DaLaw

All these people leaving.

DISCLAIMER : Before I start just know this is not a post to tear down the community or insult it in anyway. It is just my opinion.

(But you guys can lock this, delete this, move this to idk where,  I don't really care.)

Even though I have left the community somewhat, I still pop in at times to see who is still here or what is going on.

Recently I have noticed some of these wonderful players leaving because of drama, stress, or other reasons.

Don't get me wrong it is upsetting to see anyone leave because of others, which no one can help.

A lot of things have changed from 4+ years but the main thing that I believe has changed is mindsets or main functions.

When I was let's see 13/14 years old, it seemed like the individuals here just wanted to have a relaxing time on servers

(Don't get me wrong there was still a decent amount of drama). (Also yes you can figure out how old I am you pedophiles :ninja:)

Four years later a decent amount of people have left, and it seems like an uptight business more than a gaming community.

Don't get me wrong, a decent amount of newer kids have joined. Also I have made lasting friendships from this. 

But it's not in any shape or form the same community as it was. Which can be a good or bad thing.

I guess the main thing I am trying to say is stop causing drama you nonsense kids and people won't leave..

Jkjk but I just felt like sharing my opinion for a short time.  I will see you guys in a month or so  :hahayes:

I still love this cancerous community

GFL Ranks

[Former] Manager for Purge/DarkRP.                 

[Former] Manager for AWP 24/7

[Former] Senior Badmin for the old Purge.

[Former] Senior Badmin for the new Purge.             

[Former] Senior Admin for Hightower. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort 2

[Former] Human Resources.  

[Bans] Old Purge - 400+

[Joined] 2012-2013.

Achievements

Yea I've notice some players leaving due to stress or drama that happened here on GFL. What sucks more is that I know some of those players who left. Feelsbadman

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

57 minutes ago, Kite9867 said:

Yea I've notice some players leaving due to stress or drama that happened here on GFL. What sucks more is that I know some of those players who left. Feelsbadman

It’s sad because a lot of wonderful people have left over the years.

GFL Ranks

[Former] Manager for Purge/DarkRP.                 

[Former] Manager for AWP 24/7

[Former] Senior Badmin for the old Purge.

[Former] Senior Badmin for the new Purge.             

[Former] Senior Admin for Hightower. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort 2

[Former] Human Resources.  

[Bans] Old Purge - 400+

[Joined] 2012-2013.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I'm glad you brought this up because I wrote about this whole culture thing just before my demotion in some thread with a title like "We Value Your Input" or some silly lie like that.

Anyhow: People will always be leaving and so I think that alone does not negatively reflect the community.  I suspect 10 ~ 20 of us have been on the edge of leaving and have been thinking about it for a while...  that one person who does it pushes the rest of the dominoes down, and so you'll see many people leave in brief periods of time.  It happens everywhere.

What concerns me further than this is how we respond to it, and how we stay competitive.  What are we producing new or which characteristics are we toning?  If people leave, then are people coming in too?  For example: You may have seen two recent promotions for CS:GO Division Leader, but did you see Server Managers follow?  Council failing us in the past, moving to Community Advisors, and then going back to Council and doing it all over again; their team has become a bit feeble and quiet too.  You don't need to be from the future or to be a scientist to take make a sensible estimate if you've already seen it happen before.

If you're really concerned for the community, then here's what you're going to have to do...  make it happen yourself.  Don't just ask what's going wrong or post about how concerned you are for people leaving.  The staff team already knows I don't think they are doing very a good job, and so it's up to people like you to get on it.  Don't just talk about it, but do something.  Start recruiting; start those threads and respond to others.; share your ideas; host an event; make the community you want to be a part of and lead the way.  Be a champion and be passionate.  I have seen the following during all of the time I have been here (and I've seen it elsewhere too): I've noticed that regular members have had a stronger impact on the community than staff members who have grown weary, bored, or playing it too safe in order to retain their title and be worked by the system.  Practicing here will really help you out with it when you do it in real life, and it'll really be rewarding even if you get nothing out of it here.

Good luck.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by i have had it up to here
On 2/11/2018 at 9:34 PM, DaLaw said:

DISCLAIMER : Before I start just know this is not a post to tear down the community or insult it in anyway. It is just my opinion.

(But you guys can lock this, delete this, move this to idk where,  I don't really care.)

Even though I have left the community somewhat, I still pop in at times to see who is still here or what is going on.

Recently I have noticed some of these wonderful players leaving because of drama, stress, or other reasons.

