VilhjalmrF

Remove calladmin

Remove calladmin  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Remove calladmin?

Posted  Edited by Kite9867

So first off, I hate calladmin. You probably already know that due to me complaining about it every time on the forums, discord and on the server. People misuse calladmin.  Which may not seem like a big deal to most. But to me and the admins it is. For example, the breach admins get tagged everyday in the breach discord because the bot pings us when someone uses calladmin. And most of the time when we look at the message, the reason they needed us was for no reason at all. And it annoys the fuck out of me. "Well Kite why can't you just mute the server then?" Well I would if I wasn't a fucking breach admin.

And yes there are times that people use calladmin correctly. But most players who use calladmin, expect an admin to magically appear. So instead of using their brains and make a player report, they keep on spamming calladmin expecting an admin. This is a huge problem. I notice that not a lot of player reports are being made. Especially on Gmod TTT.  Shit goes down there everyday and player reports will be made. But ever since we've add calladmin, the only thing I've been seeing are the same people spamming calladmin. So please remove calladmin. It is annoying and pointless. And I see of no use of it anymore.

Edited by Kite9867

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

16 minutes ago, wolfblade109 said:

Without call admin we can't actually know when an admin is needed in the server. It should stay, however punishments should be more harsh for misuse

Yes more punishments might be better. Fuck I've been so angry lately but I have an idea now. Instead of letting players type in their own reason, we give them a list of reasons why they need an admin on the server. Reasons can be like, micspam, rdm, etc. And like @Benroy told me in discord, they can advertise to the player who used calladmin to make a player report instead if an admin doesn't respond. We either remove it or fucking upgrade it.

Tagging @Xy_ @Roy and @Nick to look at this suggestion.

Edited by Kite9867

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by John_Ariana_Man
1 hour ago, Kite9867 said:

I hate calladmin

But, you used it multiple times. There’s probably more but, I honestly hate admins who use !calladmin to get admins while we can just do @staff and tag everyone there. Literally no point for using unless you’re that lazy and want to do it improper. Also, #Exposed.

8BF85CB9-7E35-44DE-ACA6-6741A113323F.png

1E5C26D2-C137-472C-9777-3B0650B1FBAA.png

ADE33727-C8DB-4E77-99D5-5B551711A6C9.png

Edited by John_Ariana_Man

Server Manager of Squad.

be2e3ce9254c6a1d33fee472ec4323a3.png

Posted  Edited by Charmy
53 minutes ago, John_Ariana_Man said:

But, you used it multiple times. There’s probably more but, I honestly hate admins who use !calladmin to get admins while we can just do @staff and tag everyone there. Literally no point for using unless you’re that lazy and want to do it improper. Also, #Exposed.

8BF85CB9-7E35-44DE-ACA6-6741A113323F.png

1E5C26D2-C137-472C-9777-3B0650B1FBAA.png

ADE33727-C8DB-4E77-99D5-5B551711A6C9.png

>Complains about misusing calladmin

>Misuses Calladmin

GG Kite.

Edited by Charmy

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

I'm not sure if this is a silly question, but has call admin really been helpful?  Are enough people using it correctly such that your team catches the bad players, and I am meaning more bad players than they were before.  I think it would be interesting to take a look through SourceBans for the corresponding servers and see what the trends were like before and after call admin.

I am also wondering if there's an easy fix such as a way to mute the bot on Discord, or to filter out repeat reports if they repeat within a time period.  I'm not sure how the bot works or how much control there is over it.  If there's a programming element to it, then I would imagine the solution is very easy.

--

I personally never liked increased punishments or harshness although I do think a soft option could be reasonable for consistently misusing it.  I like the suggestion of advertising how to make a report, and I would make the guidelines really easy.  Maybe a !report option can capture their name, steam ID, and reason (kind of like a modified sm_warn), and if a lot of people are reporting a single player and someone makes a thread on the forums...  it could help with a decision or give our teams an idea of this player.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I'll just place this here:

For shoutbox, there will be a separate section for calladmin, so it won't or it shouldn't annoy you with the random calls. But if you're just annoyed on false information, then that's something we can't do about. But... I was thinking that we bring back using the sourceban report option. Like when there's no admins on, same way of typing !calladmin but it'll redirect to a form to fill and ... so like that, I presume.

But I have no objection whether to remove or keep it since I too complained to Christian :D but it's something no one can really do about. The calladmin just basically shows either someone cares for the server or just wanted to randomly say hi anyone wanna play?.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I pretty much thought the same as Derpy. Having a separate section for calladmin would be much better than it being on shoutbox. As for the misuse of the calls, there should be punishment to those members who use it incorrectly or just to take the piss. Kind of like a gag/mute from using it if admins get on and it's a false reason. I don't know.

original.gif

Achievements

23 minutes ago, Kubnair said:

THE GFL BREACH DISCORD IS CURSED I MUTED ALL NOTIFICATIONS BUT THE CALLADMIN STILL NOTIFIES ME SEND HELP

Welcome to hell.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

I've made this very helpful guide for admins on breach to help solve this issue :D

admin_guidev2.png

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

10 minutes ago, Xy_ said:

I've made this very helpful guide for admins on breach to help solve this issue :D

admin_guidev2.png

Yea but can we some how block someone by using their SteamID? Because most of the time when we get on to block the player from calladmin we can't find them because they either changed their name or left the server.

Edit: And nice ms paint skills.

Edited by Kite9867

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Just now, Kite9867 said:

Yea but can we some how block someone by using their SteamID. Because most of the time when we get on to block the player from calladmin we can't find them because they either changed their name or left the server.

Added that, needs a server reboot.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Call admin is a wonderful feature, But I do see where your coming from with the "annoying" aspect of it. What call admin is supposed to do is alert the admins that there is no admin on and there is someone breaking the rules. But what our call admin dose is just sends a msg straight to the forums/discord right away, what we should do is have the call admin plugin be more of a menu where you have a set amount of options for each server like for TTT RDM Mass RDM and so on. What we should also do is have it check to see if there is a admin on if so it prints the msg to the admin chat instead of sending it to the forums.

Former: CSGO DL

Former: CSGO TTT Manager

Posted  Edited by Moose

I do think it's a great idea and it just needs some tweaking.

I already proposed some ideas to Nick :banana: and I made a topic with a suggestion to improve it. Nick replied saying he has been working on a revamp of calladmin

Personally, as I said above, I think it should just be modified and tweaked rather than removed because it has the potential to be something great we just need to the devs and nick :banana: to make it so and I think they will :D

Edited by Moose