Thats_Miles

SCP: Secret Laboratory

I have not gotten to play it yet but to me it basically looks like the gmod gamemode with less rdm. I'll see what it's like when I play it though!

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

It's an awesome game!  Though, just take note that it is still in development and there are a few bugs.  As an example, you may not be able to connect to all servers- sometimes it'll just drop the connection, probably something dealing with open ports.  Another thing is that a lot of the fanbase (and devs) are Polish, so that may deal with the connection drops.  But overall, it's a fantastic game and gives off a strong SCP: Containment Breach and SCP: Breach (GMod) vibe, you should definitely try it out.

I wouldn't much recommend it right now. Theres quite a few things that bother me about it and I honestly preffer what my good man @Xy_ (love you!) has done with our Breach server.

Cons

It's an online game but I've yet to play online since right now since all the servers are running the previous version of the game. It doesn't look very good (lack of animations and strange textures) but I guess that's sorta common with SCP games. There is some mouse lag and I have no clue how to remove it since the game isn't popular enough to have any forums talking about fixes. Player models change to a grayed out version when players die (looks strange to me). All the class D personnel look like a depressed adult Morty. You can jump but you can't blink and it doesn't seem like you do blink automatically either (173 is in the game). From what I've heard the Plague Doctor doesn't actually turn people into zombies, just kills players instantly when touching them. It's too dark and the textures don't much help with that. It's very laggy just like in SCP: Containment Breach. Finally the tutorials aren't very helpful and leaves me wanting more (especially since you can't play online right now).

Pros

It's just a beta and I'm a picky cunt so go check it out and make your own opinions, I do think it looks promising and I hope the creators listen to the players and fix all these issues I listed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2017 at 10:47 AM, Duc2000 said:

I have not gotten to play it yet but to me it basically looks like the gmod gamemode with less rdm. I'll see what it's like when I play it though!

On 30/12/2017 at 6:43 PM, DJTapDatZombie said:

It's nicely detailed but has a lot of work for it to be playable still.

You can never find a server and the bl00m destroys you’re eyes

Danger D00del: Member

Mainly on a Breach servers

Its pretty terrible honestly. Its not properly labeled as early access, which it very much is. Its buggy, broken, the weapons are unresponsive, recoil is terrible, its easy to not even know your taking damage, the warheads are easily abused, rounds take forever if a scp-079 exists, etc.

It doesnt deserve mostly postitive reviews. It even steals assets and rooms from SCP:CB despite not having permission.