nocheat

New Reactions:Dislike

Add Dislike as a reaction?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Add Dislike as a reaction?

• Yes
    • No

I think there's a good and bad side of a dislike. Even facebook took it down since it could be used by a group of people to haunt other persons online. If it is added we should be aware of this.

:) 

Nerd

Achievements

10 minutes ago, PaxPlay said:

-1, this feature would probably only be used by trolls

Then we report the post and have someone remove reactions if they were to troll

76561198043643390.png

Well, the negative react thing could be used as in disagreeing. Not all offensive things are reportable. So @Nick, I could have a disagree thing instead of a angry thing. Wouldn’t make sense to react with a angry face now would it?

Server Manager of Squad.

be2e3ce9254c6a1d33fee472ec4323a3.png

Posted  Edited by rapperdan

@Nick tfw it's not on the forums because it has another use...

-10 rep is so stupid...

but ya nick if you wanna release the deets and show why it's not a thing, I think we might be looking at how people view this a tad bit different. anyways you can share the mechanics of that feature if you wish and how it could go so wrong.

the main reason it seems has been resolved, which makes the only issue present that could occur is a form of cyber bullying and social justice warriors and tbh that is somewhat of a big issue in it's self picture how a manager could look if we did this or really anyone it would hurt how something can function and make the right choices as a whole, and honestly the pressure put on many could result in poor choices being made and could indirectly have very bad consequences as the result of someone trying to please many, but not doing what they feel is right at the same time, the issue is an issue atm even and increasing the strength of the present issue could have very bad results anyways if anyone here remembers the name omid, omid bumped heads with a few people and well was disliked by many even though he/she might have did some bad the minus rep feature was somewhat like book burning practices and kinda hid all content of the person in a level like basis, -1 rep was fine but the later restriction applied where some what retarded -10 rep was what omid had and well if anyone recalls or what here at that time it was like seeing someone disappear that had a somewhat large impact in this community which in all honesty is like book burning practices like data erasing for almost no one to be capable of learning anything from that case.

@JerryBomb you might be able to shed some light on this as you did have -1 rep on your alt for a reason and that is the lowest of the low in terms of the restrictions it could apply and tbh -1 rep was the only stage that I know of that even had a feature that was of somewhat use, as it made sure an alt would not be banned for abusing the like feature and kinda agreeing with yourself kinda deal.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Alright, so there's clearly a lot of people who want this feature, but we have mostly heard opinions against it, would some more want to share their opinion for it?

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

Posted  Edited by Rose

If it ever gets implemented, at least display it separately from likes. I don't feel your reputation should suffer because of people dislike you as a person and not the content of the post itself. 

Just a thought though~

Edited by Rose

de247ln-88ce2fb2-8f7c-4f43-b129-1e2919f9

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
12 minutes ago, Nick said:

Alright, so there's clearly a lot of people who want this feature, but we have only heard opinions against it, would someone want to share their opinion for it?

if we do add it, I don't think we should ban anyone and people should be entitled to say if they dislike something, and atm I'm somewhat concerned how many bans we might be looking at, for the reason of "trolling"

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Posted  Edited by nocheat - Edit Reason: grammar

Dislikes should not affect a person's reputation in any way,for the sake of people abusing it,while i did not intend it initially it can be seperated from other reactions.It could have a lot of different uses to it such as letting the poster know you disagree with him or even down voting certain suggestions etc.It can even give insight to announcement/update topics server and community wise,that you're not a fan of the changes made etc.So they could be very useful and allow people to express their opinions in new ways.

Edited by nocheat
grammar

I agree on adding a dislike button of some sort, but as @Xy_ stated that it shouldn't effect the reputation of the person's content. 

GFL Current and Former Positions:

GFL Media Team Graphic Arts

Former GMod Deathrun (US) Senior-Admin

Former GMod Prop Hunt (US) Admin

Former GMod Jailbreak (US) Trial-Admin

Former GMod Breach Admin

Former GMod Hide and Seek Admin

STEAM Profile
YouTube || GFLClan || GameTracker || Discord: Lynx#9968

ZssHI1C.jpg

GUxvRJS.jpg

~Made by the lovely @Rose::x: Thanks. <3

Achievements

I think I like disagreement best because it's less condescending.
If we did add dislike though deff should be a thumbs down emoji.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

6 hours ago, Worgee said:

I think there's a good and bad side of a dislike. Even facebook took it down since it could be used by a group of people to haunt other persons online. If it is added we should be aware of this.

:) 

I agree with this.

If we do add the "dislike" reaction, it will not affect rep in any way. Though, I still feel people will abuse this reaction on users they personally do not like which could lead to more problems in my opinion.

Thanks.