Jump to content
JK_Ghosty

17 dead in florida school shooting

Recommended Posts

Idk why humans call themselves sentient beings.

Pride.jpg.122376d124b74226ab38e7d35c71c416.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Achievements

A lot of school shootings have been happening in these past few months. Most were minor but this one has been the biggest school shooting we had recently. Something tells me more will be on the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heart breaking every time.

 

I felt a lot safer while abroad, and I personally think gun control works well.  There were certainly alternatives and hiccups here and there ie. knives and attacks, but nothing as much as here (in the US).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But guns aren't part of the problem amirite. 

How many more children have to die before we get stricter gun laws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

USA: "It's because the kids doesn't have guns to defend themselves either. Let's get all schoolkids a gun"

educated citizens: "remove guns and make strict laws so you Can't get a gun That easily."

Rednecks etc. "We have the right to bare arms, and we want to keep it That Way."

 

(I just don't get it, sorry.)

if anyone knew Someone there then I'm Sorry for your loss

Edited by Worgee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Achievements

2 hours ago, Worgee said:

USA: "It's because the kids doesn't have guns to defend themselves either. Let's get all schoolkids a gun"

educated citizens: "remove guns and make strict laws so you Can't get a gun That easily."

Rednecks etc. "We have the right to bare arms, and we want to keep it That Way."

 

(I just don't get it, sorry.)

if anyone knew Someone there then I'm Sorry for your loss

Most guns used in school shootings are illegal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, D o c t o r F said:

Most guns used in school shootings are illegal. 

the one that was used was legal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And most knives in stabbings are illegal

And all robberies are illegal

And all shootings are illegal

 

But the question is how can it be stopped?

So many die in the US each year from gunshots. This would be lowered if not that many guns were around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Achievements

I'd have to give my respect to the Football Coach and Security Guard, Aaron Fies. he actually saved some student's life by standing in the line of fire and taking shots for them. I praise this man for his sacrifice that saved others.

:rip:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Achievements

33 minutes ago, Worgee said:

And most knives in stabbings are illegal

And all robberies are illegal

And all shootings are illegal

 

But the question is how can it be stopped?

So many die in the US each year from gunshots. This would be lowered if not that many guns were around

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack

 

Ban trucks is basically what you're saying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, -_Fx_- said:

But guns aren't part of the problem amirite. 

How many more children have to die before we get stricter gun laws.

 

1 hour ago, Worgee said:

This would be lowered if not that many guns were around

Stricter gun laws will achieve nothing, if someone wants to shoot someone else, they will go the distance, legally or illegally, if anything guns should be easier for the law abiding citizens to obtain, the more people that own guns the better, it will overall lower crime rates.

Gun free zones should be rid of, if someone wants to shoot up a bunch of people, a gun free zone, like a school, is perfect target, if the adults in schools were allowed to carry guns I believe we would see a lot less fatalities in these type of shootings, and to all of you anti gun I know what your rebuddle will be, "But Lone, what if the people who are the teachers janitors and cooks want to shoot up the kids?" Well to that I reply with make it more difficult to become a member of these establishments, you are working with and around children and teens, you should know how to act around them and treat them with respect. Which is why I would propose that in order to work in these fields it would require that your background be 100% clean, even your minor years.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

most often the guys shooting up people does it due to the easy access to guns/weapons. If you look at scandinavia (where gunlaws are strict) then there really aren't that many (if any) shootings a year. As a fact then most people that dies from gunshots in the US are not from school shootings etc. but bad/incorrect handling of guns. Most of the people/kids doing the school shootings are abiding the law untill they start shooting so it totally makes sense what you're saying :thinking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Achievements

The guy was known to be mentally ill yet he was still able to buy a gun if you don't see the problem there then you can gfy.  I'm not saying get rid of guns I'm saying make them harder to get. Its fucking common sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, -_Fx_- said:

The guy was known to be mentally ill yet he was still able to buy a gun if you don't see the problem there then you can gfy.  I'm not saying get rid of guns I'm saying make them harder to get. Its fucking common sense. 

Under 18 U.S.C. § 922(d), it is unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution.” -Via the NCSL. 

Under this the man who distributed the gun to him should either be put under arrest or lose his license to sell guns.

 

And "make them harder to get" just of curiosity did you even read the first line of my previous comment, and in case you didn't here you go.

3 hours ago, Lone Sniper Skeleton said:

 

Stricter gun laws will achieve nothing, if someone wants to shoot someone else, they will go the distance, legally or illegally, if anything guns should be easier for the law abiding citizens to obtain, the more people that own guns the better, it will overall lower crime rates.

 

And trust me by no means am I trying to defend the shooter, but the problem that started all of this is the salesman not properly doing a background check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't blame the salesman dude. Have you ever met a psycopath? They are often handsome or good with words and doesn't show signs of mental issues. There is 99% chance that the salesman (and many others) had no clue that the guy had mental issues. If you want to blame someone you should blame the people of the system. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Achievements

51 minutes ago, Worgee said:

Don't blame the salesman dude. Have you ever met a psycopath? They are often handsome or good with words and doesn't show signs of mental issues. There is 99% chance that the salesman (and many others) had no clue that the guy had mental issues. If you want to blame someone you should blame the people of the system. :) 

As found in the news report he was on the FBI's radar, because of this, the salesman should not have sold him the gun. People who give out licences to carry have access to this info for a reason, and if put on the radar, his license should have been removed so the guns salesman couldn't have legally sold it to him.

Edited by Lone Sniper Skeleton
Moved words around to make easier to understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So he shouldn't have the license in the first place which the government didn't take away from him, kewl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Achievements

Honestly, the sole reason that guy walked in with an AR15 is because there is no security at that damn school. The fences are low as fuck so literally anyone that's able to (fucking high school kids for fucks sake), can jump it and be in or out of the school. I'm a US citizen who lived abroad his whole life, I speak both english and spanish fluently, and I can say the school I went to, even though we had nothing to worry about with guns and such, there was a heavy amount of security with everything. Cameras around every corner and in the middle of hallways, and security guards with shotguns. Now don't get me wrong, not every security guard would put their lives out toward saving the kids even with shotguns, but 10 guys with shotguns > 1 kid with an AR15, this ain't Call of Duty, where shotguns have a 2 ft range before they stop being deadly, they shoot for at least 200 feet. Other than that, stricter gun laws aren't the answer. Even though this time the gun was legal, it's  just as easy to go onto Tor and buy an AK47 or whatever and have it delivered to your house. 

 

Also found the last part of this funny "not trying to blame the family, but should a depressed 19 year old really have a gun?" Well, since he's adopted, they really can't do shit about his personal belongings and whatever memories he had with them, like if it was the gun he would go hunting with his dad or whatever. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/us/nikolas-cruz-florida-shooting-suspect/index.html

 

 

Strict gun laws won't help the situation, it'll make it harder. My condolences to those families who lost people, but that is my opinion on gun laws and the school shooting situation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×