PurplePejorative

What maps should i remake

recently i remade the map surf_toast_redone, and it has seen some success so i have decided to continue to remake and produce more maps for the server. However i dont have time to spend on remaking maps people dont care about, so i need people to tell me what maps they would like to see remade
maps i am currently considering remaking (in this order):
greatriver,  10x reloaded,  megamachine/machine4,  rebel resistance,  abhorrence
i feel these maps are appreciated by the community but they could be enhanced due to their age and lack of quality
If there are specific maps people want remade then please tell me, i would be greatfull to do so

• Like 1

Im also in need of people to playtest my maps. Ive become exceedingly good at combat surf (as far as surfing is concerned) and i can no longer tell if my maps are too easy/hard. If youd be interested in playtesting my maps (probably only once/twice a week) then please pm me, ill probably pm you back when i have a map i need looked at

• Like 1

If it's for CS:GO, then count me in. If it's for source then no

Achievements

11 hours ago, Riggs said:

If it's for CS:GO, then count me in. If it's for source then no

I could make it for both if thats what you want. I know a few of the maps are already re-made for cs:go, but if you still want me remake a map then tell me

Just now, PurplePejorative said:

I could make it for both if thats what you want. I know a few of the maps are already re-made for cs:go, but if you still want me remake a map then tell me

I was talking about playtesting, make a poll in their respective sections and see what maps you should change

Achievements

This is just my opinion. It is up to you to decide what you make and not what others want you to make. The reason is you're actually only satisfying them and not just yourself. That's the point of critiques, if you can't accept critiques from others just because they don't care or like your work, then the field may not be right for you. Once you make something, someone can give you advice or recommendation on how to improve, and you fix it from there. Then, that's when somebody actually will care and possibly use your work. 

Achievements

17 minutes ago, Bae said:

This is just my opinion. It is up to you to decide what you make and not what others want you to make. The reason is you're actually only satisfying them and not just yourself. That's the point of critiques, if you can't accept critiques from others just because they don't care or like your work, then the field may not be right for you. Once you make something, someone can give you advice or recommendation on how to improve, and you fix it from there. Then, that's when somebody actually will care and possibly use your work. 

Think of time as money. i dont want to spend my time if im not going to get any return on it. I want people to enjoy my maps, so im going to want people to tell me what maps they would like to see made. that way i know im not waisting my time. I find fixing a map after ive made it is not a productive way to spend my time, and getting some critique on a map before i release it to the general populous will result in a better experience for everyone.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PurplePejorative said:

Think of time as money. i dont want to spend my time if im not going to get any return on it. I want people to enjoy my maps, so im going to want people to tell me what maps they would like to see made. that way i know im not waisting my time. I find fixing a map after ive made it is not a productive way to spend my time, and getting some critique on a map before i release it to the general populous will result in a better experience for everyone.

I don't think you understood what I am saying. I never mentioned time or profit, and I am only saying that you don't ever go according to what people want. So from what I read so far is that you're willing to make someone a map that could possibly be really horrible but they like it. Is that what you're saying? If you're only going to make what others care and love than perfection and what you believe should be good, then that's just weird in many levels.

Achievements

There are already remakes for a lot of those maps. None of them really improve on the original I think. The jail in toast was a pile of shit and the map as a whole was just very badly made in general. So, yeah it needed a remake. 10x already has a few remakes, but besides being ugly its a time tested map. Maybe retexture with non-dev stuff at the most I think. Machine has a ton of remakes and still like original best. Same for great river.