Don't get me wrong it is upsetting to see anyone leave because of others, which no one can help.

A lot of things have changed from 4+ years but the main thing that I believe has changed is mindsets or main functions.

When I was let's see 13/14 years old, it seemed like the individuals here just wanted to have a relaxing time on servers

(Don't get me wrong there was still a decent amount of drama). (Also yes you can figure out how old I am you pedophiles :ninja:)

Four years later a decent amount of people have left, and it seems like an uptight business more than a gaming community.

Don't get me wrong, a decent amount of newer kids have joined. Also I have made lasting friendships from this. 

But it's not in any shape or form the same community as it was. Which can be a good or bad thing.

I guess the main thing I am trying to say is stop causing drama you nonsense kids and people won't leave..

Jkjk but I just felt like sharing my opinion for a short time.  I will see you guys in a month or so  :hahayes:

I still love this cancerous community

if you really want to know the real issue, it is so simple and it is the fact that nobody can laugh at anything many people do not understand that they look like this a lot of the time 

nobody can take almost any of the higher ups in any serious context because of how they handle things we where great in the past because of one reason and one reason alone we are not a serious rp community and all of those communities fail at some point or another so why do we try and become what we are not when we can be better and attractive to such a huge massive group of people by simply being an enjoyable person and not out to strike anyone and everyone if you meet a troll on the internet don't try and fight it as more will come and mock you as you handled something in a very bad way I learned how to deal with trolls ages ago from a server known as mini games on csgo I'm sure many people might have heard how stupid I handled things but I grew from it and adapted what we are dealing with or the major issue is people lack exposure on many things in turn people almost get smacked by culture shock like spots that they end up in.

but there is a fix and it is easier then anyone can imagine and all it is, is just enjoying yourself and leaving all hate or grudges at the door as they serve no point if people can enjoy them selfs the positivity will spread just like how hate and grudges can spread but we can pick one or the other enjoyment or a shitty crappy life the first one is the easiest on anyone.

Edited by i have had it up to here

Achievements

5 hours ago, TheLastBee said:

I think people would stay more if there were more shitposting. Our shitpost quotas just aren’t being met like they used to be.

EXPLAIN why tf my ICE taste like WATER.

All communities going down say that.  What's important isn't the fact that people are leaving, but the ratio of how many leave compared to how many come in; furthermore: How involved the future generations of members are, but I think we're getting too ahead of ourselves looking into that detail if that ratio - to begin with - is not looking too promising.

I think we just need a more positive community, no matter who comes and goes. We can only improve on what we learned why that person(s) left us for. About the higher-ups thing, I think we do but we don't actually DO anything or take real action, we may post it, talk about it, and then forget. I really haven't seen a lot of these ideas (posts) actually be taken into action. Yes, you could say why don't you do it yourself, but it really takes a village to make something become BIG and GREAT. People leave for many reasons but most of the time it really isn't because the community well maybe starsandspiders resign was (that stuck out to me the most) but what can we really do about that? Not a whole lot besides improve (I said this before). 

giphyMilkMan.gif.fb5ae94508aa4d64ac8cb43f19d36ff4.gif

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: Removed last half
1 hour ago, MilkMan said:

I think we just need a more positive community, no matter who comes and goes. We can only improve on what we learned why that person(s) left us for. About the higher-ups thing, I think we do but we don't actually DO anything or take real action, we may post it, talk about it, and then forget. I really haven't seen a lot of these ideas (posts) actually be taken into action. Yes, you could say why don't you do it yourself, but it really takes a village to make something become BIG and GREAT. People leave for many reasons but most of the time it really isn't because the community well maybe starsandspiders resign was (that stuck out to me the most) but what can we really do about that? Not a whole lot besides improve (I said this before). 

Pfft.  This community doesn't learn from its lessons.  This is why we repeat the same mistakes, implement ideas a year after it's suggested, and people end up getting demoted, quitting, leaving... and we've even had sabotage (many prayers for our former CS:S ZE server).

2527l3.jpg

(I've got a fun phrase for this one: "An un-aimed arrow never misses its target")

This is a community where the cost of failure is more than the lack of effort; furthermore: active, passionate, loud, and people who are more involved sometimes have to make decisions that isn't always a favourite, and so they are easy targets for demotions and harassment.  Look at your staff team and you will see that quietness and inactivity has been a solid safety net for far too long and it's often a more promising pathway for promotion than effort.

Edited by Joshy
Removed last half