NOT-LAW

Changing in VG

Someone has recently brought up the idea, of which I think would be a good change for the server, to change the !vg command (voting to kick a guard from ct) to be a member only command that would maybe help some people understand it more, and hopefully make people more likely to apply for member. It would hopefully allow the staff team to not get as many reports of people abusing the command and making it easier to punish. I am posting this because, hopefully, it will give the idea more support and allow everyone to give input on the idea. Any thoughts on the idea appreciated :thumbsupup:

Former CSGO JB Admin

Former PVK Manager

Former Old CS:GO Jailbreak Event Coord

DO NOT BREAK THE LAW

Darkling.PNG.436ebf93eef74dd2d4b9bc646796716f.PNG

Posted  Edited by RockRoyce - Edit Reason: Cuz fuk nocheat

Well... Although this idea seems legitimate, it does have its faults... This is because of the fact that non-members should have the right to VG if they’re only non-members on or mainly non-members. In addition, there are quite some players who know what’s right and can VG. Yes, it’ll get people to apply, but on the otherhand, people would be CT more likely as you need more than 50% of the votes to complete the VG, which allows more cancerous CTs, that in the long-run will just make more reports about bad CT and no VG. If not everyone is for the VG, people will have bias, and also not VG with a few members on for example, where the 50% problem comes... The majority of players wouldn’t get a chance to vote and make their decision in what’s right or wrong. In addition, I’m fully sure that the admin team are capable of handling so.

I get where you’re coming from with the fewer false VGs, but members also do false VG frequently (it’s not hard to get member) and players should VG and have their say, even though it’s wrong. The members, who I know do false VG frequently, will also do wrong, and then more CT appeals will be made.

tl;dr - Good idea, but members can also false VG. The players need to also have a say, and not just members who can have bias.

Gonna say neutral slightly leaning towards -1 if we are voting like so.

Edited by RockRoyce
Cuz fuk nocheat

Yours Sincerely,

Royce

Public Relations | GFL Moderator

Profile | Twitter | GameTracker | Steam | Email

Former CS:GO JB Admin/EC

@NOT-LAW is of a special kin, ‘borkee’ ( @Worgee )

yeah I agree with the overall goal, but some of our ‘active / whateverthefuckingwordwecallthem’ are abnoxious and bla bla bla. That and some people may abuse this by going ct when not very many members are on (which tbh, i haven’t seen 51% members on in a while but then im not on either xd). 

Byah i think it would be interesting ¿maybe some test run?

We had this on GmodJB and it was very largely abused, hard for admins to enforce, as they're isn't a way to pick a new warden when the current ones been demoted. don't know if that's true for csgo but just some things to look out for. Basically be ready for admins to have to deal with that A LOT

STEAM 

76561198079961574.pngAddFriend.png

Posted  Edited by JGuary551

Or we could do instead of  applying for member (but I like them applying) have a certain amount of hours on the server so like a perk if you have 40-50 hours you get to vg or take !vg off put it on the shop for like 5000 credits and whoever buys it and picks the person has to stay off for the whole game of the map.But I do Like @NOT-LAW idea members only but like if someone is RDMing and no ones recording and only 2 members are on they cant kick the person so make members VG higher than non members same for vip make there more than members 

Edited by JGuary551

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

Well the problem here is for new players coming to GFL it would cause them to not be able to !VG a bad warden/ct causing them to not have fun therefor leaving gfl.

Former: CSGO DL

Former: CSGO TTT Manager

2 hours ago, JGuary551 said:

Or we could do instead of  applying for member (but I like them applying) have a certain amount of hours on the server so like a perk if you have 40-50 hours you get to vg or take !vg off put it on the shop for like 5000 credits and whoever buys it and picks the person has to stay off for the whole game of the map.But I do Like @NOT-LAW idea members only but like if someone is RDMing and no ones recording and only 2 members are on they cant kick the person so make members VG higher than non members same for vip make there more than members 

When you only have 47 hours under your main name

jinnd1.png

Simple solution- Make it member only for a few weeks and if it doesn't work out change it back. (Keep in mind if they make it member only they will have to change the votes to only count members and above.)

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

Posted  Edited by Moose

Maybe instead of having rely solely on ‘players’ and to add ‘perks’ to the member role, make it so a non-member’s percentage is less than a member’s

so if there are 13 people playing, 3  cts, 8 Ts

Right now, anyone would be 10%

what if we made it so a member was like 13% and player was 7% or something along those lines

——————————————

i still think there’s an issue with giving our member fella’s more power as some of them are cancerous and would vg and abuse what they can. 

Edited by Moose

On 1/4/2018 at 1:54 AM, Moose said:

Maybe instead of having rely solely on ‘players’ and to add ‘perks’ to the member role, make it so a non-member’s percentage is less than a member’s

so if there are 13 people playing, 3  cts, 8 Ts

Right now, anyone would be 10%

what if we made it so a member was like 13% and player was 7% or something along those lines

——————————————

i still think there’s an issue with giving our member fella’s more power as some of them are cancerous and would vg and abuse what they can. 

Mate you trying to steal my ideas 

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg