Bae

Art of the Month: January

Posted  Edited by Bae

ART OF THE MONTH: JANUARY 2018

Brought to you by the GFL Media Team

Welcome back to the eleventh Art of the Month (AOTM) contest. If you need to read over the rules and guidelines, refer to this thread:

The theme of this month is DIY Crafts. Here is an example image:

See the source imageSee the source image

You must have artistic talent to submit. All submission is to be sent to the

through PM, please title - AOTM JAN 18. We will no longer accept submission on the thread, you are free to ask questions on here to get more details upon this month's theme. During voting, if you announce that it's your art, you are disqualified from the contest. When submitting, please provide the tutorial you use and show us your results.

The deadline is January 31st. Afterwards, a poll will be made for voting and winner will be chosen by then. 

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

On 1/2/2018 at 4:09 PM, Bae said:

You must have artistic talent to submit

I hope this isn't used to keep certain people out of competitions, due to the fact artistic "talent" is in everyone and is seen through their own eyes as talent.

If it's used in such a way, it completely negates this:

On 1/2/2018 at 4:09 PM, Bae said:

This is to prevent anyone being bias and showing favoritism

Good luck to everyone who enters.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

Posted  Edited by Bae
1 hour ago, Charmy said:

I hope this isn't used to keep certain people out of competitions, due to the fact artistic "talent" is in everyone and is seen through their own eyes as talent.

If it's used in such a way, it completely negates this:

Good luck to everyone who enters.

It's literally a copy and paste from all the aotm. If that's how you want to treat the rules then I feel bad that you were ever a manager or on the team. If you're so unsatisfied about something that was put in place by majority vote.

Edited by Bae

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Charmy
35 minutes ago, Bae said:

It's literally a copy and paste from all the aotm. If that's how you want to treat the rules then I feel bad that you were ever a manager or on the team. If you're so unsatisfied about something that was put in place by majority vote.

Are you dense? I don't understand how that's a way of "treating the rules". I simply stated if you don't let someone enter due to not having "artistic talent", it's bias, due to what I've said above. This is also something you said you wanted to avoid, so i'm reminding you and anyone else who checks the entries. 

You can throw shade at me with the whole "I feel bad you were ever a manager or on the team", even if it had nothing to do with the topic other than to make you seem like you had a solid point, which you definitely did not, all you want. It doesn't take away the simple statement i said that if you deny someone entry to the contest because YOU don't see them as talented, it's bias, and it's countering the other said statement of wanting to avoid bias.

Feel free to talk to me more in PM, other than that, my point wasn't proven wrong and you attempted the weakest trick in the book of mocking me and my previous positions. GG "Leader"

EDIT: just in case you forgot what bias meant.

ecf1e59fdd598da1109f124e70b917f3.png

Edited by Charmy

32 minutes ago, Charmy said:

Are you dense? I don't understand how that's a way of "treating the rules". I simply stated if you don't let someone enter due to not having "artistic talent", it's bias, due to what I've said above. This is also something you said you wanted to avoid, so i'm reminding you and anyone else who checks the entries. 

You can throw shade at me with the whole "I feel bad you were ever a manager or on the team", even if it had nothing to do with the topic other than to make you seem like you had a solid point, which you definitely did not, all you want. It doesn't take away the simple statement i said that if you deny someone entry to the contest because YOU don't see them as talented, it's bias, and it's countering the other said statement of wanting to avoid bias.

Feel free to talk to me more in PM, other than that, my point wasn't proven wrong and you attempted the weakest trick in the book of mocking me and my previous positions. GG "Leader"

EDIT: just in case you forgot what bias meant.

ecf1e59fdd598da1109f124e70b917f3.png

ez pz gg

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

10 minutes ago, John_Ariana_Man said:

I just wanna say, why does it have to be sent to you? Why can’t it be looked by other people to judge wather it’s good or not. 

Because last time it caused some little drama over Dan losing AOTM, causing some people getting banned and threatening.

I kinda disagree with how you are required to be talented to enter Art of the Month. I almost once did enter the contest until I learned that you have to get great photography skills. Given the fact that I really don't have talents on anything, this prevents me entering art contests when I feel like wanting to do so. 

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by John_Ariana_Man - Edit Reason: I hate this phone.
15 minutes ago, Benroy said:

Because last time it caused some little drama over Dan losing AOTM, causing some people getting banned and threatening.

It should be sent to more than just one person so it isn’t being looked at only by one person. She could be biased on most things. People may think it’s good art where she could say it isn’t. I don’t have good art skills so i can’t enter either so. Don’t have to worry about me any time soon lol. 

Edited by John_Ariana_Man
I hate this phone.

Server Manager of Squad.

be2e3ce9254c6a1d33fee472ec4323a3.png

1 minute ago, John_Ariana_Man said:

It should be sent to more than just one person so it isn’t being looked at only by one person. She could be biased on most things. People may think it’s good art where she could say it isn’t. I don’t have good art skills so i can’t enter either so. Don’t have to worry about me any time soon lol. 

I believe you send her so when she makes the voting post it's all anonymous and people will vote based on skill rather then who made it.

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

1 minute ago, John_Ariana_Man said:

I don’t have good art skills so i can’t enter either so. Don’t have to worry about me any time soon lol. 

that's a giant problem, people shouldn't be limited to their own ability to PARTICIPATE. if you lose, you lose.

The AOTM contests seem more biased as more contests roll by. it's unfair to most and potentially rigged for many. It needs to be fixed and some positions need to be reconsidered.

45 minutes ago, Pyros said:

I believe you send her so when she makes the voting post it's all anonymous and people will vote based on skill rather then who made it.

Well, if people vote on it because they like the guy and they don’t care about the art. What are they even doing here? lol. I will agree, I like the idea of that but no idea that you have to have “good art skills” so you cant draw like stick figures and have rainbows in the background for say. Because, that’s my type of art lol.

Server Manager of Squad.

be2e3ce9254c6a1d33fee472ec4323a3.png

Maybe you could all take this discussion somewhere else than the AOTM for January? If you want to complain about it then make a new thread and use that instead of using up space in this thread for a competition.

Thanks,

-Worgee

Nerd

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Bae

I think you guys are all misreading what I'm trying to say. That's why I said multiple times that I have horrible English.

The point of the bias is for the anonymous voting. The reason why it is sent to me is because the only active members in the team is me,

@DoctorDJ, @Dreamm and Jerrybomb (I cannot tag anymore, it doesn't let me). It is up to their decision if they want to host or be the sole person to receive the entries. This is our first time doing it this way, so it was suggested to be sent to me first to see how it goes. But clearly, you guys hate me so much that you rather send it to someone else. Grow up for god sakes. Artistic talent meaning that you know what to do. Heck, I am not even majoring in art but I'm doing it as a hobby. And for any of your information, the actual professional already said my art is still bad and lacking, so if anything, I am not artistic.

The term artistic that I claim to learn is that you know creativity. 
-Google Definition-
Artistic: of, relating to, or characteristic of art or artistry.
Art: a skill at doing a specified thing, typically one acquired through practice. // the various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance.
Creative: relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work.

EDIT 4:19PM 1/4/17

TOTAL ENTRIES RECEIVED: 2

Edited by Bae

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

UPDATE

I will not be available as much in the later months due to school so please send it to anyone in the link attached on the first post to direct yourself to the team directory. If you are sending it through discord, that is fine as well.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Rose

The Media team already have a couple ideas planned out for the next couple AOTMs. But you can suggest one by PM'ing one of the Media members! You can find the current Media members here.

Edited by Rose

de247ln-88ce2fb2-8f7c-4f43-b129-1e2919f9