that I was inactive uninformed. However, I will be active on the forums/Discord/Steam if you need to reach me. Please PM me if you have any further questions as I'd be glad to help. Thank you in advance. <3

-Royce

Yours Sincerely,

Royce

Posted  Edited by PurpleExod

Confirming Sponsorship :thumbsup:

Pros:

• Knows rules and shows a good knowledge of them
  • Seems to have a good intention for the server
  • Knows most or all admins
  • Active on forums

Cons:

• EU player, which we have alot of right now

Work On:

• Play CT a little more

Overall:

You are a very good player from what I have seen, I asked you to be a bit more active on forums before I sponsored you, and I have seen an amazing improvement! The only con I could possibly see in you is that you are EU, and we have 4+ other admins that are EU as well. Overall I think you would make a great adition to the team! +1

Best of luck on the rest of your app!

Edited by PurpleExod

Achievements

Thank you very much for your response, @PurpleExod! I've acknowledged the fact that there are many EU admins, but I hope I can fill in those times that some may not. In addition to that, I hope to bring some new ideas to the table to stand out from others and be unique. ;)

Yours Sincerely,

Royce

Posted  Edited by Aurelien

Feel free to remove this if you think it's inappropriate, I'm just throwing in my two cents as a former admin.

After logging on yesterday, I saw Royce and what he did, observing him in-game and on the forums, I found out a lot about him.

Obviously there are Cons and Pros, and I might as well just start with the Pros

• Extremely friendly guy
  • Knows the rules
  • Decent activity on the forums and knows the community outside of Jailbreak 
  • Mature for his age
  • Decent CT

And then there's the Cons:

• Your activity doesn't seem very consistent as you have periods when you're not on the server

player_time.png

• It doesn't seem like the server needs more admins

Neutral.

Edited by Aurelien

FOUR!

af02fa7937e52e213e7ae229a9245274.png.36b1e74241a2a2d661636a590b0bc367.png

Achievements

Posted  Edited by RockRoyce

Thanks for the feedback @Aurelien. About the inactivity, I have recently had major tests therefore I had to AFK for a week, before that, I was very consistent with my activity. On the other hand, I hope I can be different, be unique like I had said and be flexible/kind and bring new ideas. Thank you once again.

Edited by RockRoyce

Yours Sincerely,

Royce