Joshy

Latest Thread/Post - Remove Applications

Hi,

Any chance we can remove the Member Applications from the Latest Threads and Posts (right region/panel)?  I get that Member Acceptors may find it useful; however: It dominates over the other threads where discussions and activity can take place.  I would imagine Latest Topics and Posts is helpful for sparking activity, and so these administrative posts are not very helpful.

5wB1wAW.png

If it's possible (or as a compromise/resolution), then make the posts visible to anyone who can accept members into the community, and so they can still the applications in a timely manner and it doesn't affect the majority of the community members who can't do much for these threads.

I would extend this suggestion to other administrative posts for consistency and the same mechanism, but it doesn't matter as much to me because they aren't as frequent as Member Applications.

Cheers.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I wouldn't totally support removing them from Posts. But it's not really necessary on Latest Topics, once the application is accepted/denied it vanishes from Latest Topics.

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

7 hours ago, Joshy said:

Hi,

Any chance we can remove the Member Applications from the Latest Threads and Posts (right region/panel)?  I get that Member Acceptors may find it useful; however: It dominates over the other threads where discussions and activity can take place.  I would imagine Latest Topics and Posts is helpful for sparking activity, and so these administrative posts are not very helpful.

5wB1wAW.png

If it's possible (or as a compromise/resolution), then make the posts visible to anyone who can accept members into the community, and so they can still the applications in a timely manner and it doesn't affect the majority of the community members who can't do much for these threads.

I would extend this suggestion to other administrative posts for consistency and the same mechanism, but it doesn't matter as much to me because they aren't as frequent as Member Applications.

Cheers.

Well, once they are accepted, they go away.  The problem arises when theres some intervention. But typically once they are locked, they go away

wEEZhpy.jpg.54370668acb451a1bac8a5011679ce7b.jpg 

(Made by @Rose, thx :D)

[Former]- Breach Admin, OLD Purge SR. Admin, HnS admin, GMOD Murder admin, GMOD JB Admin, TTT Admin, Forum Moderator, Discord Moderator, Public Relations Team Member, Media Team Member

I'm out

57 minutes ago, Astro said:

Maybe add a box below it that says “x amount of Pending Membership Applications” and removing them from the list?

This actually sounds like a good alternative :thumbsup:

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

I've made the changes so that they no longer appear in the sidebar. 

This will also mean that you can now only see your own application whilst it is still waiting to be accepted or denied, unless your are a member acceptor+

Achievements