RVFK

CSGO 1v1 Maps

I was going through the 1v1 maps and noticed they aren't optimized very well, so if you need someone to fix the maps I will be willing to fix them. For example peekaboo 

Not sure if this is in the right place.

5a4ed31953645_GFLsaimmap.thumb.png.14182984bbfc40d5ad326bfc1ce4ad8f.png

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

Posted  Edited by QiadoxSkel

I'm not sure the lack of optimization here actually matters, the void between the islands are going to cause other islands to not render. Furthermore due to the extremely small amount of area being rendered unless there's some particularly terrible visleafing or the map maker grievously screwed up their entmaking any of the obvious optimizations (nodraw etc.) made could likely produce a level of performance indistinguishable from the initial map and would therefore be optimization for optimization's sake.

That being said it's good practice and I encourage it regardless.

Edited by QiadoxSkel

Former CSGO Deathrun Admin

Former CSGO TTT Manager

10 minutes ago, QiadoxSkel said:

I'm not sure the lack of optimization here actually matters, the void between the islands are going to cause other islands to not render. Furthermore due to the extremely small amount of area being rendered unless there's some particularly terrible visleafing or the map maker grievously screwed up their entmaking any of the obvious optimizations (nodraw etc.) made could likely produce a level of performance indistinguishable from the initial map and would therefore be optimization for optimization's sake.

That being said it's good practice and I encourage it regardless.

It's not only optimization, I know what you mean with the islands they take up the whole grid, and the grid work is disgusting

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG