Ali

Skins for Members

Skins for members seems like a great incentive for playing. But there have been some recent financial issues within GFL, so they are searching for things that can make becoming a VIP more enticing, which means that members will not likely get models. Here is the post discussing in full the future of GFL, including the financial solutions. 

We thought about adding this for members to get.. Although the only reason we have fell away from adding them is the lag for low-end PC's. When I was member I thought the same thing should be added.. But the models do really lag the server because of their extra detail.. Unless EVERYONE grabbed a big good pc, it would be completely devastating to the notsorich people. 

Sorry guys.

Maybe consider buying VIP? ;)

Edited by PaperMoney

They can't really donate at the moment, and its not just VIP, it's supporter+ pointshop models. But like yeah, I'm pretty sure TTT is supposed to be a fastdl server, so any big files models is going to slow down the download and stuff. Depending on whether the manager wants to or not, models crash server more than anything on the pointshop.

When donations are back up, I'd just suggest donating 5$ and then you can get the player model. If not then suck it up. 

Well maybe being able to purchase the other skins that were Terrorists in Counter Strike wouldn't be a bad idea for people who don't want to donate. There are already several default player models for them as part of counter strike, so players wouldn't have to download anything extra for them/

I like default models better. It doesn't have any bugs or glitches whenever you play them. 

Without skins is good and bad, good because avoids players kosing another player based in his/her player model, and it's back because donators+ have skins and is easier for them to be kosed in skin

I understand that there are pros and cons, the cons outweighing the pros in some cases, but this is what I'm talking about. The player models shown below are already in all Counter Strike games, which those textures and models are already needed for the server. Players would not need to download anything extra for these.

And I realize that the terrorist picture is an outdated version but you get my point. I also added Counter Terrorists player models because they work well too.

gamcounterstrikehand530-copy2.jpg53d4128c293c0.jpg

5 hours ago, TheKingOfPyros said:

Without skins is good and bad, good because avoids players kosing another player based in his/her player model, and it's back because donators+ have skins and is easier for them to be kosed in skin

That's basically the same thing if we add models or not

On 6/6/2016 at 9:40 AM, Ali said:

I have 20k points and with so few skins in the game maybe let members get to buy them it takes awhile to get 20k also

I know this is 2.5 years late, but members can now buy skins. MilkMan just added them. 
Also, Happy New Year 😉

#DeadPost

• Like 1

On 6/6/2016 at 9:34 PM, LitTwix said:

When donations are back up, I'd just suggest donating 5$ and then you can get the player model. If not then suck it up. 

HOLYSHIT ITS MUTHAFUCKING BURTS IN DA HOUSE

come back i miss you. 

Edited by ThePromisedNevergoat
  • Late 1
  • OMEGALUL 1