TheClassyBandit

Server Suggestion

MC Server  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Be Interested In A Minecraft Server?

• Yay
    • Nay
    • Maybe

Ever since I joined GFL, we've had Herobrine in our banner. But yet we have no Minecraft Server. Which I find is a lacking feature of GFL. Minecraft isn't just for kids, its for creative individuals who can make awe inspiring structures. I also thought I'd give promoting a Minecraft Server a chance. 

I am wanting to specifically suggest a Towny server (This is a server plugin, no download from the player is required) . Towny servers are distinct from a regular survival server due to one major difference. Land is protected by a plot-based town system. Towns play a major role in how the server works. Here's a basic rundown on what Towny Servers are all about: 

Nations

Nations are at the top of the governmental level. They are run by a King who has complete control over all towns within their nation. Primarily, nations are several towns that fall under one flag. With on serving as the capital, where the King resides. Kings will have control over how many towns are in a nation, and who has what major roles in a town. Typically an economy plugin goes alongside a Towny plugin, in this case Towns owe money to the Capital, and thus the King. Towns generate income by taxing residents for their right of being in the town. Ontop of plots of land having to be bought by residents so they can use them, they are also taxed.

Towns/The Mayor

Towns that are not the capital within a Nation are run by a Mayor. Mayors set land value, and how high taxes are in their town. They can appoint Town Staff who sell plots, accept people into the town (if the town is set to private, towns can be set to open and people can join freely that way) and build the town. Town Staff are still residents and thus still owe tax. 

Money

Currency is provided by a second plugin. Money is usually earned by a player having a job. Such as a Blacksmith. (Separate Plugin)

How Jobs Work:

Players who join a job usually receive money for crafting specific items. For instance; Blacksmiths receive X amount of money for crafting armor and weapons. Players can then also sell these items to other players. 

Other Ways of Generating Income:

A popular plugin that goes well with Towny Servers is on where it allows players to set up a Market Stall. Markets Stalls do not ave to be actively manned by the player, instead chests are stocked with goods and a sign based trading system is put in place. The owner has complete control over prices, and right clicking a sign that is over a chest (the signs has all the necessary information on it; what it is, how much, and for how many) will buy the item(s), and if you owner permits it, left clicking will sell the item(s).

This is just a basic look into what a Towny Server is. I will link to some plugins that would work well.

An ideal Towny plugin: http://towny.palmergames.com/release-version-towny-advanced-0-92-0-0-1-11-1-12-2/

Compatible economy plugin: http://towny.palmergames.com/iconomy-5-05/

Ex TTT 24/7 Minecraft Admin.

Is Pretty Classy Too.

pyros.png.80bfa2fe08c28c8e48c94bc69e9b0f2a.png

We can do minecraft just do it right, I swear every damn time we have done it everything and anything went wrong, we just need to do it right guys.

Achievements

Sounds interesting... I don't know.

It's always good to spread to new games, but there are a lot of ways a minecraft server could be horrible.

It could always be fun to try though.

Punful.png

Mario.jpg.c67022abf2702d2734ae387d615859b2.jpg

Riggs.png.81714f29991558a488ec4ae1bd0897ba.png

6 hours ago, TheClassyBandit said:

its for creative individuals who can make awe inspiring structures.

Or for those people that can make dicks. But is there a difference?

In all seriousness, I think this is a maybe. I don't know if we can do it right; I have also heard the main problem with Minecraft was the Server Manager.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

8 hours ago, i have had it up to duck said:

We can do minecraft just do it right,

5 hours ago, Duc2000 said:

I think this is a maybe.

8 hours ago, Bluuu3 said:

It could always be fun to try though.

Everyone so far is saying we could probably do it if we did it right the first time. I do to, and given the set of circumstances we need something to bring people back to the server. In this case its the gradual construction of a town, and generating the funds to keep it going. This isn't a PVP or a vanilla survival server where the sole objective is to survive. Towny does suppport PVP between Nations, but that can be turned off. 

I genuinely think that a Towny server could bring people back to it, because a clear objective is there. Look at TTT2 for example, everyone wanted it, but no one is on it because its basically TTT1, and TTT1 already has a population to play with. With a minecraft server it will be it's first, and it can hold a lot of people (around 200).

Ex TTT 24/7 Minecraft Admin.

Is Pretty Classy Too.

pyros.png.80bfa2fe08c28c8e48c94bc69e9b0f2a.png

• 10 months later...