Decoy

Help fill me in about GFL

Please keep this topic clean as well (e.g. no "drama"). We all know there are issues in GFL and I've been talking to @Decoy a lot about GFL itself. He is very interested in helping out further in the future and I believe he will be very successful within GFL. He just wants to know the issues from different perspectives and what we can do to improve the community as a whole.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Joel Smith said:

Well, the "about GFL" project is nearly ready so stay tuned for that :)

I was going to tell @Decoy about that project yesterday but ran out of time. I will be telling him today more than likely.

@Decoy, that'll be fun :D

I also showed him GFL's big accomplishments from the past here.

Thanks!

GFL is friendly if you make it, I've never personally experienced any drama. 

It’s good to see new people around curious about the community, along with seeing it grow! I’ve been here about a year? Maybe less but it’s been nice. A lot of the people here are nice and open to help :^)

I don’t think there’s any really big issues with the community, maybe a bit more positivity ?

Feel free to stop by the art section of the forums! We always like to see new faces around, especially for our contests such as Art of the month, Story of the month and so on! ?

Looking forward to seeing your input on the community ❤️

Posted  Edited by -_Fx_-

If you stay in it too long it can give you cancer. :yes:

I already have stage 4.

But If you get past the toxicity its a pretty decent community. The servers are nice and the people who play on them are nice.

Edited by -_Fx_-

Posted  Edited by ToniBamanaboni

The biggest issue with GFL is @GFLBot .:triggered: When you get over the toxicity and the retardaiton of some players, then GFL is a great place :D

Edited by ToniBamanaboni

Former CS:GO Surf RPG Deathmatch EU/US Admin.

My Steam Profile

glitter weed emoticonFeel free to add me on Steam if you need to ask me something.

sig.php?player_id=2031453&background=1

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: Added content
3 hours ago, Roy said:

Please keep this topic clean as well (e.g. no "drama"). We all know there are issues in GFL and I've been talking to @Decoy a lot about GFL itself. He is very interested in helping out further in the future and I believe he will be very successful within GFL. He just wants to know the issues from different perspectives and what we can do to improve the community as a whole.

Thanks.

I better restrain myself.

edit:

Someone made a thread kind of like this, and so maybe browsing through a few old announcements and threads might be helpful or at least interesting.

I do have a suggestion before you do that: Consider picking up the lessons learned off of other people instead of having to learn your own lessons.  What I am meaning is if you see someone touch a hot pan and they get burned, then you can probably take a good guess as to what would happen if you touched the pan too; also: Not all conditions or parameters have to be the same in order for you to make a good guess.  If there are pots sitting on the same surface as the pans, then you could probably guess the pots are hot too.  You'll notice a lot of the announcements made is just the team cycling through the same problems although they are calling it by different names; they are also not willing to pay the cost or accept the trade-offs of their decisions.

Sadly, a lot of things I said in that thread seem to be mostly gone :( , but I will share it anyways.  I'm rooting for you.

Edited by Joshy
Added content

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

The GMOD GFL Community is pretty toxic depending on which server. I am a purge player and some what deathrun player. People are really friendly most of the time on deathrun and thats where I learned to BHOP. You will meet some really cool people and may even become friends. Ex: Winter, Xy, Roy, FlyingJoe, Gekkotta, Jacobawesome, and many more. The only problem is how people get away with everything how @Jerry Hat Trick stated, its a problem for me on purge and deathrun. Not going to mention anything. 

jitticus

Thank you everyone, I appreciate the insight! I've been stumbling upon more discussions throughout the forum and doing a lot of reading.

On a side note, I also noticed @Joshy loves to take selfies, haha. :P